BBTS has pictures & pre-orders for Takara Legends Arcee, Chromia & Windblade

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by AllSpark Ferret, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Dat pink.

I still don't have the urge to spend $30 though per figure.

2. Jigga

Jigga Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Takara wins on all 3

3. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    MAN THESE ARE AMAZING!!!

Arcee is full on G1 accurate with the right detailing and the red on the stomach. No black there (her tires are even gray).

Windblade is perfect comic accurate with the red in jet mode, white face, red bikini, black thighs, and extra detailing in robot and jet mode.

Chromia has the light purple face and detailing that she had on the G1 cartoon.

These (particularly Arcee and Windblade) BLOW HASBRO'S OUT OF THE WATER!!! And I like Hasbro's.

Randy

4. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Had to order all three, the Hasbro versions will be for display/play while these Takara versions will stay pristine!

5. BAD MOON

BAD MOON Wrecker

Ordered 4 Arcee. Boomya.

6. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great improvements, as expected. Getting rid of the black on Arcee makes a huge difference.

7. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Still dont care for g1 Arcee. Chromia is meh. Ordered Windblade.

8. rosewater

rosewater Well-Known Member

I really wish that Takara and Hasbro would sell the same decos. I sprang for TT Jetfire, because Jetfire, but throwing down thirty apiece on deluxes just ain't gonna happen. These are leagues better than their Hasbro counterparts.

9. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Not me. It gives us as consumers a choice in selection. It'd be extremely boring if they always released just the same thing.

Hasbro has more limitations in paint budget than Takara. They both also have different ideas as to how they want to deco the figure. I'm glad they can both operate the way they do.

Randy

10. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    Agreed; nobody's holding a gun to your head saying "you have to buy both versions."

11. Jacer

Jacer Find Kill Cleanse Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I was totally fine with Hasbro's Windblade, but holy cow, Takara did an amazing job wither her. Bought.

12. Lunchbox83

Lunchbox83 Maximal

Takara's Arcee is more accurate, but I think Hasbro's is more interesting. The black highlights really help her vehicle mode. Chromia isn't different enough to justify the extra cost. I'll stick with my Hasbro preorder.

That Windblade, though, is phenomenal.

13. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Ordered only Windblade just because I like how she looks comparared to the Hasbro version...

14. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Damn, this makes it tough....

Arcee: I like the pink and white neck more on Takara (and yes, its G1 Toon Accurate), but I actually dont mind the detailings on Hasbro more, that brakes up the figure's colors more (even though it's not G1 accurate). Pink is a very hard color for repaint, so I wouldn't be able to improve the Hasbro one myself, but I think it will still be good, just not as great as the Takara one. May get both..., Hasbro one being 100% sure.

Chromia: The Alt mode is a vast improvement with the window and length of it on Takara (I HATE the clear no color window on Hasbro), but I dont know if I like the lilac (purple) details at all, and much prefer that of Hasbro actually. So alt mode, I prefer Takara, but bot mode, I think I still prefer Hasbro maybe, and guess which mode she would be in most.... BOT of course. That said, I could fix the Takara lilac to silver or light grey myself, just not sure I want to pay 30$ more because of imports vs the Hasbro one. So Hasbro for now, I think, unless in hand pics for bot mode are good (may still change mind....)

Windblade: Ay, this is the toughest. I already bought 2 of the Hasbro, and love them very much (yes, they look absolutely amazing). However, I will be getting the entire comics soon, and the Takara one looks very Nice with the extra Red on body and White Face. I may end up getting both (not 100% sure yet though), but I hope I can get it locally somehow, maybe at a show or used one, as it would cost me about 30$ more for the import... Out of the three, this is the best job by takara, at least for me, but I think many will want the Takara Arcee now cause of G1 accurate colors.

15. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    preordered Arcee and Windblade.

unsure if I'm gonn a follow through. I'm very conflicted right now due to their prices. But, I really love the characters and know I'll never find them here in Arizona so.... :p 

16. rosewater

rosewater Well-Known Member

I am aware that I'm under no obligation to buy anything. I just think Takara gets the deco right more often than Hasbro, and I want to pay $15 for a deluxe versus $30. That's all. It's for purely selfish reasons. Which versions are you getting?

17. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    I don't know, sometimes I find the Hasbro ones betters, others I like the Takara ones better. Like for Rhinox, I preferred Hasbro, whilst for Wasp, I preferred Takara. In the case of the fembots, I would say Takara is clearly more accurate, and most will prefer those colors (I would be in the exceptions though, except for Windblade)

18. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Arcee looks fantastic but i already paid for the hasbro one.
    The other two I'm not that bothered about. Already got Hasbros Windblade and they did a good enough job with it. Chromia I'm getting with Arcee.

19. Jindrak

Jindrak Smart Primitive

From the resolution of the photo, I can't really tell much about the Takara Windblade aside from some different color placement- neither one really sticks out as FAR superior. Sticking with Hasbro on this one.

Arcee- Takara is P E R F E C T! ordered with no hesitation!

20. Ramdomaccess

Ramdomaccess Give drift a sword sword

these looks nice but the differences are minor enough (too me) that both version are equal i don't like how much more red is on windblade's jet mode