BBTS Exclusive - Decepticon Piranacon

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Aaron, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Personally, Abominus and Piranacon are my favorite gestalts, which is why I'm willing to swallow the price.

Also, I just got a newsletter from BBTS to tell me about this... half an hour after I ordered it XD

2. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:

^Yup, same here bud! :lol 

I don't want to splash more than $600 on a King Posiedon giftset...:redface2: 

3. conleyh2006

conleyh2006 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i emailed bbts and asked them the reason for the mark up and asked them to respond here to tfw maybe they will and maybe they will have a good excuse cause i am not thrilled about the mark up either but compared to the price of the original or the price encore bruticus was this is still a deal and the box shows the stands one the side with the toys in tm form

4. Facemeat

Facemeat Give me your Face(meat)!

I don't understand why most people seemed to doubt the $50 price. These are basically 5 Scout class figures and a deluxe. (5x$7)+$10=$45
    I don't understand why being a reissue alone means it should cost a lot more, in fact, it should probably cost less since they're far easier to make and the plastic's clearly cheaper.

5. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I hope they do and THEN explain WHY they figure they have to mark this up so much. I also hope that maybe they will give the REAL excuse and not some trash excuse.

6. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

Suggested retail price is exactly that people. Just look at Wal-Greens. Their TFs are not being sold for the MSRP. Same could be said for a few other stores too. It's at the discretion of the store that carries the product.

7. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Pre-ordered. I don't want to miss this, I have most of the G1 Seacons and I'd love to have this set.

8. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I love what this will do for the availability and prices of the TFCC version.

9. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I love them too. I can't wait for this goofy looking old school bastard to grace my shelf.

10. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

Depends. I think it should lower the price of that TFCC version a bit. However, that set has a different paint scheme, so this BBTS exclusive might have very little affect on that TFCC one. We'll have to wait and see.

11. wrecker

wrecker Particle man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    no sir I don't like it. Personally AND IMO i don't care for BBTS. they have a tendency of boosting up the price based on fan favorites (i.e all ROTF scouts a set price, but the fan favs/popular names are a bit more expensive)

12. Nemesis Chris

Nemesis Chris mental minibot

pre-ordered, i missed this one as a kid, probably my favorite combiner

13. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    well this blows big time.. Am i the only one that i getting tired of all the " Exclusive " figures.. Not sick of the figures themself but it seems like every other figure that comes out is an exclusive to a store.. What happend to the old days when every store carried every figure? I was all set to buy this for 50$ when i seen the set in the botcon pics but this is a double kick in the ass for me , costing 10$ more (not surprising BBTS move) and it being an exclusive to an online only store where you have no choice but to pay 60$ for the figure and $16 for shipping. I dont have 80$ to dump on a figure... this blows..

14. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    ugh and i am broke.......damnit........i want this BAD

15. FirstReality

FirstReality Member

It amazes me how many people are complaining about the Seacons being BBTS exclusives. I'm THRILLED!!! My favorite online store getting a set that I never thought I'd be able to own? I was so fearing this would be a Target exclusive (there's no Targets in my state), or a WalMart exclusive that'd somehow find a way to NEVER appear in my local WalMart. I've LIVED off BBTS for probably 90% of my TF exclusives for easily 8-9 years now, and have NEVER had a problem with their shipping. And I still believe their Pile of Loot option is how ALL online stores should work. Not just toy retailers, EVERYTHING. Amazon, WalMart, everything should work like BBTS' Pile-Of-Loot. Using the pile of loot, you SAVE money on shipping if you buy more than one item, and are willing to let them sit a while. Yes, their prices are a bit higher than some, and they do annoy me by selling stuff in waves without breaking the figs out for enough individual figures, but I'm MORE than willing to put up with that.

As for the price bump - meh, I never saw this 49.99 or whatever it was said to be, and I consider the August ship-date MORE than fair for a reissue G1 gestault set I've never owned (would've paid $100 and considered that fair, truthfully).

So, yeah, my Seacons are preordered, and I'm tickled pink. August, however, is going to be NASTY expensive if all my pre-ordered Joe stuff is ontime. Ouch...

Oh, and I almost forget - everyone hesitating because they don't have the money now - BBTS doesn't charge your CC UNTIL the item arrives in their hands, so if you wait for the August shipment, you won't need the money until late August! Don't miss out for no good reason!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  16. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Cool beans. Got my pre-order in for August and my POL is turned on so I might wait a while before I let it ship. Do we get the Targetmaster stands.

17. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Man I hate buying stuff through bbts. It turns into a huge project to make pile of loot work for you on shipping. Their just doing this to make me buy the resolute gijoes I was going to pass on because I hate making those tiresome pile of loot orders.

If any other retailer could pick it up, then it would have been $49.99 and I would'nt have to Hassle with the most Vile Youtube Transformer Advertiser. And Destroyer of Worlds: BBTS.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  18. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    :lol  at Transformers fans complaining about the price from an online retailer

You forget that you're comparing an online retailer to Walmart and Target. How many Walmarts and Targets are there in the US? I'm gonna guess around 2000-4000 each. If each store simply orders 10 Piranacons'(granted bigger stores will order much more and smaller stores may not stock any). You're looking at 40K and 20K units. Hasbro will sell these to the stores at a bulk discount.

How many are BBTS gonna carry? 4000-5000 units? I mean, think logically, which many refuse to do. It makes complete sense as to why the sets are priced a little higher. Ordering more units equals a lower base price. Fewer units mean a higher one.

You also know that BBTS likely ended up with this exclusive because the other retailers such as Walmart, Target, TRU, etc. passed on it. So face with the option of it never coming out or paying $10 above MSRP, what would you rather have?

19. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't see how it will effect it at all. The TFCC Seacons have a radically different box (way more G1 and just plain better, IMO) and a completely different color scheme.

20. leov36

leov36 Rubber Wheel'd UM

Instagram:
    I just pre ordered for august. I can wait. Im kinda glad it is an online exclusive. Easy to obtain, no searching stores, guaranteed to get. Price doesnt bother me, maybe well get a ten dollar discount