BBTS Exclusive - Decepticon Piranacon

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Aaron, Jun 29, 2010.

1. TfAnimatedfan

TfAnimatedfan Five. Dollar. Headband.

News Credits:
    Considering this could have been a TRU exclusive, Yes, People DO live far away from some stores. I am willing to pay an extra 10.00 if I don't have to go through all the crap I had to put up with for Animated Arcee.

2. Nemesis Chris

Nemesis Chris mental minibot

well not everyone drives a hybrid

3. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

No, they don't. And no, they're not.

4. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I still find it odd that the club sold (I think) 2000 Seacon sets at $119. Now BBTS is selling (what appears to be around) 3000 sets and it's only $60. Why the double price difference?

5. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    I'd like to add a little perspective, if I may. Earlier this year, a fellow board member graciously sold me his complete, vintage Piranacon with fresh reprolabels and everything for some $250 bucks. For the convenience of having all of the Seacons complete and in good condition from a good owner all in one package? I was and still am very satisfied with that price.

Now, for a quarter of that price most everyone here can get a Piranacon of their own, fresh from a damn swifty package *AND* with a badass chrome sword to boot? Come on, that's a no brainer if I ever heard one.

Is the $10 price difference a faux pas? Maybe. Maybe not. Lets not forget the S in MSRP does stand for "suggested." ...and with BBTS being the exclusive outlet for this figure until they hit the secondary market... they're kinda free to charge whatever they want s'long as they think it can sell. Which, obviously, it will... what with fine folks here having tossed down pre-orders for 2 and 3 sets a head.

As for my non-north american brothers? My heart weeps. You guys suffer somethin' awful for this hobby and it looks like this is another one you're being asked to take on the chin. :( 

6. Arcee 69

Arcee 69 Well-Known Member

Why are people bitching about $10 when the only other alternative is to buy a used crappy vintage one for $300+???

7. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Can't beat 65 MPG average! :D 
    This is sweet! I think this is one of those figures that's only worth having if you have the entire lot. Although the sting-ray one was my favorite. Another great combiner to add to the list of wants.............

8. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

God, I'd hope that is not a crappy one for that price. :p 

9. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Thanks Mav. For the record, shipping to the UK was around the $25 mark. That's a small price to pay to get a MISB set of Seacons.

10. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Neither do I. If I had a hybrid, that would be more like 200 miles (or more!) for $10.

11. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Please explain where the bait-and-switch is.

At no point did anyone from Hasbro say this would be exclusive to a brick-and-mortar store. In fact, a rep told at least one person that it would be at an online store:
    Source: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...on-coverage-seacons-images-4.html#post4937360

12. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I don't think it's a bad price. But, people may not have expected it so soon, don't have the funds saved up (since most of us were expecting it to be a B&M exclusive in the fall, and already knew our funds would be going to Botcon and Generations and whatnot) and so, the way it ended up has caught us off guard. If you have the cash to spare, though, it's a pretty damn good price.

13. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

News Credits:

Hasbro can not set the price that a store charges for an item. That is called price-fixing and is illegal, so I am sure Hasbro is not forcing BBTS to charge this price. BBTS is charging what they feel is a fair price that they can profit on without losing sales due to charging too much.

It didn't work for their business model (overcharging for toys you can find at the any other store), but BBTS charging a little extra for items they believe will be in demand when they can is just smart business.

14. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    well said and i fully expect some of these to hit ebay the day after BBTS fully sells out of them.

15. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Why do people keep bringing this up? I've never so much as considerd buying a vintage one. It's not a fair comparison.

Vintage toy =/= reissue.

16. Gigastorm

Gigastorm Banned

really? why is everyone butt hurt about a $10 increase?

You are getting a complete G1 combiner with all the robots and supposedly the weapons.

Encore bruticus was alot more than this in price to import and not half the fun to buy...really ...folks should appreciate they are being re-released at all.

17. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Now that you mention it...

Having over the past weekend spent quite a good deal of my paycheck in the purchase of Souvenir toys from Botcon, I fall into this category and I hadn't even considered it. My bad.

I got all swept up in the, "Oooh! Piranacon! Sweet! BBTS Exclusive? No big, *pre-order'd* ...he's coming out when, you say?"

Derp.

18. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The 10 bucks dont bother me nearly as much as all those damn twisty ties I see they are using to package it :banghead: 

19. keebs

keebs 32 Oh-Zee Killah

Preordered and only 2502 left

20. Nemesis Chris

Nemesis Chris mental minibot

i'm just hoping i'll be able to keep this one in the box. i doubt it though.