BBTS Exclusive - Decepticon Piranacon

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Aaron, Jun 29, 2010.

1. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I won't call you petty, but I do think it's a tad bit foolish. If these sets really are limited then your decision to not order a set based on a $10 price increase plus shipping (which you would've spent on gas looking for them) will cost you way more on the secondary market. Spend now, save later.

2. unchained5150

unchained5150 Time to Disappear.

One thing no one has mentioned yet is the fact that stores up their prices ever so, so they can make a profit on items. If they just charged the MSRP, they'd go out of business faster than they could sell a single run of any given product. Given that BBTS doesn't have near the bankroll that Walmart or Target have, I'd say $10 is a quite fair markup considering the exclusivity of this item. It has nothing to do with tarnishing a reputation or any of the like. It's more to do with staying in business so they can bring out those exclusives.

3. Nemesis Chris

Nemesis Chris mental minibot

its just 10 bucks, you'll waste more than that in gas trying to hunt this thing down.

4. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Your point? KB was "rightly criticized" for this all the time.

And they went out of business.

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Preordered for August.
    And for those of you in the US whingeing about a $10 price hike: Boo HOO. Be thankful you don't have to pay international shipping rates on top of that.

6. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

I realize they are a business and that this is a limited item (I can't imagine anymore than 10,000 at this point). That said, it would be nice if they addressed the price difference.

7. Kenucme

Kenucme Yes, I'd get that one too

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good Point! $10 wasn't stopping me from going ahead and ordering some myself. The shipping is less than $10 extra and didn't change for ordering two.

Those who dismiss this for the "extra" cost (but really want one) and wait until they are all sold will be ranting twice as hard. Doesn't strike me as a valid point. Just that you gotta have it your way.

8. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    These are excellent points. To be fair, we should all start raging about the "price increase" caused by sales tax and gas for nearly every other toy Hasbro makes.

9. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

News Credits:

Yeah, I knew when I said "all" that someone would prove me wrong. Guess I should have said that the increase won't keep too many people from changing their minds about getting this.

I was mad about the price being $10 more than MSRP at first too, but that was only for a moment. Now that I think about it more it is worth the additional cost to not have to continually check for this at Walmart or another store farther away wasting gas and provoking the ire of my wife with each visit :mad  (some of which I would have had her make after work). This way I'll only get yelled at after it is delivered and in my hands. :lol 

Does BBTS charge tax for out of state customers? If not, is anyone also taking that savings into consideration when counting the shipping as part of the price increase?

10. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    I've never understood this argument. Do people live THAT far away from stores? Even at today's gas prices, I can go about 100 miles on 10 bucks.

11. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Personally I'm quite happy that this is a BBTS exclusive. No driving around, wasting time, fighting scalpers.... with Toys R Us and it's spotty distribution, and my closest Wal-Mart being a 45-minute drive plus a bridge toll away... less fuss, less stress. Just drop that sucker in a Pile of Loot, and group-ship it with some other stuff, excellent. Bring on more BBTS exclusives. It may be a bit more money, but time is money too, and this saves time.

12. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    You assume they'll find it at the first one they go to. Which, as reports consistently remind us, seems to be very often not the case.

13. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Hmmm a tfcc exclusive that is now a repaint exclusive?.....

14. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ummm other way around.

15. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yes. For me to go anywhere other than Walmart means a 50+-mile round trip. (And my local Walmart doesn't usually carry exclusives.) Between the ~$6.00 that costs me in gas and the $3.50 sales tax I'd pay on the MSRP, it's a break-even proposition. Shipping is negligible because I make full use of the Pile of Loot.

16. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    In and of itself that's true. Since BBTS aren't profitting from the shipping. But, if this had been a brick and mortar exclusive, you wouldn't have to pay shipping unless you chose to buy it on ebay. However, as buying it online is the ONLY way to get this, you sort of have to factor the shipping into how much you spend on it.

17. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    True, but that's also why I (perhaps after you saw my post) pointed out that I can go 100 miles on 10 bucks. That's a lot of return trips.

18. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:

Stand corrected....

19. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Yup, you edited after I posted. However, not everyone's cars are as economical as that.

20. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    This is fair. And, to be honest, I fully expected it to BE a "brick and mortar" exclusive. I think we all did. If we were told at BotCon that this was to be an online exclusive, I'm sure I'd feel very differently.

This is pretty much ALL about the "bait and switch" of it all, to me.