BBTS buying your collection

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Deceptigtar, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So has anyone lately got some low offers for their items? I am talking like what are you smoking low. Now I understand they are a business and need to make money, so I fully understand how that all works as I have sold stuff to them before.

Below is a list that I recently sent to them, and the offer I got was $90 cash or $110. I couldnt believe it.

Cyberverse all loose and complete:
    Drill vehicle with Knockout
    Knockout
    Breakdown
    Megatron
    Starscream
    Dreadwing
    Skyquake
    Vehicons, 5 total
    Flamewar

Hasbro PRID, all loose and complete:
    Deadend
    Starscream from entertainment 2 pack with Silas and buddy
    entertainment pack Megatron deluxe

Capsule microns:
    Megatron
    Black and pink versions of snake and gecko
    Both versions of the turtle
    Arms Microns, loose and assembled with all packaging and paperwork:
    Baro 2
    Jiro 2
    Shadow arms set all 4
    Hellflame set, Rhino hammer has a stress around the leg, all 4
    Dark matter set
    Shadow Arms Micron, Valo, the Ram, unassembled

Arms Microns, all stickers applied, microns assembled and all included box and paper work:
    Deluxe Megatron
    Darkness Megatron
    Knockout
    Vehicon
    Airachnid
    Dreadwing
    Skywarp
    Thundercracker
    Orion Pax, factory error forgot a blue window, so only has one
    Starscream
    Terrorcon BB
    Terrorcon CJ

2. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    At first I was thinking it wasn't that bad of an offer... till I hit the list of AM Deluxe/Voyagers and store exclusives. The BBTS new price just for those is closing in on $500 alone. Between that and the other stuff I would have expected at least a $200 cash offer.

Have you tried countering their offer?

3. Deceptigtar

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    well based on what i was selling each item here for on the threads i was expecting at least 400-500, based on the AM deluxes and voyagers and the exclusive microns alone i wasnt even think of adding all the small stuff in and left it at that.

i asked to go back and look, but ill probably just stick to the boards or ebay soon. shipping alone would kill me too.

4. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Yeah, there's been talk recently of new staff handling this stuff, and what's seen as very low offers.

5. TFPrime

TFPrime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well you're selling all the stuff they already really have in stock, and current and loose..it's like trying to sell movie figures, or TF Animated etc..they're not really selling out of their own stock, so they're certainly not going to offer much to buy more they don't need really..and BBTS has always given low deals.

6. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    TBH, I was never much of a fan of BBTS, but lately I am starting to think BBTS has gone way over board.

First they rape the collectors on the cost of their collections, then they resell at outragous prices:

Exhibit A:
    Generations Preceptor Loose: $45?!
    Deluxe 2011 Series 02 - Perceptor - Transformers 2010 - 2013 Transformers Deluxe at BigBadToyStore

Here are the EBay listings:
    reveal the shield perceptor | eBay

When you cost almost 2x-3x more then eBay, you know you got problems!

Someone needs to tell BBTS that the new staff taking this stuff is a bit off their rocker!

7. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

You're better off just selling these on the boards or in micro lots via eBay.

8. omegafix

omegafix Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    thats funny

9. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    That offer does sound rather "oddly " low coming from them. Your not the first to complain about this. Some others have mentioned getting low offers as well for there collections. I personally sell to them all the time. So far I haven't seen any unreasonable pricing from them.

10. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That is not cool! Orion Pax and Thundercracker cost atleast that much or more themselves.

11. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    I looked at your list and, while I agree that some of the offers people are complaining about have been kind of low-ball, you have to understand that opened current-line toys are effectively worthless.

12. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    I wonder if BBTS' used toys department isn't selling a lot of toys, so they're purposely low balling people, to keep the used toy inventory in check.

13. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They offered me $30 for a CM's corp GGG V2 a few weeks back. Thing goes for around $150-$175...

14. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Motorized Transformer

News Credits:
    If you really want to sell everything at once then maybe TFSource would give you a better offer.

Some of us were talking about this in the BBTS in stock thread. I had a theory that the new girl makes super low offers because she expects people to try to negotiate a higher number like on Pawn Stars. But if that's the case she's making it a pain in the ass. It took them over a week to respond to my last email. I don't want to spend a month exchanging emails just to get an extra ten or twenty bucks. I want to sell my stuff not make a new pen pal.

15. archieboy

archieboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree. The same way a brand new car loses 20%~ of its value as soon as it rolls off the show floor. The offer was bad, but not completely unreasonable. And these current mainline figs don't really have much resale value for what they are.

Selling these on eBay or on Junkion is an alternative, and you'll definitely get more if you're able to sell everything. While low, the advantage of the BBTS offer is that you get to sell everything at once instantly.

16. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

Try selling comic books to a comic book store. Youre lucky ro get 10% retail value on anything.

17. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    whoever does this for bbts now probably not familiar with market value as oppose to retail. so she probably was told to just offer at most 50% of retail for sealed and at most 25% for loose. not worrying about looking up each figure to figure out market value.

18. Deceptigtar

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i understand the loss of value, but here is how i am looking at it, and yes i am sure their prices are based on their cost plus shipping plus profit...

all 4 hell flames from bbts before shipping would cost you 240
    all 4 shadow microns from bbts would be 220
    am dreadwing from bbts 50
    airachnid 30
    vehicon 38
    darkness megatron 65
    orion pax 55
    thundercracker 55
    skywarp sold out but lets say 40
    knockout 38
    megatron 38
    terrorcon bb 65
    terrorcon cj 70
    starscream 60

that totals just those items to $1064, half that and we have $532, i think 500 would be a fair offer as i would consider all the cyberverse stuff and capsule microns cheap and a throw in. They could easy give me 50 or 40% of that total and add a 25% mark up base on that to make back the money plus a profit, plus they dont pay for the shipping.

19. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    The funny thing is that it will probably cost you like $30 to ship all this stuff to BBTS. So in the long run you will net what $50?

20. Acidophilus

Acidophilus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I sold them eight Alternators recently. I'm only keeping my favorites. I was lucky enough to only pay retail for each of them.
    I had opened, and transformed all of them at least a couple times, and they paid me more for them than I paid for them sealed. So I was happy with the offer.

I sold them another lot of loose Transformers a couple weeks ago, they made an offer, I asked for more, and they made a better offer, I accepted.

None of it was recent releases, two years old or more.

I know I can get more on these boards, but selling to BBTS is much easier, and faster. There can be a lot of hassles when dealing with people on the boards, most that have sold here know what I mean. You may get more but you pay for it in effort.