BAY'S FixIts.. What would you do different?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Metallitron, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Metallitron

Metallitron Decepticon of Malice

News Credits:
    Im not an original G1 fan in fact I will openly admit I started liking Transformers due to the first movie which I fell in love with TF since and I really was turned off by the twins and Jetfire somewhat..The beards,"facial hair", and Hair on robots just looks lazy, humanized too much to characters in earths history and when we ask Bay to give more personality to the characters, we mean MORE FRICKIN LINES!!! Skids and his ghetto buck teeth including a gold tooth would never fly on cybertron and Mudflap and his mustache...ahhh NO! Stop making them look like Albert Einstein, Rappers, or Old grumpy robots with accents!! Bay word of advice as late as it may be:

1:Ferrari= HOT ROD

2:Starscream cant wait to take out Megs first chance he gets instead of acting like a little, groveling bitch

3:No more 9 year old humor like dogs humping, John Tuturro's ass, Etc.

4:Make SHOCKWAVE almost unstoppable and have a direct line to UNICRON who stays in space and kicks SOUNDWAVE down to earth for some fighting!

5: For the love of OP, show us MORE of CYBERTRON!!!

6: Less "twins" screen time and more lines from Ironhide, Ratchet, Sideswipe...This movie IS called TRANSFORMERS: Not "the OP and BB show"

7: Show us the EPIC transformations you showed us in the first film vs. the cheating you did in ROTF!! We loved how you took your time!! I still watch the transformations in TF1 and still to this day, am amazed!!

8: Decepticons are hard to beat!! Not to go down with a few hits from the military even though the military knows to use "high-heat sable rounds". Bring some character to them as you did in TF1 with BoneCrusher and Barricade

9: SLOW DOWN!! with the intro and ending!! We know you are in a hurry and want to make as much money with this but take a few more seconds out of your life to end TRANSFORMERS 3 right

10: More vehicles such as(only suggestions): boats, Stealth bombers, Trains, even futuristic vehicles...Hasbro doesnt care as long as they can make a toy of it...The FALLEN was cool for what he was, BUT HE NEVER TRANSFORMS!!! Hence the point!;) 

11: Work a bit more on your editing rather than your toilet humor and you are golden

12: Give us a more inspiring score than ROTF Steve Jablonsky!! Linkin Park doesnt need to do more than 1 song on the album

With these fixed i think we are solid:) 

2. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    Bay ain't Chris Nolan. He ain't gonna give what you want!

3. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I would've changed the caption for 'Devastator' in TF1. That would be an easy fix.

Other than that, it'd require a massive overhaul to turn these into actual good movies.

For TF3, I dunno. Less toilet humour might help, but that's just scratching the surface. Just regardless of whether it displays poor taste or includes G1 homages, or the little things we might want, they just need to focus on having a compelling storyline, that gets the viewer involved. The main problem I had with ROTF was that I stopped giving a damn about what was going on. If you don't make the audience care about the characters or what happens to them, it gets boring pretty fast, regardless of how much CG FX and epic 'splosions are thrown at the screen.

4. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

What Bumblethumper said, it would require a massive overhaul to turn these into good movies... at least good enough to make us ALL happy.

5. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    John Tuturro's ass was actually john idea not bay idea

6. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Steve Jablonsky rocked the score for both movies what the heck? I say keep him

7. Metallitron

Metallitron Decepticon of Malice

News Credits:
    I say keep him too, but give us MORE Of a score for TF3 vs. the little we got from ROTF;) 

8. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I rather got the Dinobots in it,but Bay hates them.

9. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

One thing I wish would change is how the TFs are treated when they are in vehicle mode.

It seems they are real, living characters in robot mode, but when they transform, they just become... well, cars. Jazz just sat there when BB got his legs blown off, the Twins just sat there waiting for Sam & co. after Starscream almost killed everyone in the desert. The Autobots in the NEST Hangar just park there and do nothing but be shiny and clean. Even when the Autobots get transported to the plane in ROTF, they're all on flatbed trucks under tarps... as if they couldn't drive themselves anywhere.

I don't know, but whenever I see one of the TF vehicles on-screen, they seem like just cars to me, not robots in disguise. And that's the big selling point of the series to me.

10. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    THIS!! I want to see them be THEM in vehicle mode as well... plus some REAL energon, not just the mention of it.

11. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    I agree that in vehicle mode, the Transformers are supposed to be able to move themselves and should also be able to talk. The Transformers are supposed to copy only the externals and their internals should be more complex so I would assume that the complex internals would allow for speech.

TF2 saved lots of money by using constructicon clones everywhere and also boring drones everywhere. Transformers made a lot of money so maybe they can afford to do better animation for TF3. In TF2, there was too much cheating in the transformations and often, no transformation is shown at all. You are shown constructicon vehicles, and after that, they are all robots suddenly. The little one did not even match the vehicle that was shown.

12. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    No matter what Bay could do to try and "fix" the series in one movie, it wouldn't happy. And the entire fandom couldn't be happy about it either. There are always going to be some who aren't pleased.

13. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

Yes that's the point, they are in disguise. A disguise is not a disguise if you know it's a disguise.

14. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    well that's true of course. Nothing is universally loved. But that doesn't mean there's no room for improvement or that they couldn't make a TF movie that more of us would like.

15. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

My main problem with Michael Bay is all the "toilet humor" that he puts in the movies.He said he wouldn't do it for TF3,but I won't believe it until I see the movie.

16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

At this point I think the only real way to fix everything is just let Micheal Bay jump the shark as hard as he can with the third film so there is a perfect excuse for the next team to just start over.

17. optimus_tractor

optimus_tractor Well-Known Member

More giant robot balls and dog humping.

18. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

The first movie wasn't all that bad, some of the toilet humor could have been cut, more interactions between the bots would have been better, and improved camera work during the fight scenes would have helped it tons.

The second one was a trainwreck from lack of having actual writers. Bay did too much himself and didn't know what to do with half the film. The overall concept is there, the fight scenes were shot better and the bots got a bit more talking time (though not the ones people wanted to see), but there was still too much "Bay-isms" running the story and everything seemed rushed and disjointed. So really, with a better story and writers actually writing it, the movie would have been much better, but we got what we got because of the situation at the time, and Bay more or less accepted responsibility for it's problems.

The third one...it may be able to redeem the series, but it has to end up being a great movie to do so. Personally, I'm not expecting anything more then a "good" movie, which will be fine by me. But I'm hoping Bay learned as much from the second film as he did from the first, and that the third one will be made with the culmination of all the incidents and disappointments from the first two films pushing him to make a much better final film.

19. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Impossible. Just because someone likes it, many others will bitch about it. I find the general public less unhappy with the movies than us "diehards."

In short, ROTF would have been a Decepticon win. I wouldn't change much from the first... maybe less with the hackers, more talk between Megs and Starscream... but that's it.

ROTF however, would have been much different after Prime died... He would have stayed dead, while the Autobots had to rag taggedly team up to find the Matrix, fending off the Cons along the way. I would have had the actual quest be much shorter... Skids, Flap and Bee would have sought the Matrix, while the Arcees, Sideswipe, Ironhide and Ratchet sought the sun harvester. The fallen still would have stolen the Matrix and started the Harvester, but the Bots would have ran a counterstrike mission to retrieve the Matrix, they would have fought bravely but been outclassed, tho I would have one of the twins snatch the Matrix. Once this was accomplished, the bots would have fell back to a space bridge opened my Jetfire... tho this would have costed him his life, as the Fallen, Megatron and Starscream blast him to bits. The movie would have concluded with Optimus Prime's resurrection (a sign of hope), and subsequent plans to conclude the battle with the Fallen, since he's supposed to be the founder of the Decepticons.

One of the few things I hated about the movie was that it was written as if it might fail... The first one had a cliffhanger ending with Starscream escaping, but the second one seemed like a death blow to the Cons. The bad guys need to win sometimes... I think this would have increased the hype on the 3rd movie.

20. Coolyfett

Coolyfett Well-Known Member

but but but it makes a boat load of cash!!!!