Bay's final comments on the film

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Lateralus, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Lateralus

Lateralus Well-Known Member

2. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    EDIT- Upon reading further down the page, and seeing Roberto Orci's comment, I take back much of what I had here.

I don't BLAME Bay, I suspsect he was very isolated from the producers and very focused on his movie production. I still think he believes what he was saying and I commend him for standing up for the writers. Bay, like many people in many instances, based his opinion on all the information available to him which is never everything.

3. turk128

turk128 Well-Known Member

Yikes, Bay is really airing alot of dirt. Seriously, that's a hell lot of dirt. Tom Desanto and Don Murphy aside, badmouthing the investors... yikes!

Bay's got a huge ego with the balls to match it.

EDIT: Rogzilla, that's pretty much it. Producers are most influential when it comes to directors who have major flaws that need shoring up and it's up to the exec producer to bring in the talent to support said directors. That said, Michael Bay is a control freak when it comes to his productions. I think the only guy who had any influence at all is Spielberg but, he's smart enough to just provide the tools Bay needed and leave the creative to Bay.

4. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Hmmm... I wonder if Bay is going to direct part II.

5. turk128

It's Hollywood, burnt bridges can be rebuilt overnight with boatloads of green ;) 

If the audience associates the success of Transformers with Bay then he's gonna be back (unless he doesn't, wanting to get back to trying to change his style, ala The Island).

6. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, the movie was enjoyable but let's not forget, that Hasbro had to push for some some things too such as...TF talking! Can you believe that Hasbro actually had to do that?!

Thank goodness Hasbro did that because I actually enjoyed the TFs talking more than the action sequences which were at times too shaky and blurred.

7. turk128

Don't forget the main writers, who were TF fans themselves. If anything, I think they should be thanked the most for any bot characterizations you see.

8. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, kudos to the writers. Like I mentioned, I enjoyed the TF's characterization more than the action - redeemed the action sequences for me...which at times seems like a "jumbled mess" IMO.