Bayformer Fan Watches Transformers: Robots in Disguise [BLOG]

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by CaptainSlayer, Jan 2, 2018.

1. LynKey

LynKey Well-Known Member

Sorry, but he has the same model as Ped except for the head.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Issy543

Issy543 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Found this video; though it might be interesting:

3. CaptainSlayer

CaptainSlayer "Soundwave just sent out Randal"

Blurred

Well, Blurr is one of my favorite Autobots and I'm happy to see him but the character is absolutely nothing like the one I know and love. I'm sure if I'd been watching Rescue Bots up until this point this appearance would have meant more to me but from a blank first impression he just seems kind of... eh. Hopefully with him sticking around he will grow on me a bit more.

This is another pretty generic episode with a 'escaped con' plot, which, while I was originally a fan of, has grown stale with the constant reuse of models and recolors. These Decepticon, whose name I can't even remember, was pretty boring despite the fact that I enjoy the Sharkticon design. I mean, the dude made a bomb out of packing peanuts...

Besides that, I hate that Sideswipe seemed to be all immature and stupid again. I personally felt like he'd grown a bit since the series started.

And I'm really beginning to wonder why Drift continuously gets his ass kicked. The guy is a bad ass Samurai bot and yet he's constantly punished in this show without getting a hit in.

I thought this was Combiner Force. Where the hell is the 'Combining'?

Maybe it's the mediocrity of yesterday's episode weighing in on my opinion as well, but this is a pretty boring run. I'm very hopeful Season 3 picks up the slack soon.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Issy543

News Credits:
    Having watched said show, I really liked his appearance, even if he looks a little different from Rescue Bots.

It will be like this for a while, plot wise but it will pick up, for sure.

This is why I dislike this Sideswipe; he could pass of as another character. I find it ironic that he was initially jealous of Blurr, just like Strongarm was initially jealous of Windblade.

#JusticeforDrift

Soon...that's all I can say.

This show will take it's time with the combining element, but some episodes later on do become interesting.

Last edited: May 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  5. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    - Blurr’s here to stay for a few episodes so that should shake up the team dynamic a bit.

- Sideswipe has grown from the start, but having Blurr show up here, may have pushed him the wrong way. This plot would make way more sense if you had watched Rescue Bots.

- The first few episodes of the season are boring, but don’t worry, things will begin to pickup very soon. Heatseeker, Motormaster and the remainder of the Stunticons are still lurking around somewhere.

- We did see the team combine into a giant combiner in King of the Hill (Part 2) so that’s also a plot that is going to be addressed.

That’s all I really can say for now, Blurr is a great temporary addition to the team, and as Strongarm said, now we have two Sideswipes to deal with.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:

And that's why you should've watched Rescue Bots before RID. Rescue Bots overlapped with Prime (in a way) and then with RID, both ways.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Issy543

News Credits:
    True, but I watched Rescue Bots after watching RID and still found it enjoyable (although, if I had watched it in the order you suggested, I would have appreciated this episode more).

• Like Like x 1
  8. Shadowwavepool7

Shadowwavepool7 Life's suffering slave

Alright late to the party again but that's okay. So Crustacion as Lynkey stated was a remodel of Ped, but it's been since the first half of season 1 since you saw him so I don't blame you for not remembering. I remember you didn't like him that much anyway. Grimlock and Drift's dynamic in this episode was my favorite part of the episode, and they actually do make a great team of brawn and skill. You'd think that a treasure hunter like him would understand the basic rules treasure hunting like actually reading his map correctly. The camo makes a comeback, so it's nice to see it wasn't just a season two thing.

As for this episode we got Blurr coming from the Rescue Bots....yay? Alright I'll be honest I watched a few episodes of Rescue Bots and it was completely overhyped. I haven't been this bored and uninspired since I watched Animated. What they won't tell you is that Blurr here makes Sideswipe look like Mother friggin Theresa. The moment he came to Earth he turned his tail and tried to let humanity die. If it wasn't for his shipmate humanity would've been extinct. Say what you want about Sideswipe, but he never put the entire planet at risk out of self-preservation. The only thing that redeems him in my eyes is having Max Mittleman voice him.

Onto RageByte, another Sharkticon. You'll get a kick out of who voices him. His name is Chrisopher Swindle, and he still hasn't voiced any Combaticons. You might recognize him doing a few voices in Devastation.

So just a few middle of the road episodes with not much to go with, but if the next episode is the one I think it is then you should at least like it for the character involved.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  9. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    Wrong episode Shadow, Windblade doesn’t make a cameo until Moon Breaker. Also we aren’t telling him about Blurr’s past is because he may end up watching the series and we don’t want to spoil him.

Last edited: May 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Average Core Gundam enjoyer

News Credits:
    This episode is just ok. I'm late quite a bit so here's some random thoughts I have on this episode.

- Blurr from the Rescue Bots cartoon shows up and have a team-up with Bumblebee's team, and he's ok. He's a fine addition to Bee's team and he did change the team dynamic quite a bit, but he isn't all that interesting of a character aside from been the "fast" guy of the team. While I do appreciate that the Rescue Bots team gets more attention, i would prefer someone else like Heatwave to appear instead of Blurr.

- Even for someone that didn't dislike this show as much as the rest of the Transformers fandom, I do agree that the first couple episodes of this "Combiner Force" arc is quite boring and didn't have too much interesting things going on. the show did get better as it went along a bit, and even then I can see where some of the complaints regarding this season is coming from.

- Both of the Decepticons (Crustacion and RagByte) are fine, I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    I'd like to see a RiD fan watches Bayformer movies blog.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Issy543

News Credits:
    That's sounds like a cool idea; RID fans would definitely be surprised at the difference between the show and the film. But I doubt there are many people who would fit the criteria, or would want to do that.

• Like Like x 1
  13. CaptainSlayer

Sphere of Influence

So here we have Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Sphere where the Autobots all turn into Gollum trying to get a hold of this generic looking ball that apparently emits waves of 'kill each other' energy while also containing a map to some 'made up place' that I've been saying I'd hoped was real since the first time Springload showed up and low and behold, it looks like I was right. I really, -really- hope they don't leave Doradus open ended but judging by the sphere being completely ruined and Springload being captured again, it wouldn't surprise me if it was.

I'm not sure who the Skunkticon was at the beginning of the episode but I assumed his teddy bear was his pal when he was packing and not the sphere but I guess I can't get them all right.

This episode was still a little bland and felt more like filler, though I'm willing to admit I'm wrong of a Doradus story-line opens up later in the show. The big plus side was that the cast was massive in this one and successfully included all of the Autobots.

Apart from that, I don't have much else to say except that sphere seemed really fragile the final time it dropped whereas I'm pretty sure it hit the ground before that and held up find. It wasn't the only thing to shatter either, Springloads will to live seemed to break right along side it. :p 

-----

Bee Cool

FINALLY we get some combining in Combiner Force.

Wildbreak is a cool looking Decepticon and the relationship between him and Dragstrip seems to be a homage to older cartoons. His intelligence seems a little off to make him seem dumb but then he ends up breaking Dragstrip out of the ice with a single knock and even manages to immobilize the Autobots with a really cool sonic power making me think that there's much more to him than meets the eye.

The side story of Bumblebee trying to be cool is a little cringy and meh but I guess that's really the point of it all. It looks like this may have been Blurr's last episode and I think it was a nice one to go out on. The car chase scene was awesome and something I wish we could see a little more because I feel like the vehicle modes aren't used as much for action as they could/should be.

I don't recall and piece of Transformers fiction where combiners fuse together by crashing into each other but this seems to be the Stunticons preferred method and I'll accept it just because Dragstrip and Wildbreak fused together made for an awesome con with an awesome hammer.

I'm a little confused on how they managed to get away right at the end of the episode but if it means Menasor is getting closer to appearing then I'm fine with it.

The Autobots did manage to recover the weapons so I guess this means Bumblebee got his Decepticon Hunter back?

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Issy543

News Credits:
    Cool! Two episodes!

Sphere of Influence:

I’ve never watched Lord of the Rings, but at least I was able to sample that story in this show.

There’s a lot more filler episodes to come.

Poor Doradus; I wonder what the treasure would have contained (a life time supply of Energon)?

Bee Cool:

Shows knowledge does not equal to power.

I agree; Bumblebee should act more maturely, and him trying to act cool seemed...odd, and his story can be summarised by this picture:
    [​IMG]

The crash might be a way to save animation time for the bots combining...or the animators thought it looked cool.

They got away because the floor Bumblebee was on collapsed, and he must have...um...been unconscious long enough for them to escape?

I don’t think he has his weapon back yet...

Next episode will continue on from what Bee cool started, although the story told is somewhat predictable.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  15. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Average Core Gundam enjoyer

News Credits:
    Alright, Springload now returns for one more episode, with his obsession with Doradus been as strong as ever. Springload is still as quirky as he did in previous episodes that he appears in, and it's quite hilarious to see how the Sphere of Influence affects all of the Autobots personality in a weird way. Other than that, there's nothing much else going on with this episode.

Bee Cool as a episode is a weird one for me. Bumblebee's attempt of been "awesome" is a bit cringeworthy and stupid at times, to the point of it makes me want to sigh because of how cringy it can be at times. Wildbreak and Dragstrip is quite cool however, and the way they combines to form a "Powerlink" style combiner by crashing into each other is unique. The fight between the Autobots and the Wildbreak-Dragstrip combiner is a bit over the top, consider that it takes the destruction of an entire car park to finish the fight.

Also it's "Combiner Force", not "Combiner Wars". :p  Bumblebee didn't get his Decepticon Hunter device back, however.

• Like Like x 2
  16. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    Alright let’s begin with Sphere of Influence!

- Springload is back for this episode and we learn that Doradus may indeed be a real place!

- Optimus Prime returns to give us the necessary exposition. I’m surprised he didn’t comment on seeing Blurr with the team but I’m alright with him not reacting to it, maybe it’s becahse we didn’t see the full conversation with him.

- Zorillor had a nice weapon and he is another Alchemor Skunkticon. If you remember way back in Season 1, we had those other Stunticons lead by Malador.

- I’ll admit it was fun to see the Autobots just attacking and name-calling one another. Drift calling Grimlock an overgrown iguana and Bumblebee calling Drift a bounty hunter made me laugh. Also Fixit’s reason being science was just icing on the cake.

—————————

Now onto Bee Cool!

- We got to visit another one of Windblade’s caches, but no Windblade. She is still off with Optimus Prime’s team.

- We got to meet two new Stunticons, Dragstrip and Wildbreak! They are two of my favourite Decepticons in the show. More importantly is that they combined into Dragbreak for an epic battle with the Bee Team.

- This is Blurr’s final episode with the team, but it was nice having a Rescue Bot with the team for a few episodes. He did name drop Heatwave, who is the leader of the Rescue Bots.

- So now you have met 4 out of 5 Stunticons, that means there’s only one more to meet.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Perhaps the writers thought the term "Idiot Ball" was literal?
    Idiot Ball - TV Tropes

• Like Like x 2
  18. CaptainSlayer

Wow, I really made that mistake again....

I thought Fixit said there was a Decepticon Hunter located in that cache and the Autobots ended up recovering the weapons at the end of the episode?

I just wanted to quote you to say that I really love your signature.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Issy543

News Credits:
    Nope. You'll see the stolen Deception Hunters much later in the season.

20. Arvegtor

Arvegtor Aerialbot

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It's even funnier when you know that nothing ever combines in the actual "Combiner Wars" cartoon.

I like this series in general, but feel like it contains 2 of the worst Transformers episodes ever (well, Combiner Wars can maybe claim this prize, but I'm trying not to judge it too much) - "Buzz on Windblade" and "Sphere of Influence". And what adds pain to it is the fact that they wasted Blurr's brief inclusion on such empty episode.

By the way, if you would want to see more of this series after finishing season 3, you still have the rest of shorts from season 1 (you've only seen the mini-cons 6-parter, right?) and the "Transformers: Portal" web series, which is perfectly connected to some time period of this show (even if it doesn't look like that at first).

• Like Like x 1