Bayformer Fan Watches Transformers: Prime [BLOG]

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by CaptainSlayer, Jul 5, 2017.

1. CaptainSlayer

CaptainSlayer "Soundwave just sent out Randal"

[​IMG]

Spoiler Disclaimer

This thread -will- contain major spoilers for Transformers: Prime.
    Please don't discuss spoilers of episodes that haven't been covered yet!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

/-Table of contents-/

Hello everyone and thanks for checking out my post!

When I joined TFW2005 in 2014 my only experience with the Transformers franchise was the Bayformer Films. However, over the years I've ran a series of blogs covering my thoughts on different Transformers TV shows which has opened up an entire new world of fiction and entertainment for me.

Recently, Transformers: The Last Knight left a particularly sour taste in my mouth and after rewatching a good bit of the previous four series I've covered, I've decided I want to try something new.

That's where we stand now. I've just ordered all three seasons of Transformers: Prime off of Amazon and will be creating my first blog post on the show Monday, July 10th!

For those of you who aren't familiar with the format, each week day I'll watch a new episode of the series and write my thoughts out in a new post. Everyone is encouraged to chime in and offer their own thoughts - agree, disagree, anything!

All I ask is that you please refrain from spoilers from episodes I haven't seen yet. In most cases, a friendly forum goer will catch these spoiler posts and shoot me a message asking me to stay away from the replies until it's been cleaned up but there have been mistakes in the past that usually take the experience down for me.

I have never seen anything from Transformers: Prime outside of a poster at wal-mart. I've heard praise and ridicule about the show and I'm very excited to dive in and form my own opinion with all of you by my side.

Thanks for reading! :) 

(Note: For ease of browsing, this blog will have each entry as it's own post with a link to the post/episode in the season table of contents. This should help prevent the wall of text my previous entries have.)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 15
  2. CaptainSlayer

3. CaptainSlayer

4. CaptainSlayer

5. FoolishDoomedCreature

FoolishDoomedCreature gottagofast

It never ends!

• Like Like x 8
  6. CaptainSlayer

It's become an addiction. What can I say? :p 

I enjoy experiencing these new worlds with all of you. It's much better than going it alone!

• Like Like x 3
  7. RADimus prime

RADimus prime not so well known member just known

I've been waiting for this since you started your blogs. I am very excited. I hope you enjoy!!!!

• Like Like x 3
  8. Shadowwavepool7

Shadowwavepool7 Life's suffering slave

This is without a doubt the blog I've been looking forward to the most. Can't wait to see your thoughts.

• Like Like x 2
  9. CaptainSlayer

Thank you both. :)  I'm glad you're excited to join me on this adventure.

I swore off doing any more blogs but here we are just over a year later and I've got that unscratchable itch! I even outright denied doing Prime - but well, times change. I'm very ready!

10. RADimus prime

RADimus prime not so well known member just known

I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Inferno

Inferno Kidult TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just like Michael Bay! Hahaha, I've lurked your previous blogs (I think I commented once or twice), and it's great to see you back. Hopefully you like Prime, it's a very divisive show but given its similarities to the movies, you might like it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    I wish you luck with this and hope you enjoy the series.

I saw all of it, but it just didn't connect with me as Beast Wars/Machines and Animated had.

• Like Like x 2
  13. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    @CaptainSlayer Hey, make sure you have an entry for Predacons Rising. It's the movie that concludes the show.

• Like Like x 2
  14. CaptainSlayer

Hey, hey, hey! That's not true at all! I'm not getting paid for any of this! :p 

Thank you Jet! Who knows how it will go, I've got high hopes. I'm very ready to experience something new.

Will do, thank you Sean! I'll probably pin it near the bottom of Season 3. I saw that blu-ray as well but assumed it was a compilation of episodes, I had no idea it was a movie. I'll need to get it ordered as well!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Banned

well rewatching it with you is as good a reason to rewatch Prime as I can think of!

I just rewatched Darkness Rising like a movie this week, actually, so I'll hop on once you get to "Masters and Students". I've only really been a lurker but I've enjoyed your other blogs pretty thoroughly.

my advice to you is to take all 5 parts of Darkness Rising to the face like a movie if you have the time. It's an hour and 50 minutes and it paces really well that way. They even released it on DVD in movie format.

Hope you enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  16. CaptainSlayer

Happy to have you on board. :) 

I'll consider it. The wife plans on watching Prime with me all the way through. She watched a good bit of Beast Machines and Animated with me but now we work in the same plant with the same hours so she'll be along. I'm not sure we will want to tank all 5 parts in one sitting after work. Plus, you said you've enjoyed the other blogs so you might know my memory isn't the best. I might watch it all at once and then forget some details I wanted to cover while writing it up.

Back in the G1 blog, I had a chaotic writing style where I live blogged. But then I moved to using a notebook to jot down certain notes to help me remember what I wanted to talk about and then actually writing out a piece - which seemed to be more popular and easier to read even though some members preferred the old way.

So if we do take it all at once, I'll for sure need to grab my old notebook. :p 

• Like Like x 3
  17. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

No spoilers either.

18. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I'm really glad to see you doing another blog. While I personally found Prime to be an extremely frustrating show, I actually hope you do enjoy it, since it's similar to the movies in many ways. With you being so disappointed by the latest movie, I'd be glad for you if this was able to make up for that. Maybe that's an extra reason to watch Darkness Rising in one sitting. Then again, tiredness after work and general forgetfulness is a pretty bad combination, so maybe you shouldn't. Either way, I look forwards to reading your reactions.

• Like Like x 2
  19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I can't say for sure I'll follow this blog as close as your others, but I'm gonna try.

• Like Like x 1
  20. CaptainSlayer

Thanks soundwave. :) 

I'm happy to be doing another one. Exhaustion was a very bad combination with the others. I think the G1 blog took me around 2 years to finish? Then I ran through the others almost non-stop. It was kind of bitter sweet. I'll probably take breaks here and there to keep myself sane and enjoying the content.

My memory has actually improved in the last year. I explained the reason it was so poor in another thread a while ago and though I'm sure it'd be easy to find, I'd rather leave it out of this one :p  But the effects have helped greatly but it's getting better all the time! I'll be sure to consider watching the full 5 parter in one go. Maybe the blu-ray will have it in the movie format.

Hey Split!

That's fine brother. Always happy to see you drop by, it doesn't matter how often!

• Like Like x 3