Bay Talks Transformers 4 - Previous Robot Cast Redesigned, New Robots & Quitting

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Apr 26, 2013.

1. CrockAlley

CrockAlley Gween donkey! Mine!

I don't understand what he means about setting the franchise up for the next director and putting it on solid feet. He's worried that a territorial director is going to come in and change things, so he's being territorial himself and staying on? How will this prevent his fears from happening? How does "Bay directs Part 4" equal "new director not messing it up"?

I don't fully get that.

2. DarkSkyfire

DarkSkyfire Well-Known Member

This and this. And whether you like or hate Bay, you gotta admit the guy has a monstrous ego.

3. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    I'm honestly not sure where I fit. I don't find any of my friend's jokes of that type funny. But in certain(and I do mean certain) kinds of movies or TV shows, I find them entertaining. Not necessarily 'funny'... I'm not sure I can explain it.

Eh, it just made the movies a lot more 'real' to me. A situation like that isn't gonna be super cereal all the time. In the contexts, I think most of them work. Especially the twins' shit.

4. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I think you do get it, exactly right.

It's what psychologists call projection, where individuals project their flaws onto others. Bay is concerned about 'territorial directors'. Well he'd know all about that, being one himself. Bay is 'worried' another director will 'f*ck up the franchise' not if he does it first.

5. j.a.f.o.

j.a.f.o. Just Browsing/Not Buying

I've finally come to accept and enjoy this franchise for what it is: A sci-fi action series LOOSELY based on the popular kids' toyline and cartoon from the 1980s.

It's not worth pulling my hair out over shit that I have zero input or control over.

6. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    I don't get why people type 'f*ck' when clearly they mean 'fuck'.

As for TF4, I'm excited to see the supposed redesigns.

7. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

My biggest problem is that I do not feel he is trying to make a good movie. He might have been with the first one, but he's definitely doing nothing but trying to make money with the sequels.

8. battlefudge

battlefudge Still in the biz...

Cudos to Bay for wanting to stick with it. I suspect it has more to do with the half a billion dollar price tag on the franchise than his love for the transformers though.
    I look forward to the re-designs. I also think some more new characters would be cool.

9. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I'm just really hoping for two things.

1. Designs that do not look like twisted metal. I feel confident that this will happen because I strongly believe Hasbro took over the designing of these bots. You know, Hasbro using this as a commercial to sell toys and all that jazz.

and

2. This film has an actual story. I am confident about this because MB is just coming off of Pain and Gain which is definately not a CGI movie (although I'm sure it will be full of SPLOTIONS) so he finally got a refresher on what a story feels and looks like.

All in all, although I am not a fan of the original three I am going in with an open mind that Habso has fixed a lot. TBCH as long as the bots look awesome I'm in.

10. HuffR_WFCTX_91135

HuffR_WFCTX_91135 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope not, I love the movie aesthetic.

11. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hopefully the redesigns for Optimus Prime does not look crappy.

12. PrimePower04

PrimePower04 I got the touch!

I'm nervous about the Optimus redesign. I also don't think it's necessary.

13. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

I am surprised someone here hasn't said that Bay has raped their childhood yet lol. I really don't care about the movies but I am glad that they have helped this franchise. How many members here became fans or rejoined the franchise because of the movie?

14. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:

... whatever gave you that idea. Bay didn't listen to them before, and if anything he has more freedom to do it however he wants now.

15. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Totally agree with you,the current Movie Prime look all right to me,it really need not be redesign.

16. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I am. In my country only about 20 -30 people knew about the Transformers Franchise before Bay era. Now... whoa... Everybody knows the franchise.

I wanted to know about Transformers, so few years back I googled "What is the best Transformers website?". And the result was TFW2005... so I joined. And well, it's been an awesome ride from that point.

I'll always respect Bay for that. That's why I never say a word against him. I go watch his every movie just to show my gratitude.

17. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for not fucking it up for the kids Michael Bay :thumb 

18. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But Bay's dick and weed jokes are a travesty? :peoples: 

19. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    This is wild speculation / guessing on my part, but considering the 'new direction' and redesigns mentioned, as well as this snippet floating around earlier - "However, a group of powerful, ingenious businessman and scientists attempt to learn from past Transformer incursions and push the boundaries of technology beyond what they can control – all while an ancient, powerful Transformer menace sets Earth in his crosshairs."

Somehow I get the feeling they're going down the Powermasters/Headmasters route?

I know it's probably some fan-made fiction or gossip. But just supposing that snippet has some credence, the part about businessmen and scientists, pushing boundaries, and technology they can't control, it's quite possible that humans may try to integrate with the robots in some way.

Either that, or some evil baddie gets the technology to create Transformers on his own, and builds his own army for world domination. Very common plotline.

But God Ginrai vs Unicron? Hmmm.

20. BooyakaDragon

BooyakaDragon I Don't Even Know

News Credits:
    He definitely cares, but everything he said is the opposite of what most Transformers want in the next movie XD