Bay Talks Transformers 4 - Previous Robot Cast Redesigned, New Robots & Quitting

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Apr 26, 2013.

1. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Internet Soldier

News Credits:
    I believe they did that in the third film, with the 2 Primes talking in some African looking area.
    Oh yeah, that Beast Wars, and Animated sure did suck, yeah.... totes.

Transformers was still around without the movies, and you don't need a big blockbuster franchise to enjoy a hobby.

2. BlackscreamX

BlackscreamX Member

Hey Guys, Let's be a little more realistic when it comes to the Michael Bay Era of the Transformers History ....... He did not f*ck up the transformers brand one bit ... Look at how many different versions of transformers that we have gotten different continuities we have gotten .... Like come on now get your heads out of your a$%es and just take a better look at how he refreshed the transformers brand to old fans and how he created a [email protected] of new fans ..... So f&cking what it's not truely based on g1? So effing what the new charachter designs are not like g1? Well here is a rude awakening ladies and gentlemen if he wanted it to be g1 then he could have made it g1 based but just like every other continuity of tf's he brought something new to the picture ..... I happen to like the bay movies a lot and i know countless other peoople that would agree with me about them .... If we didnt have the Bay movies then I'm sorry we wouldnt have Transformers Prime ..... And most def we wouldnt have WFC or FOC .... Transformers would have been a still dying brand .... Cause if you look at sales of tf's from prior to the bay movies to the bay movies ... well the numbers show that he brought life back to the fandom, so ladies and gentlemen who are b!$chin and moaning "oh he screwed up the franchise" think again and think about where transformers would be if we didnt have Michael Bay come into the picture ..... Thank you and have a good day!!!!!

3. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I prefer to hear this in a more formal way...... Other than that,there are some points I agree with you here. People are upset mainly because of some aspects they didn't like such as the unnecessary comedy and character development on some characters and the haters tend to use it as a reference how bad the movies are.

EDIT: Let people have their opinions even if your words are correct.

4. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, the irony - you're doing the exact same thing

5. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    The fact that he used the term "haters" make me want to slap him in the face. Outside of that the new designs will be interesting. Also when he says he "loves the franchise/Transformers", I'm pretty sure he is referring to his franchise and his Transformers.

6. yummehcheese

yummehcheese Well-Known Member

Michael has a potty mouth....
    Don't get me wrong, his films are good for a laugh. But thats really it for me.
    I'm glad the brand gets more exposure and attention through the Bay films, but I still stand by the fact that a different director would've made a world of difference.

7. BigMetalUnit

BigMetalUnit Banned

Ebay:
    i agree. im not crazy about Bay but i dont hate him either. the character choices could be better for the movies , but they arent deal breakers. i go to movies to be entertained, not to go and critique them, i am not a movie critic. and for the most part i enjoy most of bays movies..are they perfect? no...but there is not a movie that exists that is...

8. The Diggs

The Diggs Mad Scientist

Ebay:
    ^ This is the most sincere/believable comment I've heard in this entire thread. I'm with you, buddy.

Interesting stuff after just reading the third part of that Gizmodo article, which clearly states Hasbro's difficulty curve for toy design was thrown off by the Movie style.

More interesting still to see how they'll make the Movie 4 toys more 'intuitive' while still matching that style (if it remains the same). Hmmm.....

9. BigMetalUnit

BigMetalUnit Banned

Ebay:
    and on that note i have better things to do than cry over things that have no real effect on my life........my nipples are made of bacon!

10. Jakest123

Jakest123 Well-Known Member

People may think he's fucking Transformers up, but his heart's in the right place. You can clearly see he's trying to make a good movie rather than saying 'let's fuck this shit up.'

11. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just an observation: if the bayformers movies would have appealed to the fans the same way that the Avengers did then we wouldn't be be this polarized and split into two camps on the movies like this. Who knows, we might have actually liked eachother.

12. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    I've been wondering this for years... what's so terrible about the jokes? I utterly enjoyed them, and happen to love Skids & Mudflap.

13. JLBarnett

JLBarnett Well-Known Member

Some people just don't like them. I have never heard a joke related to sex or genitalia that I've found funny.

I think there's two kinds of people in the world. Those who consider those type jokes the definition of funny and those that consider them the opposite of it.

14. Air Commander

Air Commander Seeker

I'll make people mad with this comment, but it needs to be said. Before I start my rant I do appreciate the money it has brought to the franchise; however when you take no regard to the characters of a franchise you do not deserve to direct. Instead we got the worst versions of these characters in any form. We got the depressed couch potato megatron, who died twice and was as weak as they come. We got an Optimus prime who's blood lust could not be filled. We got a Starscream, who was only Starscream in name, lacked any character and was loyal!!! The transformers received no dialogue, and the decepticons who are 50% of every television show or franchise were reduced to spitting Neanderthals, whose only purpose was to serve as cannon fodder! Michael bay has no right to act like anyone else would f up the franchise, his script for the fourth one literally includes dumping screws, bolts, a maxim issue, and a camera into a drying machine and setting it on spin.

15. Burnout

Burnout Rogue Mercenary

If ya loved that just wait till the bastardization of ninja turtles. Look Bay doesn okay when he's not given a Franchise....but he he turns everything into crude humor and useless tna. i mean c'mon megan fox is SUPPOSED to be april oo'neal? are they turning april into freak tatted druggie stripper?

They're fine if you're making a parody Like scarey movie or something) or crude comedy (the babysitter, the Pest) or the likes....but Transformers just doesnt seem like the sorta franchise where that makes a whole lotta sense. Its just Bay being bay, thinking that sorta 3rd grade humor is really all that funny.

16. Underwear

Underwear Banned

News Credits:
    Gotta give credit to when it's due, without the Bay movies it wouldn't have brought in new fans & also old ones back into the fold, thus rejuvenating the franchise.

If I'm not mistaken TFW mod NIBMratchet was one of those new converts who became a fan & the rest is history... :D 

17. BigMetalUnit

BigMetalUnit Banned

Ebay:
    last i checked bay wasnt the writer he is the director..

18. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    wishful thinking.

When I read what he actually said, I'm not so hopeful:

... remember the original movie design for Opimus? The one that barely looked like him at all? Bay listened to the 'historians' on that one. Optimus got the 'ears'. Sounds like this time around no one is speaking up.

Transformers isn't some beloved franchise that's been around for 3 decades. Transformers is whatever Bay says it is.

19. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    It will always amuse me to see the lovers rag on the haters and completely failing to realize that they are every bit as obnoxious. :lol 

On topic: Eh. As long as it makes money so I can get more toys. I'm over my disappointment that he's back for more. It is what it is and he's not going away for the foreseeable future. Good for those who do like his efforts. I'll be giving it a wide berth in the meantime, learned my lesson from the first three.

20. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Considering how little respect I have for a good portion of this fandom, I highly doubt it.