Bay talks TLK and Synopsis of the movie.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by tonyformer, Feb 4, 2017.

1. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    https://www.google.com/amp/indianex...leased-by-filmmaker-michael-bay-4507959/lite/

The Last Knight shatters the core myths of the Transformers franchise, and redefines what it means to be a hero. Humans and Transformers are at war, Optimus Prime is gone. The key to saving our future lies buried in the secrets of the past, in the hidden history of Transformers on Earth. Saving our world falls upon the shoulders of an unlikely alliance: Cade Yeager (Mark Wahlberg); Bumblebee; an English Lord (Sir Anthony Hopkins); and an Oxford Professor (Laura Haddock).

There comes a moment in everyone’s life when we are called upon to make a difference.

In Transformers: The Last Knight, the hunted will become heroes. Heroes will become villains. Only one world will survive theirs, or ours.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    To quote the theme song.
    Decepticons already are getting the shit end of the stick in the synopsis the same way AoE utterly snubbed any chance they had of being a stand alone threat on the level of the first film. Humans have become the ultimate mary sues.

3. tonyformer

News Credits:
    Where do you get that from? It say humans at war with Transformers not just Decepticons. And with these events happening on Earth, did you really think the Cons would always be the main threat to the Autobots? If transformers were real and came to earth, this is exactly what would happen.

We humans would fight and hunt ALL Transformers regardless of being "good" or "bad" Transformers. It's in our nature to destroy what we fear.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

I find your reaction funny because the synopsis literally says nothing about the threat level of either Decepticons, humans, or other factions. All it says is that humans and Transformers are at war. It does not say who is actually winning the war or who the greatest threat in the war is. Nor does it say that Autobots and Decepticons are not fighting each other.

Also, you realize that humans are stubborn and will challenge any living thing they come across? Do you really think there would be no Transformers fighting humans with billions of us in thousands of factions and cultures and hundreds of countries?

Also, you do realize the first film had the humans capturing Bumblebee and killing Blackout and Sam killing Megatron, so please don't act as if AOE somehow came in and bulldozed everything in the movies.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I was going to write a response but then I realized that would jut cause more trouble than it's worth, because apparently NEST never happened and the US betraying the shit out of its own recognized allied people through ignorance and hypocrisy is completely OK in these films.

6. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    Who said it was ok?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

Additionally, Attinger being a hypocrite was kind of the point. He claimed he wanted to protect human lives, but he had no trouble when Galvatron actually tries to harm human lives. He also gave Lockdown the okay to do whatever it was he needed to do to recapture Prime.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    I'm a little be let down with "Only one world survives, theirs or ours" 'Cause you know which one it will be :L

9. tonyformer

News Credits:
    I see what you mean but NEST did happen and while NEST was a multi governmental program, NEST was not full proof. And while NEST was created to work WITH the Autobots to hunt down Decepticons. It was designed to be done in secret lol. We all know how that would turn out right? You just can not hide giant killer death robot battles ;) 

So NEST not being a great and full proof program was shut down. In its shadow, Cemetery Wind popes up "to do the same job without the Autobots". But we see that was all a ploy and just a power grab and based on greed by humans wanting money in exchange for power.

Now we have once again an evolved form of Cemetery Wind in TRF that has gone back to the method of NEST in being multi-national so they can hunt ALL TFs all over the word, keeping to the "we don't need you anymore" mentality that was being thrown around since Galloway in ROTF. So it's all tied together and shows how HUMANS are evolving and TRANSFORMING throughout all of this. Just like OP said in the first movie, with him comparing humans to his kind. Young and still much to learn. Just like the TFs, we will keep evolving and growing into something more. And we see that with each new movie.

• Like Like x 3
  10. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm not too sure about that since Bay constantly brings up that this movie is going to be a big game changer. Even though it's unlikely, I think Earth might be the one that gets destroyed. Let's break apart and analyze the scenario of Cybertron surviving.

So Earth ends up destroyed as the broken Cybertron merges with the planet, using the Earth to make itself whole again and resulting in it becoming a technoraganic planet. Countless humans are lost in the merge but humanity survives with the help of the Autobots. Now suddenly the once hunted Transformers are no longer the hunted as the humans see their way of life is gone. Humanity's future is uncertain as the tables have now turned, now they're the strangers on an alien world. All their resources is gone and the Transformers they once hunted are now the ones with the resources and weaponry.

Now having the upper hand, the Cybertronians find themselves divided. Do they seek revenge and hunt down and kill the remaining humans, or do they show them mercy and prevent the extinction of humans? The Hunted become heroes, the heroes become villains.

EDIT: I just realized I described essentially a "Planet of the Apes" plot.

• Like Like x 5
  11. SimbaTron

SimbaTron Transformers & Gundam

News Credits:
    I really doubt they are going to kill off Cybertron to be honest because they just brought it back but I also think that Cybertron and earth will still survive at the end of the film but part of earth will be destroyed but Humanity will still live on.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Oh, you mean that theme song of the TV show this isn't based on?

Remember that one series that had entirely new factions at war with Autobots and Decepticons appearing almost entirely as comatose lumps? Oh yeah, that was Beast Wars, the show widely regarded as one of the best TF shows ever. Or what about the ever popular IDW fiction where the war is over, and neither faction is actively attempting to wipe out the other for a change?

Hmmm, it's almost as if that theme song was written for one specific iteration of the brand and doesn't necessarily apply to anything past it.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, that happens all the time in real life, so its very believable.

• Like Like x 1
  14. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

You know, I actually really like this idea. With Cybertron's tendrils already connecting with Earth, I don't see how they can destroy Cybertron without doing alot of damage to the Earth. Even if they have another space bridge to transport Cybertron away, with those tendrils attached to Earth, how do you do that without damaging Earth?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It's possible we could have an Autobots vs humans or Autobots vs Autobots sort of thing going on.

The Decepticons have become movie jobbers so as soon as they show up with some world ending plan they are as good as dead. After getting killed off movie after movie it's really hard to think they could be a real threat to more than the token Autobot that has to die each film.

Plus the hero vs hero thing is kind of the rage right now so both Marvel/Disney and Warner Brothers/DC had hero vs hero in their biggest films last year. Everyone wants an endless franchise but the studios haven't really stepped up with the sort of villains that can be a problem for more than one film. Even Marvel/Disney has been coming up short on costumed villainy that isn't Loki or Thanos.

• Like Like x 2
  16. vatarian

vatarian Archentrope, Black Needle, Suzerain of Metabolisms

And that's precisely what irks what me about the movies, aside from the poor handlin of characters and inconsistent writin.

Humans should NOT be able to stand as a threat to Transformers in any organized degree. Someone said it earlier; "humans have become the ultimate Mary Sue". This idea that we could advance enough in a single decade to be eradicatin seasoned warriors of a war-like species centuries if not millenia beyond us technologically... It's stupid. It's pandering to the notion of our own supremacy. Anthrocentrism at its finest.

And what's more, it's not handled well at that. Transformers are consistently dumbed down in the movies (other iterations are guilty of this too, but not as much) just so the military can score a cool kill or the latest annoying scruffy-jawed lead can suspend all disbelief and solo-kill a 25' thousand year old warrior made of metal and armed with weapons capable of gutting tanks.

• Like Like x 1
  17. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    There's the fact to consider that humans have been able to reverse engineered Cybertronian tech to at least take down a Cybertron hard if not kill them. Also if I have to be honest making Transformers be impervious to any sort of human weaponry is just as idiotic because then you'd be making Cybertronians the "mary sus" instead. There should be a middle ground where Cybertronian's aren't invincible to human weaponry but they are very tough to take down.

• Like Like x 2
  18. vatarian

vatarian Archentrope, Black Needle, Suzerain of Metabolisms

And that's essentially what I want.

19. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It's why I like movies like the first Independence Day movie better. Aliens show up, aliens kick our butt, the might of the human weapons just aren't enough, so it takes out smarting the aliens and sacrifice almost at the end of the movie to figure out how humans can save their planet.

Or a film like Aliens where a handful of Marines are vastly outnumbered by a nest of biological killing machines. Guns blazing isn't enough to win the day and the tone feels like no one is really safe or that the good guys are going to survive this one.

When a handful of Decepticons show up and human weapons can take them down it's well boring. A vastly outnumbered and out gun bad guy just isn't as exciting as when it's the good guys at the huge disadvantage. It's like if 80's wrestling had decided the big Wrestlemania match should be Hulk Hogan and Macho Man vs The Brooklyn Brawler.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Cth

Cth Cthulhu

News Credits:
    People have wondered why there's a young girl character included this time around..

If I had to guess, this is Bay's take on the 1986 film. Prime dies, a new Prime rises.

After this film, the next one will jump ahead to avoid having to deal with the immediate consequences of Earth and Cybertron merging. Her character will age and we'll either get a recast or she'll have grown into the role, serving as the older Spike we got in the 1986 film.

Basically, Bay's last film, then we get a time jump where Cybertronians and humans have reversed roles of hunter/hunted..

Heh, in a way, it's kind of like Beast Machines too :D  Turn the series on its head, change the power structure, jump ahead in media res, etc..

• Like Like x 1