Bay taking a jab at knockoffs?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Slimshadow457, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Slimshadow457

Slimshadow457 Well-Known Member

When we came out of the movie with my friend, he mentioned that he sorta felt the movie was a subliminal commentary on how knockoffs are bad. I mean, you got the Shanghai factory for Stanley Tucci's character, and China's usually associated with knockoffs, but also, the Vehicons don't look or work as good as the Cybertronians.

I don't know, it's definitely worth thinking about, my friend brought up an interesting point.

2. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It was pretty much a main theme in the movie how the man made transformer knockoffs are inferior to the real Transformers. And Bumblebee hates cheap knockoffs.

3. Blazere

Blazere :)

News Credits:
    And Galvatron is almost like those Sonokong things that were misinterpreted, a knockoff at first but official in the end.

4. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    He also took a jab at remakes and reboots with that old-timer cinema projector.

Not sure if AOE was Bay being self-depreciating or not.

5. moylan55

moylan55 Well-Known Member

I don't agree with the premise let's remember Bee getting pummeled by Stinger before Prime and dinos came to his rescue. The "cheap knockoffs" would have murdered all the "true cybertronians" if not for the legendary warrior intervention

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I don't like knockoffs either....so I'm cool with that being an actual plot element.