bay seems to not have learns lessons from ROTF, but it there are more positives

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by megatron6661, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know alot of people have said how much ROTF sucked. But I found out right after I've seen it.

I went to see it with my sister and brother-in-law, my nephew, my niece and her husband. After the movie, they bitched about how bad the movie was.

Today my sister and my niece have said they will not see TF3. My brother-in-law and nephew will because of The Wreckers. My neice's husband, I don't know.

2. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Do you mind giving me a reason why I'm wrong instead of just saying I am? I think I make a valid point.

3. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The new characters, especially the little girl Bonnie and her toys were a lot more appealing then Skids, Mudflap and Wheelie. And the best part, none of those characters had to use toilet, immature humor to draw the audience in. Too bad Bay doesn't get that.You should have seen all the adults in the theater that were laughing and enjoying the movie. \

All 3 Toy Story films I can watch over and over. I saw ROTF once and haven't seen it since. And the amazing thing about the Toy Story trilogy is how each one was able to be better than the previous one. Genius work by Disney/Pixar.

4. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Megan Fox might have had a better chance of being the next big thing back in 2007 if she could at least act a bit better and didn't keep appearing in poor Movies.

There was a lot of hype about her back in 2007/2008 and there's plenty of people who still fancy her - but she's never been a major deal to me due to the uninteresting lack of a real personality.

As to the question of growing Collector apathy - with me it's a combination of living in the UK so not being able to actually get anything very much in stores 60% of the year and that i've had over 25 faulty Transformers toys since 2006 that's putting me off.

You just get the idea that Hasbro don't give a fig when they repaint the same Motorcycle toy in different colors several times and every single one of them has the wheels on wrong. So The brake discs and brake callipers are not on the same sides like they should be.

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Fun is different for each person though. What I might find to be a fun movie might not be any fun at all for someone else. Doesn't make one person right or one person wrong but just different levels of enjoyment for different people.

In a way though different tastes are actually good for Transformers if we didn't all like different things then Hasbro wouldn't have to offer up a variety of choices. They could just say keep cranking out movie toys and nothing else.

But because tastes differ they can try new things like Power Core and Stealth Force. Yes every fan isn't going to like it but the goal isn't to have every people who likes Transformers to like it but enough people to like it to make it profitable.

Really I just never let what other fans think get in the way of what I like and what I don't like from Transformers. If I had to wait until every fan was happy then there wouldn't be anything at all.

6. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

Man this Toy Story 3 love is kind of sickening. It was a decent movie that was basically a rehash of the first 2 movies and offered very little that was new. The humor pales in comparison to the first two and there is almost no character growth whatsoever until it's all rammed in there in the last 5 minutes with emotionally manipulative moments that would make Spielberg proud.

This is a thread about ROTF and TF3, not Toy Story.

7. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Megan Fox probably should have seen the Pyramids trip as Research - but that thing is huge I think you'd have to be pretty jaded to not be impressed by the Great Pyramid of Giza.

Perhaps she just woke up on the wrong side of bed.

8. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Maybe she is one of those crazy people who think aliens built it.

9. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

Um...

Er, uh...

Close, but not exactly.

One of the previous posters (maybe the OP, I'm not sure) expressed concern that the high number of robot characters we've seen so far in TF3 doesn't bode well for the movie because too many characters is among the things that hurt - critically speaking - ROTF. I responded that having a plethora of characters can work well in a movie instead of making it feel crowded and overdone, and presented TS3 as an example. In TS3 all of the characters, even the minor ones, are well contained (which is very different from having "well-developed roles", which I didn't posit anyway), thus, they connected with the audience, contributed to the story and helped it move forward. None of the characters in ROTF, even the human ones, were well contained. Understand?

Good.

Now, how about we all share these cookies I bought at Panera? :drool: 

10. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

Sure. See my post, right above this one.

11. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

Why do you hate cute, lovable, adorable toys? Have you no heart!:( 

:p 

12. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

No, the toys stole it :( 

13. KingStyle

KingStyle Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really could care less about whos in what. All I want to see is some sweet transformations into a robot which results in a big ass fight.

The entire Tformer universe doesnt make much sense sometimes, so lets just enjoy quasi-realistic style transformers.

14. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    i remmber that in the comics and novel adaptation whic hare base d on early scripts of course fallen promsied to meagtron that he would turn megs itno a prime, maybe thats why he follwos fallen orders i nteh films (horever this promsie is not mentioned o nteh movie)