bay seems to not have learns lessons from ROTF, but it there are more positives

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by megatron6661, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Vladakris

Vladakris Predacon

See I didnt go into ROFT, looking for ground breaking stories. It was an action movie with giant robots. The crude humor was extremely stupid, and for the most part degrading to anyone, it made you feel uncomfortable, or dirty watching such stupid scenes. Other than that It was fine, booom, explosions, robots, death. I dont go into an action movie for the story, the same as I dont buy a shooting game for the story. If I want a story Id buy and RPG which I love, or watch a more dramatized action movie ex Unleashed which is still in my opinion the best movie, with the most interesting story. As for a Live Action Transformers movie thats limited to around 2 hours, id rather just have breath taking action, and leave the story to the cartoon series and comics, because it has more room to expand of 100's of episodes. While movies are well movies.

2. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Well-Known Member

Even when Michael Bay does something cool like that, people have to complain..

3. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think it's a matter of perspective.

One of the guys at work is always saying how the year is flying by, I always say the year is just dragging on forever. The year still has the same days, hours, and minutes for each of us but the perception of how that time is flowing is very different.

It's only a theory but I think if you asked people about the characters they liked they would underestimate how long those characters were in the movie while if you asked them about the characters they don't like they would overestimate how long those characters where in the film.

4. MetroBub

MetroBub 49ers Fan

Hmmm Blowing me up. or the quote below.... I dont care how annoying some one is.

Tell u what Opticron Primal, Come here ill try and blow u up and see just how HAPPY u are ..........

5. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    You're an actor in a Michael Bay movie. She should expect to be working in dangerous conditions having to do with big stunts, explosions, etc.

6. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Also, there's that whole signing a contract that clearly states what is expected of you. Unless of course she didn't read it.

7. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

There's nothing wrong with having a lot of characters, per se. The key is how they're contained. Look at Toy Story 3. There were talking toys everywhere, half of them introduced with this installment, yet it didn't seem crowded at all. That's because each of them had a well-defined part in moving the story forward, it all fit together and flowed well. In ROTF, the story was all over the place thus the number of characters served as one of the things that overcrowded the movie.

8. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

The Twins contributed absolutely nothing to the main plot. NO-THING. And while Wheelie did, his part inflated the story and contributed to the sense of overcrowding. He could have been cut, and the means to finding Jetfire (another character that contributed to the overcrowding) could have been applied to Simmons and/or BB.

9. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Some of the characters introduced in Toy Story 3 can be considered just as useless as anyone said to be useless in RotF. While there were characters who added to the story, such as Ken, Chuckles and Big Baby, a bunch of others like Stretch, Chunk, Twitch, etc could have been cut from the movie completely and nothing would have been different.

And to prevent anyone from putting words in my mouth I though Toy Story 3 was brilliant, so me pointing that out doesn't mean I hate it.

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Yes well Pixar has built it's empire on story and character.

It's kind of funny though that no matter how many successful films Pixar has the rest of Hollywood can't seem to pick up on story and character can still sell movie tickets. Even when it's sequels where they could have just phoned it in or depended on 3D for more money Pixar still sets out to make some the best written films of the year.

11. MetroBub

MetroBub 49ers Fan

So what does it mean when u got people who used to back u up saying stuff... People are acting like Bay is "go fin d" and Fox is nothing but a loser.. But i bet back in 07 you also thought Fox was hot sh!t......

Anyone can say this actor stinks or that actress, But until i see anyone who knocks stars in a MOVIE doing better.... Your just on the sidelines being a cry baby.... imo.....

12. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    Please, just after watching Rosie on the set in Chicargo, looks like she knows what she's doing more than Fox.

13. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

How do you know whoever is the next non-Bay director will do a better job?

And what's a give in?

14. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

Meh. Just call hyperbole.

Trust me when I tell you this, after five minutes folks watching TF3 won't even care that Fox was in TF1 & 2.

Um, I don't remember the character names, but if you're referring to Lotsa Huggin's guards and the little girls stash of toys, then you're wrong.

Why do you hate toys? :p 

Go behind the scenes at Pixar and you'll find many people - especially directors and producers - who are well-grounded, level-headed observers of and participants in regular, traditional life. Through their movies, they bring to life their own experiences. That's why the end result has so much heart and connects with the audience.

15. Vladakris

Vladakris Predacon

Wow, really. Im sorry but whats wrong with just going into a movie and enjoying yourself. If its bad have a couple laughs, if its good enjoy it. People try to hard now days to be critics. Which is fine, because good art is born through criticism, but analyzing everything and going to the extreme just seems pointless. Its entertainment. Ill admit the twins were absolutely annoying, so what they had maybe 10 minutes of screen time all together at the most, If I dont like a character I simply use the time there on screen to do something else.

I understand some movies are complete utter crap, like air bender, but im not going to rant about it for days, whats done is done. It wasnt enjoyable, but it wasnt a very big name to get a movie cast in the first place. While on the other hand Transformers is. Just enjoy the entertainment, stop being a so set on being a full on critic, take a fresh breath and have some fun.

Transformers is something I grew up with sense Beast Wars, but im not going to go rabid over things I dont like, I will just simply move on, and hope for the best next time. No reason for rudeness or bad blood. Things happen.

Ive never seen a Character design or an aesthetic for Transformers I didnt like. Its great to see a change every now and then, Character designs are just designs as long as Optimus remains a symbol of good, and Megatron is pure evil, Im not to picky about there designs, let new artists create new things, let them have fun.

I love Transformers toys, the've been great fun. It seems they've lost there fun recently though. Every time hasbro/takara tries something new there's an outburst of complaining, whining hating ect. Besides the movie (which is honestly getting kinda stale), and Animated (R.I.P I loved your uniqueness) It seems like how everyone is so set on how things should be that hasbro is probably afraid to try anything new. The toys recently have had no fun in them that I have purchased besides my Animated purchases. This "Generations" line is so boring to me, it feels like Ive already had all of these toys before. I just wish people would let the creative teams let there imagination go wild, im sure Has/Tak will keep them in line but a little freshness never hurts.

Transformers Prime has caught my eye and it looks really great and somewhat fresh, but ive heard no toys.......and thats a big disappointment, I really enjoy having these characters in plastic form, it just adds to the fun and enjoyment of the series for me.

16. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The whole Toy Story Trilogy will be better than the Transformers trilogy. All 3 movies are brilliant classics. I need to see 3 again. Movie of the year.

17. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Why are we comparing Transformers with Toy Story and Michael Bay with Pixar?

18. 643cade

643cade Well-Known Member

That's what I've been wondering... How in the world are they even comparable?

19. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    They're saying that Pixar has people working there that aren't just providing entertainment like Bay, they're purposelly trying to create a beautiful, perfect movie that everyone will like and relate to. Armound White doesn't count.

In terms of characters, one person said that all the new Toy Story characters from 3 had a well-developed role in the story. Another responded by saying that a lot of the characters really didn't do much, and could've been cut without much difference - just like so many characters other than Prime, Bumblebee, Megatron, Starscream, Wheelie, Jetfire, and the Twins.

I agree with the latter. The only new characters who made an impact on the plot were Lotso, Chuckles, Big Baby, Barbie, and Ken. All the others were really cannon fodder, I'm sad to say. But they did have personalities with them, I'm happy to say.

And Sideswipe80, if I haven't been able to prove this whole summer, I completely agree with you. The Toy Story films are the best trilogy in history. Nothing else has got anything on these movies.

20. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

"Blah blah blah! ROTF suxxors! Michael Bay splosions! Boo!" would have sufficed.