bay seems to not have learns lessons from ROTF, but it there are more positives

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by megatron6661, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

So you are saying if a company pushes the new product they are selling instead of the old products they are no longer selling that they haven't replaced the old product.

Things get replaced all the time. I really liked my old Toyota but that doesn't mean they didn't replace the car on the market place with better more advanced cars.

2. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I guess some people would prefer evolution and revision to reinvention.

3. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

It would be true if not for the presence of a line like Generations or the re-issues, Masterpieces, etc.

And using New Coke and Classic Coke as an example is just ridiculous.

New Coke replaced Coke and then they replaced that by bringing back Coke as Classic Coke. That's not a good example of your point.

4. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Pretty much this^ I actually liked them and I do think they should be less envolved with TF3 but still its nice to see them back.

5. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    I would read the rest of that sentence again. I said, "But seriously." I was joking. The girl's like stick-thin.

6. Ash from Carolina

Even Classics though was a replacement. Yes it's got some really nice nods to those G1 toys and they even managed a great cartoon look for some of the figures but they still weren't the G1 toys. Toy making evolved so Hasbro figured some fans might like the replacements for the old toys.

Honestly I don't see why fans are so upset about the replacement idea. It gives Hasbro the chance to sell more toys and it gives fans the chance to replace the toys that might be showing their age compared to everything else. For some characters it's even the chance to replace characters that weren't that good to being with like having movie Wheelie instead of G1 Wheelie.

7. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I don't think you understand what replacement means.

8. Ash from Carolina

It's one of the limitations about the English language that words can have very broad means. For me replacement means that there is G1 and then Beast Wars replaces G1, Beast Machines then replaces Beast Wars, the cycle of replacements continues until we have Transformers Prime to look forward to.

At some point things have to be retired so a new batch can have a chance.

9. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Again, which would be true if it weren't for the fact that neither of the things you've listed have been "replaced." They're still around.

10. Ash from Carolina

So nothing is replaced as long as there is a copy somewhere or a tribute to the original is made somewhere. Guess we need to change the statement then about the automobile replacing the horse and buggy.

11. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

Getting rid of Megan fox was micheal bay's biggest mistake.

Megan fox is extremly beautiful & has a very UNIQUE look to her.

micheal bay & shia most likely wanted megan fox to go because she was becomming way too popular in the TF live action movies.

12. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    No actually she compared Bay with Hitler. That's why. When you mess with your boss, they'll probably fire your ass.

13. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

And she acted like a diva on set.

14. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Bay made Ms Fox cut her feet to ribbons on Broken glass in 2007 and didn't care he nearly blew her up twice in 2009 and didn't care she had a right to be annoyed with him.

Especially if the rumours of him trying to sexually creep on her too are true, even a supposed supporter of Bay like Michael Clark Duncan has been known to be harsh regarding him ,ore recently when he used to be his main cheerleader.
    I'd just mention that a great many actors who have worked with Bay WON'T work with him twice and those that do are those who can't really be to choosy like Ben Affleck.

I'd be interested to know what Will Smith thinks of him mind as he worked with him Twice.

I think Bay is a Superannuated adolescent and that's about it for him really.

15. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Someone obviously didnt read about the obnoxious, ungreatful stuff she did on set. She treated staff like shit, she complained about everything, such as why Bay would take the cast and crew out sightseeing, called the dude hitler, etc. Bay put her career on the map. She spat in his face. She got herself fired.

16. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    "why Bay would take the cast and crew out sightseeing,"

Didn't she want to go or something ?

Or was she pissed that non-stars were included - what's the argument in this case ?

17. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Arrgh, another pointless debate on ROTF. Why did I click on this thread?

18. Cth

Cth Cthulhu

News Credits:
    Someone actually did the math, and that's factually wrong.

Which got someone to count up Optimus, etc:

Transformation count:

19. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Well apparently back when that crew member leaked what Fox was like on set, on of the moments listed was when they were filming in Egypt I believe. Bay treated the cast and crew to a tour of the pyramids but Fox kept complaining to others about how boring it was and how terrible the trip was.

20. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

My gosh, why does everyone who hates the Twins act like they were front and center and the main focus of the movie taking up hours of screen time?

They were background characters people! There are only a few scenes where what they are doing/saying is the main point. Most of their lines/humor is in the background as the scene/shot moves along.

They have about 5-10 seconds in Shanghai where they are featured, about 2 lines when Sam asks about reading, the fight in Petra and the Devastator fight. All told, they are somewhat prominent for probably all of 2 minutes (That's about 1.3% of the movie, the other 98.7% they're either a minor presence or not there at all).

And if you guys can't stop bitching about it, there are fanedits that deal with many of these "issues," and if those aren't good enough for you, do something about it and make your own.