bay seems to not have learns lessons from ROTF, but it there are more positives

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by megatron6661, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

It's one thing to express disappointment towards the film, it's another to express said disappointment with made up facts.

I don't like the film either, but I'm not going to make up stuff in order to find fault with it.

Three movies and you still take the guy's word for stone written truth?

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I don't think Bay learns from his Mistakes as Nickolodean does as well.

He Promises more charecter development and less comedy and what do we get Jolt and his 15 seconds of fame and Wheelie the leg humper. This is Bay's Transformers and he has so much authority that he gets what he wants except for an aircraft carrier transformer back in TF1. Bay doesn't excell in thinking Like James Cameron or Chris Nolan really only excells in explosions when it comes to film making. :bay  <- See what i mean. :p 

i think the Problem is we expect him to change and have high expectations that's why ROTF sucked and dissapointed. I'm going into TF3 without any expectations. The Lower the expectations the better people will enjoy Bay's Films.

I miss the time back between TF1 and ROTF when Everybody loved Bay for making TF1 awesome.

3. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    After half a dozen posts this thread made my head hurt so I just skipped to the end. So if I'm not exactly on the topic my apologies.

Personally I was all ready to hate the Twins and Wheelie and Jetfire but when I finally saw the film I was more 'Ehhh' than anything. They didn't put strong feelings in me either way although I did quite enjoy Wheelie and Jetfire and kinda wanted more of them in the film, leg-humping aside.

Jar Jar Binks never bothered me either. Dunno if that makes me racist for not actually be horrified by them or the Twins like some were. Though to be honest I was more interested in Jar Jar because of him being CGI than his actual character.
    But I don't see the Twins as being in any way like Jar Jar.

Maybe I'm just too tired to care about such stuff in movies these days. Bay could probably make Optimus a Mexican frog in TF3 and I'd just go 'Okay' and do no more than poke a little gentle fun at the concept and let others here go batshit crazy over it.

4. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Yes the Last Airbender was a crock of shit, but I don't see how that means this entire summer had a load of bad movies. Iron Man 2, Toy Story 3, Despicable Me, Inception and the upcoming Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, which I'm hearing very good things about, already completely negate that.

As for the whole "God forbid fans are disappointed with something" shtick. It's getting just as old as the "Well it's my opinion deal with it" excuse. If you state why you don't like it as complete and total fact, you come off as elitist and douchey. That's what it comes down to: The fandom stating opinion as fact as to why they don't like the movie.

5. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Oh gee look. A topic disguised as something relevant to TF3 to further complain about ROTF.

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

On that same coin though people say oh it's the writers strike yet in the summer of 2009 we got a fairly good Star Trek, the really great Up, District 9 on a small budget, and Inglourious Basterds which was good enough to get Best Supporting Actor for the villain. Saying the writers strike is to blame for everything wrong in 2009 just seems like a cop out.

As to opinions well in the end that's kind of what ends up mattering the most on the individual level. I could come up with all sorts of elegant and logical reasons why Beast Wars should be on a list of best cartoons but if a fan doesn't like Beast Wars then there isn't much I can say to make them like it. Sort of like Robot Heroes didn't sell enough to continue but that doesn't mean I dislike my figures because there wasn't enough popular support behind them.

7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same Experience. Toilet humor or not, people found them funny, entertaining, and that's what they paid for. I think the notion that because one (or even a few) people find something annoying, that this is automatically an indication that everyone must.

8. baggzey23

baggzey23 psn - baggzey23

News Credits:
    1:yeah strange that optimus never came to life in the original film and nobody gave a crap about it but in rotf he comes back at the end and eeryone bitches that he was gone too long
    2:incase you havn't noticed this isn't off any universe this is its own universe meaning bay can do whatever the hell he wants and its legit
    3:i for one loved the twins (how are they racist? they just talk street slang whoever called them racist is predujist oh and spelling error lol)
    4: your opinion doesn't matter and won't change anything (harsh but true)

9. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Well-Known Member

Wait a minute, Skids and Mudflap were BLACK STEREOTYPES?!

Godamnit, that Michael *@!@*!~! Bay..

10. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Welcome to TFW2005.

11. Hotwire

Hotwire Pro-Customizer

Here's a quote from Mark Millar. Many of you know him as the guy who created wanted and Kick-Ass. He was asked about how he felt if a movie made about one of his works were a bad film. He summed it up with this...

"A lot of people ask me 'What if they ruin the movie?". I say the comic is still there--that hasn't changed. And if they make a good movie, even better. It's free money."
    -Mark Millar

Take note of the part I put in bold. If you don't like the movie, you still have the comics, or in the case of Transformers, comics and several TV shows. Go back to the one you like. Constantly posting about how much the last movie sucked, how bad Bay is screwing things up, or how YOU think YOU could make the series better, well, it just gets old.

BTW, Millar is on record as saying he liked Wanted.

12. ysureshot

ysureshot Kremzeeeek!

Ebay:
    No they were stupid stereotypes that resembled stupid, stereotypical blacks.

13. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

Thus far the only positive 2 things I've seen is that red ferrari that i'm hoping transforms into hotrod. then that huge european fire truck that i'm hoping transforms into either Rodimus Prime or a CR/Rid styled Optimus Prime.

Nelson said the fire truck might not be a he or she. my guess it might be a drone that combines with someone like the PCC combiners or energon leader sized optimus prime.

I'm getting a bit worried with all the high profile popular actors & actresses appearing in the TF3 movie. usually movies with dozens of high profiled actors/actresses result in screen time getting wasted on brief cameo appearances.

14. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Exactly. Remakes/adaptions are just that. They aren't "replacements".

15. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I wouldn't count on the red car being Hot Rod. Remember, we've got a silver Sideswipe, black Ironhide, and icky green Ratchet.

16. MetroBub

MetroBub 49ers Fan

I would read that first sent. again.. He meant cut the fat but cutting out Megan Fox.... He wasnt calling her fat..........

Also isnt it funny how people can sit here and say hey if we take this out and take this out and take this out....... And give the robots more screen time... But the thing is.... Your doing this from your computer, Saying its gonna rain tomorrow and MAKING it rain tomorrow arent the same thing.... You can say you wanna fix this or fix that. In the end you fix something some other fan is gonna cry because of some OTHER reason.........

You can make some people happy, all of the time, or all of the people happy some of the time, but you can't make all the people happy, all the time.

17. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I don't know it seems like it's not for a lack of Hasbro trying to make replacements.

Yes Hasbro is not going to anyone's house to replace the Marvel comic books with IDW movie comic books, G1 DVDs with copies of Revenge of the Fallen, or taking your Classics Bumblebee and putting a movie Bumblebee in it's place.

But look at how long it took to get a deluxe sized Classics Jazz or any other character who had a movie figure that had been given a G1 repaint.

They can't erase the past but that doesn't mean they can't try and bury the past and put something else in it's place. Just because you have retained a past product doesn't mean that product hasn't been replaced. I could have a stock pile of New Coke but that doesn't mean that Coke Classic did not replace New Coke because Classic Coke is what the Coke-a-Cola company is making and pushing.

Just look at how press releases or statements from Hasbro are movie this and movie that. That's where Hasbro wants to push it's products so they hope that movie Prime, Bumblebee, Megatron, or Starscream will be a replacement for the old stuff they aren't pushing.

18. MetroBub

MetroBub 49ers Fan

Why would you push something you aint selling anymore....

You dont see car commercials for old Mustangs or camaros.......

People dont want the old stuff, they want the new stuff.......

Just like cell phones, people rush out to get the latest...

19. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

What you just said is a very misinformed and just completely wrong series of statements.

20. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    My only concern for any Live Action Movie be they the Bay ones or anything made in the decades to come is that anything they add to the franchise is a positive addition to the franchise and not an excessive mass of contradictions layed on pre existing confusions.

So for that reason the way the Live Action Movies handled The Matrix or The Allspark are a concern in case they leach further into future franchises which they'd otherwise not feature in. The Allspark featuring in Transformers Animated is an example of this.

At the moment it's not a huge concern but I'd be lying if I'd say it was not something I think might concern me in the future if more Movie elements dilute G1 aspects in favour of Movie specific ones.

But that said it's Hasbro calling Cassette Characters Mini-cons and Deployers that is what has really got my goat up most recently and much more so that 'The Allspark' or on the fly mode scanning ever has.