bay seems to not have learns lessons from ROTF, but it there are more positives

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by megatron6661, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Well-Known Member

totally agree. and i think people love using the "R Card", as i like to call it, way to much these days! plus from what i read it was the voice actors of the twins who wanted to take theyre personality in that direction, wasnt all Bay.

2. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Really it comes down to a notion fans won't let go of: "I want it to be the way I want it."

I want this character to act like this. I want this character to be in it more. I want these characters killed because they're annoying. I want all this to happen.

Bottom line is this isn't YOUR movie. Besides people think the movies are the scum of the TF universe. Guess what? It brought in a sh*t load of money, Hasbro's profit is always increasing, the general audience is eating it up and transformers is back in the public eye and has been for 3 and a half years now. There are Cameros all over the place for crying out loud. If this was done in the style of Watchmen, where it's done to make EVERY single fan happy to the point of explosion, I doubt that'd be the case.

3. Cyber Star

To me every TF series was different and had its own style/ideas. i look at Bayformers like a different version, & you shouldnt hold/compare G1 or any of the other versions of TF so closely to it or against it

4. MetroBub

MetroBub 49ers Fan

Well its gonna have to happen, Because for one every fan had theyre own way they would like to see the movie..... And heres a secret.... IT AINT gonna happen.

Buck up, Sit at the theater buy your pop corn and soda and enjoy 2/2.5 hours of BAYS vision.......... Im a huge Metroplex fan you dont see my crying because he hasnt been in any of the movies.... Its fun to be a fan. But when you really think about it... Crying on a board and actually making a movie... When it comes down to it your gonna see how hard what Bay does is.....

5. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

like I said they were not racist in my eyes, they just annoyed the hell out of me, they were jar jar binks in transformers form. Like how south park highlight their annoying characters, the Jackovasaurus now imagine seeing them for a movie, that is 2 and half hours long that puts it into perspective why many hate them and they are hated has every week passes by.

Your opinion if you like them I respect that, but from my point of view who wants transformers really brought too life has a long time fan of the franchise, not just look wise but movie quality wise, guys like the twins and wheelie are part of the mess of bays transformers. We have seen where it goes wrong when directors target kids, movies become even worse.

look when batman is in the hands of a real proper director we get a gritty creative team, with a fresh new take on batman, instead of targeting kids target the hardcore fans of the series, these fans still buy the products. Movie directors have at times no idea that older fans also collect these toys and they do it even more

6. Cyber Star

random thought but If this series is rebooted some day i think people will be bitchin about the new director as much as those same people are bitchin bout michael bay. no director is gonna get it perfect like everyone wants it to be

7. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I posted this in the other thread too, but I feel justified repeating it.

Oh, and I hate the constant comparison to Jar Jar Binks, who isn't nearly as terrible as fanboys make him out to be.

His purpose and demeanor is no different than that of C-3P0 in the original trilogy, who was basically a stereotype of a primp and proper Brit. The only reason people latch their anger on to these characters is because the presence of something that destroys their super serious preconceptions of what the film should have been provides an easy target.

8. MetroBub

MetroBub 49ers Fan

People who took racism from that movie are just trying to steer up trouble imo <--- Did i say Meatron661 ?

You on the other hand said they annoyed the audience as in EVERYONE. Not they annoyed some or those who found them annoying or something like that.

9. MetroBub

MetroBub 49ers Fan

Thats the best sentence ive read in THIS thread so far.

10. MetroBub

MetroBub 49ers Fan

Couldnt agree more about comparing Jar jar to either the brothers or wheelie.

11. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Transformers fans are nothing if not consistent when it comes to complaining about the franchise they supposedly love.

12. Hotwire

Hotwire Pro-Customizer

Paraphrased your post. I'm really getting sick of people posting the ways that Bay could have made the last two movies better, and how he should be making this one. If you guys really know how to do it better, go to Hollywood and do it. Otherwise, quit bitching.

13. 643cade

643cade Well-Known Member

QFT.

14. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

no its guys like us who pay too fund the BS movie's we expect better from a series that could have been awesome, if that is the case you saying its fine that we got star wars prequels that were a disgrace, batman and robin x men 3, you saying any idiot who is in hollywood despite how bad of a job he is doig the list is endless, because we are not in hollywood, we have no right too highlight the flaws of these terrible movie's.

You saying oh stop bitching, so we have no right to be totally pissed off goerge lucas ruins his legacy with the prequels, he made original star wars why should we question, even though he never directed all 3 of the origonal star wars movies so that shows how awful he really is has a director that sometimes he needs to be given tips, no this is wrong that is wrong. look at kick ass not even made funded by hollywood or produced by them, and that beats the hell hollywood have produced, who now are so out of idea's they are remaking movies too make a quick buck.

this is the same bay who is part of the team who has remade the abysmel nightmare on elm street, the average friday 13th, with its only saving grace was jason voorhees himself.

15. MetroBub

MetroBub 49ers Fan

The problem is. Every fan has a way they think could fix either of those movies...

16. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Why aren't you listed as Executive Producer?

17. MetroBub

MetroBub 49ers Fan

Kinda like why do we need 2 threads about wheelie NOT/Being in the movie.

18. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    If you're complaining about "funding" the movies by going to see them or buying the toys - there's a stunningly easy and obvious solution to that.
    Seriously. If it bugs you this much, don't go see it. Spend your money on something you do want, and hope for a better director (in your eyes) next time round.
    And to be honest, I pity whoever takes over from Bay; they are never going to please everyone, and the people they don't please will never forgive them.

19. MetroBub

MetroBub 49ers Fan

^Agreed^

20. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

So what you're saying is that the twins and Wheelie were comic relief for ROFL?
    Since they were pretty much the stars of the film, and were the Autobots most present through out the film; wouldn't that make Transformers II a comedy as a whole?