Bay says he does not care who does not like Tramsformers AOE.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by tonyformer, Jun 29, 2014.

1. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. vatarian

vatarian Hive Princess

Y'know, as much as a lot of the stuff Bay does, specifically in these movies, pisses me off, I kinda root for the guy in some ways.
    :lol 

3. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed. And its funny too. We all hav things about his movies that we woul like to see done better or differently. And that's a natural thing I guess. But the real haters and critics that hate on him just to hate, are really the ones that are keeping him motivated to prove them wrong lol. So you would think that if people as a whole wanted Bay to give it up, they would stop feeing the man all this hate that motivates him lol.

4. ChibiGingi

ChibiGingi Calm Your Circuits, Red!

Wait, how is this news? We kind of already knew he didn't care what critics or haters think of him or his films?

5. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    $100 million buys a lot of earmuffs.

6. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

7. ChibiGingi

ChibiGingi Calm Your Circuits, Red!

Michael Bay, he's hard to love, but even harder to hate. Oh well, guess if I was sitting on top of a $300 million dollar success, I'd be casting off middle fingers to the naysayers too. Not even going to lie.

8. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    The thing is, I like Michael Bay films, The Rock made Sean Connery cool again, Armageddon is fantastically cheesy. Pretty much the only Michael Bay film I actually disliked was Pearl Harbor, but then he followed it up with the outrageous Bad Boys 2!

Why that film isn't out on Blu Ray yet is a crime. Someone get Mike Lowrey on the case!

9. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I don't see why Hasbro doesn't fire him like Warner Bros did to Charlie Sheen

10. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    For a start Hasbro can't fire him because since they granted the license to Paramount/Dreamworks they are the ones making the films.

And why would they fire him when he's making them an absolute fuck ton of money?

11. canonball

canonball Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is what people seem to forget or not even realize. A $100 million opening weekend = the formula is working. Success in this arena is not measured by how well the integrity of the property is kept intact; it's measured in dollars and cents, and by that metric, the Bay movies are killing it. And that's all the executives and decision makers care about.

The only way Bay will be removed from the helm is if the movies preform poorly at the box office. But there's no reason to think that's going to happen anytime soon.

12. Omega Riz

Omega Riz Well-Known Member

Michael bay is a total fuck head who just doesn't get it! Yes the movies make huge amount of money, but they would make twice the money if someone else who had half a clue made them. It is only the huge following that transformers has that keeps us coming back in the hope that maybe this time he got it right..... He didn't....... All I can say is that he is lucky the franchise is so strong, god help the ninja turtles........

13. Razor72

Razor72 Mandalore

Thank you Michael Bay, thank you for saving this franchise that was dying a slow death for about ten years. Thanks to these "terrible" movies Transformers will be around for another 20-30 years.

14. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Pretty much this. Look, if the Bay movies keeps HasTak funding Masterpiece and Generations figures, then it's not wholly a bad thing in my book. And some of the movie toys actually aren't too shabby either. :D 

15. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's not as if Michael Bay encouraged a film adaptation of the series, he was just the director attached to the project. I'm sure Hollywood could have found someone else who would have done a much, much better job with the material.

16. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    'Course he doesn't give a shit. He's already got a Billion dollar movie on his resume and a cool $10 Mill simply to crank out more explosions.

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I agree with you 100% ChibiGingi.

18. canonball

canonball Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Exactly! We're not going to get everything we want, but if these movies make it possible for me to keep adding Generations and Masterpieces to my shelves (and the occasional movie figures because some are cool!), then, in the end, I am OK with it. And, by this point, I've learned to live with it. (I know that may sound like Stokholm Syndrome, but... well, I guess that's exactly what it is, haha!)

But if I do want my fill of excellent TF fiction, then I can just grab any of the wonderful More Than Meets the Eye books on my shelf.

19. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But you can't know that since it's purely conjecture. Bay is the director chosen so we will never know. But judging by the lack of billion dollar film franchises based on a toy license, its safe to say we could have done much worse.

20. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    OMG SOMEONE GET DIANE SAWYER TO BREAK INTO NETWORK COVERAGE

If he actually used the reviews to get better, they wouldn't be getting progressively worse. He's a fool and everybody with a brain knows it. He should be nothing more than an effects man in Hollywood (and a damn good one). But a Director has to know how to tell a story, which waived bye-bye to him a looooooooooooooong time ago.