"Bay ruined my childhood!"

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Hook, May 18, 2011.

1. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    It's what they say at the end of Energizer battery commercials.

2. daformer

daformer Earth's Reckoning

News Credits:
    oh lol

3. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

But you are new. Stick with Transformers long enough and I assure you that one day something will come along that just doesn't fit what you've grown to expect. Sort of like if Bumblebee becomes the little robot that isn't worth a darn in a fight or a cocky fast talking robot again it's just not going to fit what you expect because you were used to the qualities of movie Bumblebee instead.

Eventually you also learn how to just let complaints from other people slide instead of getting upset that somehow everyone is whining. My dad complained because Superman Returns wasn't "Truth, Justice, and the American Way". My Grandpa complained because he didn't want a replacement of John Wayne for True Grit. This weekend a friend complained that the Green Lantern costume was CGI instead of a real costume. People just complain so you have to get used to it.

4. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    I don't mind if Bay rapes my childhood............In fact my childhood wasn't Transformers

5. Trypticon 2010

Trypticon 2010 Well-Known Member

It's going to be hilarious in 20 years time when the movieverse fans bang on about how Bayformers is a classic and that the new Transformers series "raped" their childhood! :lol 

Bayformer fans will be the new Geewun fans.

6. MicromanSpyBoy

MicromanSpyBoy Banned

Fuck yeah, you tell 'em Storm Shadow!

The Transformers movies have great action (in the last 30 min or so of a 2.5 hour movie...) and stunning special effects, but let's face it...the acting and the scripts are about as bad as ol' G1. Is that an homage? All these shitty jokes that don't make sense and clusterfuck laser battles where you can barely make out who is who? Seems kinda like G1...

But no, if it were homage, we wouldn't have to see John Turturro in a freakin JOCK STRAP! WTF was that about? Devy testicles? Pot brownies laced with LSD? Dogs humping in a birdhouse? The Willy Wonka midget as Captain Border Guard? Why doesn't any of the humor in this movie make ANY sense? I won't even get started on the Twins... Why is ROTF so fucking horrible? :horse: 

Oh yeah, I forgot, it was directed by a guy who didn't like Transformers for the last 20-something years until Spielberg paid him out the ass to like it. FTJ? How about STFU.

Michael Bay's greatest moment was dropping the dead Optimus on the ground from 30 feet up and just plopping him down like a wrecked car with no epic words. No "Till all are one" or "light our darkest hour" or anything. Made for the fans? Not fucking likely, since he probably pities us for liking something for so long that he secretly thinks is stupid. But when they interview him, it's like "I LOVE Transformers!" :scalper 

I cry when I think of all the directors that liked Transformers in one of it's previous incarnations that would have fought to get the job and make an epic summer action sci-fi that focuses less on the LAME LAME LAME human characters and more on...oh, I don't know, the Transformers? The movie is named after them, Michael, why do I keep seeing Indie Jr. rolling around and screaming?

Ruined my childhood? (like all the tweeny-bopper Michael Bay whores like to accuse us of?) no, Masters of the Universe: The Movie did that when I was 5. Michael Bay can't ruin something he knows nothing about. Just like you can't blame a ****** for shooting someone if you are the one who gave him a gun. Don't let this travesty continue. Only YOU can prevent Transformers 4: The Returning! :throw 

7. Trypticon 2010

Trypticon 2010 Well-Known Member

I love how you complement someone on how they made a good point about fans complaining about everything, then proceed to complain about everything!

This is a new series of TF, designed to appeal to as many people as possible. Hence the rude jokes, the humans, the realism etc. Going by the box office, they seem to have been very sucessful in getting non-TF fans to watch a TF movie.

Just look at TF:TM 1986, that was a complete flop.

Besides, they'll be a new series in the next 5 - 10 years which you can love or hate.

8. MicromanSpyBoy

MicromanSpyBoy Banned

Don't go attacking me, Limey. If you really read what he wrote, it says that everyone complains and to get used to it.

Successful in bringing in non-TF fans? Are you kidding? This movie has been shat upon by anyone who knows decent cinema. Most people who like the movies (like my girlfriend) don't know anything about Transformers and just wanted to see giant robot fights. Well, it has that, so I guess everyone got what they wanted right? I'm sure there's no movies out there that you've ever ranted about or hated, right?

To call the jokes "rude" is an understatement, more like "insulting to most peoples intelligence". I know that in the UK partial male nudity of ugly men has long been a standard (Full Monty, anyone?) but around here it's considered tasteless and has nothing to do with the plot.

The "realism"? Like when the car fell a few hundred feet and no one got a scratch? Or when Devy was sucking up cars but couldn't suck up people? That's just silly.

Everyone's a critic. You don't have to like it.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  9. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Even as a pretty big Bayformers fan, I can't wait for this day. :lol  It'll be so funny.

10. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Quit whining.

11. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    And I will relish every minute of it.

12. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Might aswell close the forums and turn them into a news site. Site any complaining, defending or debate will just be "whining". Just saying.

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Ha ha, yea I can't think of any part of Transformers that doesn't have some form of complaining. Movies, Classics figures, Power Core Combiners, Transformer Prime, 3rd party products, everything has something that didn't totally live up to someones expectations.

14. hound88

hound88 Well-Known Member

dumbass probably missed the forum when they reveal ROTF devastator and fans reaction to how ugly it looked.

15. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ...so what am i supposed to do about it ?

16. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Well the whole 'Bay ruined my childhood' thing is an extreme exaggeration, and unnecessary. Do I think he make two shitty Transformers movies? Yes I do. And it's not because of the character designs.
    But my childhood remains intact, and does my overall perception of Transformers.

17. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

It'll be a sad, sad day when Bayformers is considered a classic. LOL!

18. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    And it will be GLORIOUS. :lol 

19. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    We get it! You don't like Michael Bay, quit trollin' the movie forums.
    And I just watch the movie for the same reason I watch the cartoons: ROBOTS. Quit whining.

20. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

If anything, I disliked Devastator for how weak he was. I actually kinda liked his robot mode. But he never accomplished anything in the movie. He failed at killing the twins.
    All he did was climb a pyramid and knock a few stones off the top, and then got blasted in the face and died.
    Pathetic.

He should have been in the middle of NY City tearing the place apart, not doing nothing in the middle of nowhere.