Bay REALLY needs a new editor

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Deathpool, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Who said Michael Bay wasn't the problem? Everyone always blames Bay for most of the problems in the Transformers movie, Deathpool is taking a different view as we don't want to hear the constant same rant on Bay.

2. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

"He needs a new writer." "He needs a new editor." "The critics have a sinister anti-Bay motive!"

Is anything his fault?

3. TUROK1134

TUROK1134 Banned

According to the internet, everything is his fault. TMNT is his fault too, despite not directing it or writing it.

4. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

(That's why I said the "Movie forum".)

5. salmonman78

salmonman78 That's MR. Magnus to you all...

The only thing production-wise that bugged me were the lens flares. It's like he had JJ Abrams do some touching up to the film.

6. BluRayHiDef

BluRayHiDef Well-Known Member

Movies are a form of escapism for me. So, if I like a movie, I don't mind it being around three hours long; I want to be immersed in that world for as long as tolerably possible.

On another note, I'm in the theater waiting for the film to start. The trailers haven't even started rolling yet, and the theater is really empty. I was expecting a long line, like there was for TDKR.

7. Felixman

Felixman Well-Known Member

It wasn't the length that got to me so much as the jarring transitions between scenes and the dangling, unused plot threads. Occasionally, scenes run too long and several times, it seems like something is cut.

8. JinaSensei

JinaSensei Grind it out!

I gave the movie a shot. The beginning seemed too choppy and dragged on. Mid movie I was thinking "where the heck are the Dinobots?" When they finally show up, they dont speak and just roll around trying to escape the invisible magnet. I will give Bay props for delivering on the explosions. I love when ish gets torn up...and fast cars. I can watch that all day.

9. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Yes.

The 30 pointless minutes of runnning around Lockdown's ship, and the Hong Kong chase sequence were both intensely boring. There's an hour right there!

10. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kind of agree, a lot of bloated and unnecessary scenes/plots.

- Felt that most of Tucci's romance subplot could have been cut.
    - Film could have cut the first 20+ minutes easily and opened with Cade buying the Optimus truck
    - Could have removed all product placement scenes
    - Could have trimmed a huge portion of the café scene
    - A massive amount of running in Lockdown's ship scenes
    - A massive amount of the Hong Kong chase
    - The entire 'magnet machine' scene

Either way - like the cut down 1 hour version of the first hobbit movie (intended to only contain scenes from the book) I will probably end up doing a cut down version of AOE to streamline the movie to probably around 1hr 20m (Given the heavy amount of filler scenes)

11. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When I got home I drank a case of Bud Light whilst in my slinkiest Victoria's Secret lingerie. My wife and I feel asleep listening to Imagine Dragons on our new Beatz pill.

12. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Yep. All of this.

Add to that the pointless (and long) scene of Tucci and Li in front of the elevator with the "hilarious" kung-fu fighting bystander. Plus the scene with the ATM machine went... Where? It didn't really lead to anything, they didn't get found and it didn't give the CIA anything new, it just happened.

The magnet machine is noteworthy. I feel like the main reason it was made was simply to put in the trailers (even more then Magneto's Stadium lift off in DOFP). It looked cool, yes and Slug was just adorable in the scene, but it led to precisely nothing. It was 5-10 minutes of special effects. Nobody was killed, nobody was captured, nobody was even injured, it was just pointless special effects filler. I liked watching it, but in a very action heavy and special effects heavy Act, it was ultimately pointless and just served to put something cool in the trailer.

Oh God I forgot about the Bud Light scene. That was just obnoxious.

13. optimus124

optimus124 PSN ID - OPTIMUS124

Ebay:
    I totally agree. 20-30 minutes needs to be cut. Either fire the editor, or listen to him

14. rodriguez256

rodriguez256 Well-Known Member

I was. I poetry fine with the timing. I didn't check the time until the movie finished. I spent $30 for two tickets, so it was nice to get my money's worth.

15. MelficeCyrum

MelficeCyrum Well-Known Member

The point of the ATM machine scene was Cade testing to see what the government had done in the wake of his daughter almost getting her head popped. He implied that he suspected they'd try to shut him down. And he was right, within moments of trying to use the ATM machine the police are ALL over the location to arrest a guy who was never there, proving his point. That scene was meant to drive home the fact the government was going to ANY length to get him.

The Bud Light scene was a bit grating but I like how Mark acted htere.

16. Starscream Gaga

News Credits:
    We knew what lengths they were going to when we saw the scene of Ratchet getting slaughtered and the entire scene of them arriving at his house. It was unnecessary and in a film that's 3 hours long it just wasn't needed.

I mean, we just had the scene of them showing up with a huge amount of armed men and helicopters and an evil Transformer. We kind of gathered the government was after them.

17. MelficeCyrum

And it also proved the cops were after them as well. Cemetery Wind was just made out to be a CIA Spook team designed to kill robots, and that's it. That scene proved that EVERYONE was out to get them. It adds to the sense of "one man against the world"

18. Starscream Gaga

News Credits:
    Again, we just had the long scene in which people in black suits showed up at their house, threatened to kill them, chased them, sent an evil Transformer after them and even were killed in their desperation to catch them. We didn't need that scene, the point had been made.

19. MelficeCyrum

Fixed it for you. It's your opinion the scene was unnecessary, okay fine. I'm going to disagree with you. We'll agree to disagree then.

20. Starscream Gaga

News Credits:
    You really didn't fix anything. The movie is being panned for being over long and the scene lead to absolutely nowhere; the point that the government was after them had been irrefutably made. The scene was unnecessary.

But "agree to disagree". Sure.