Bay quits transformers..?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Crombiecron, Jun 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Cool, I look forward to seeing that, cheers for the info. :thumb 

2. coxy

coxy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    like Chris Tucker in the Fifth Element?

seriously though, Leon by Luc Besson was a great film.

Peter Jackson for me is perfect for Transformers, very much doubt he would touch the franchise though

3. Veloxiraptor

Veloxiraptor Moé than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Even if you hate Bay, the odds are strong that he will be replaced with someone far worse.

TRANSFORMERS 3: A UWE BOLL FILM

4. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can see why Bay would want to quit the franchise. As he has already demonstrated in previous interviews, it is a life-consuming process to create a film like Transformers. To achieve a film of this magnitude on-budget and on-time is not an easy task.

I think Bay was the perfect director for Transformers. There are people on here who really don’t like him and what he has done, but there are millions of people who love his approach to filming and cinematography and most importantly now love Transformers.

I hate marmite, my wife loves it. It’s a perfect synergy so when we buy a pot, it still gets eaten. Bay makes a film, some won’t like it but many will.

One of the problems he faces is opposition from some very vocal Transformers Fans and ‘Critics’ who, quite honestly, a lot of the time disturb me in their posting manner and responses. The voracity of dislike has settled down since the first movie but it is still there.

Not only that, but the criticism he receives must be very disheartening, given that he dedicates his life to directing the product during the filming process. I have watched G1, more than once, there is nothing spectacular about it and it would certainly not hold weight today. It is a bubble of refuge that shouldn’t be burst for some people, but for those daring enough to move beyond it, the new franchise and vision is brilliant.

I can only think of one director who has matured enough to pull off Transformers from now on and that is JJ Abrams. Back in 2006 at the pinnacle of Lost, I don’t think he would have achieved the quality of film Bay did, but now with the experience of Star Trek behind him, Transformers is all his. I would still like to see Bay on the production team though, possibly as an Executive Producer.

5. IR A IP T 0 IR

IR A IP T 0 IR Member

This is terrible news,if this is true I may aswell say goodbye of the transformers movies and stick with the Bay ones,and for the people wanting Spielberg well if you want another Indiana Jones well be my guest but not me Indy 4 sucked big time,Peter Jackson is awesome but not for this type of movie the only one who could make it work is Ridley Scot or Cameron and maybe JJ Abrahams and Im sure they wont take the job.

Anyway if Bay is gone from the franchise is bad news for the studio look what happened to Xmen,replacing this director will be good if they want to ruin the franchise forever.

Nobody can make action movies like Bay,and if you say but but but the story and all that well go see something else Transformers is all about robots kicking so much ass in every posibble awesome way and the man capable of that is Bay.

We may as well throw Scorcese for posibble director while we at it XD I mean some of the choices made in this topic are incredible dumb.

6. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Ah, but there's hope.

Spielberg is attached to Dreamworks. (which was owned by Paramount at the time the first movie was made, and partially into the filming of the second.)

Dreamworks was just bought out by Disney, which owns Pixar, and Brad Bird works for Pixar.

So, there's a chance it could become a joint venture between Paramount and Disney's Dreamworks for the 3rd film. If that's the case, then Bird might just have a shot at directing the 3rd film. (Chances are slim, next to none, but at least they're there.)

Dreamworks: The redheaded stepchild of the movie industry.

And yes, The Iron Giant was awesome. It was one of the only animated films that could make me cry. Don Bluth was also quite good at pulling that off. An American Tail just about wrecked me.

I'd imagine Bird would be quite good at helming a TF film. I didn't care for The Incredibles, but his direction wasn't the problem. It was just a suckfest film.

7. ganymede2010

ganymede2010 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope it is. One thing is for sure, the haters will be wishing that Bay stayed on the project. I really don't trust this franchise in the hands of anyone else besides Cameron. But he'll never do it.

8. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Well-Known Member

Until Michael Bay himself releases an official statement, i'm calling bullshit on him quitting...

9. Liselotte

Liselotte Revenge is coming... TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    this is all BS! Bay have said on his forum that he will take a year off to direct something new and come back for TF3. Nothing about leaving the franchise. This is all just BS made up by some idiots.

10. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Buy My Stuff

He was annoying in that movie. And yet, that character would translate into a TF movie very well. In a gay autobot kind of way.

11. Turnpike

Turnpike Brawl is my bee-otch

Smells like Grade-A BS, and it better well should be. MB for TF3!

THIS. Well said.

or better yet...
    SIR PAUL W S LORD ANDERSON, THE GREAT.
    (From what I last recall his latest cinematic masterpiece: "Castlevania: Dracula Begins" has been canned.)

12. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    :)  I'd be one happy person if this were true.

13. Riksy Bizzness

Riksy Bizzness Well-Known Member

I liked the film but i dont think i said bay is the right man for the film, because i have never believed that. I do remember saying something along the lines that as much as i didnt like a lot of things in the movie, its still worth watching

unless you can find the quote and prove me wrong

Just found this ....

It wasnt me who said it - it was ''the spacebridge''

14. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    In all honesty, I want this to be true. I don't hate Bay, per say, I'm just saying that maybe it's best for Spielberg to take over.

15. roy_flagg00

roy_flagg00 I want more life....

:music :rock 
    hello cohesive plot and character development!!!! I would trade half the explosions in the movie for one scene with a certain communication officer transforming.

Honestly, I have to disagree. Bay was not the perfect for the franchise. Bay's focus in these movies has been entirely too human-centric. the first movie is focused way too much on sam. I don't think much will be changed for ROTF based on early reviews. I think with a different director, maybe we can get a movie focused soley on transformers, because Bay will never do that.
    -also, his shakey cam and his choices of angles durring the robot scenes are not great at all. they really make it dificult to see and appreciate the transformers.
    -his use of slow motion to often comes off as a lame attempt to bring drama to a situation. you know, the shot where the camera focuses on two people rising from the ground, all while the camera is both rising and circling them.
    -His legendary ineptitude with incorporating humor

anyone ever think that maybe, however unlikely, tf3 could get an unknown director who makes a masterpiece?

16. twichy

twichy Well-Known Member

reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot

17. luca_frontino

luca_frontino Well-Known Member

Agree.

18. roy_flagg00

roy_flagg00 I want more life....

THIS^ please?

19. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    While I don't mind either way, somehow, I think shenanigans is going on. Again.

20. coxy

coxy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    maybe in a few years do a beowulf style movie instead?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.