Bay quits transformers..?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Crombiecron, Jun 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. megapork

megapork Cheese

failure. without explosions the movie series will end up like........................................................................ countless failed movies like xmen origins wolverine and dragonball

2. Liberator Prime

Liberator Prime All are one.

Are you serious???? GOD NOOOOOOO!!!!

RIP, Speed Racer...

3. Liberator Prime

I agree, Bay put butts in seats. I would like Abrams to get his hands on the franchise, though.

4. RzaSharp

RzaSharp Well-Known Member

Thank primus!!!

I so hope this is true....he has completely slaughtered what transformers could be and should be....and NO, im not Geewunning. The list goes on and on about how his ego gets in the way of the source material and vast TF universe to pull things from. Even small changes that he demands/enforces; like not having a proper soundwave or his trademark shots of 90 angles with Super Shaky CAM 3000. I have always perceived him as a self absorbed Prima Donna. IF this is just a ploy....i think it proves he's the spoiled temper tantrum toddler most of us think he is (including critics). I hope someone like the Wachowski Brothers are able to get on this.

5. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Well-Known Member

Yeah. No way would he just walk away from a lucrative franchise after making 2 highly successful movies that have generated hundreds of millions of dollars. This is just like George Lucas; He said after ROTJ that he was done with star wars, but less than 13-15 years later, he did the prequels and now he is back to working on star wars.

6. Crombiecron

Crombiecron Planet Muncher

wachowskis........

ehhhh no! they made one good matrix movie and then two rubbish ones and then they did speed racer, an epileptic seizure waiting to happen..

7. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    oh well atleast steven spielberg might do it.

8. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Yeah, he said that last time, and during the production for the second before saying he was gonna take a 2-year break. Who knows....

It would be interesting if we got a new director, though. Abrams would probably be the only other real choice.

No......fuck no.......

9. Liberator Prime

I'm okay with that. Sorry, but NOT THE WACHOWSKIS. Under them, you'd prolly find out the sparks are human souls. :o_O :

10. Tragesty

Tragesty Well-Known Member

There are other directors who could improve in a wide amount of areas opposed to michael bay, however Michael Bay just seems to be the guy for Transformers. Not sure whether thats because we're already had two films from him, but robot fighting and action just screams for Michael Bay directing. A nw director could bring good changes though. As long as the robots stay similar, otherwise two and three will be completely different.

11. RzaSharp

I can understand you might not like the writing they have done...but they certainly KNOW how to visualize things...they pay attention to Detail and are very Animation oriented in their style...i think they would be perfect for something like this....there are plenty of hungry writers ready to take a chomp at TF.

12. Crombiecron

Crombiecron Planet Muncher

the robots staying similar shouldnt even be a thought in any directors head in my mind. Optimus prime and the way he looks is no different than shia or anyone else human in the movie, the film is transformers so i try to look at the bots as being actors just the same as anyone else

13. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    Bay's next movie = GI Joe 2? :wink: 

14. Liberator Prime

Haha, I wish, Black Sheep.

15. ROTF Sideswipe

ROTF Sideswipe Well-Known Member

Bay has also said he wanted only one year off, too. So, I would not trust a lot of the things he says about this. It might be true, it might not.

16. RzaSharp

Then again....maybe this is part of his misinformation campaign:bay ...........Makes about as much sense as everything else he has EVER directed

17. tehCal

tehCal wherever you are i am not

Wachowski Brothers would be amongst the worst possible choices for director. Bay, despite his shortcomings, was the best choice.

It COULD work with Cameron, or MAYBE Proyas (though his best films are his dark, noirish films like The Crow and Dark City).

I think Bay will stick around for TF3. Too much cash involved.

18. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well if bays quitting, looks like we're getting transformers 3 a year earlier like paramount originally planned. But i doubt cause bay left it means the next director will do a better job, i just hope the next one is a big fan of g1 and makes sure we get some older characters in!

19. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Well-Known Member

I think George Lucas is a good choice for a director.

20. Number1sikko

Number1sikko Autobot

News Credits:
    It's prolly bs. I'm sure he just wants to get away for a little bit and them after a year or so off he'll come back and do a third. Who else could direct robot on robot action like Michael Bay?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.