Bay paving the way for the Beast Wars film series:)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Jimmy88, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Jimmy88

Jimmy88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Primal and Trap would not become the face of the brand, it would be like a spin off of the original even though it would be a sequel, by being a sequel it does not necessarily mean that it will become the face of the TF franchise.....

2. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    People like Beast Wars because of the writing.

The overall concept just isn't as appealing.

I think it's highly unlikely to happen any time soon. They may homage it from time to time, or re-imagine some of the characters. But to translate the Beast Wars show to live action in the same way Transformers was would be difficult to pull off and I don't think it'd be as attractive a prospect to movie studios.

3. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I doubt it wouldn't be attractive. It's a series attached to a billion dollar franchise and it has a concept that wouldn't require hiring expensive actors if they decide to use the same setting as the show.

4. Jetcols

Jetcols Elite Guard

News Credits:
    I could see it as a spin off cartoon from the movieverse, but definitely not a movie.

5. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This

I wouldn't mind seeing a recreated version of Beast Wars with more up to date graphics, I would not want it to have anything to do with Bayformers though.

Not to mention it can't be done live action anyway, there's no human characters whatsoever.

6. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    It was very easy to envision a transformers movie prior to 2007. It had blockbuster written all over it. Very easy idea to communicate to prospective audiences. It's robots, it's fantasy, it's alien invasion, all coming to earth for special effects, explosions, blockbuster. It was so obvious.

Beast Wars isn't as straightforward. You need good writers or it's not going to work.

7. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

A Beast Wars movie would have robots, fantasy, time travel, dinosaurs, alien invasions, Earth, special effects, and explosions.

It's got two up on the vehicle formers with the whole time travel and dinosaurs thing.

And you're giving more credit to Hollywood than they deserve. All they would need to know to greenlight a Beast Wars movie is that it is a Transformers movie, because that means instant money shower.

8. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm sorry but you discredited nothing. The one beast, Ravage, was a homage to his G1 namesake and the protoforms were hardly memorable characters for the general movie going public, whom these movies are marketed towards. Whether we like it or not, Hollywood film franchises become the face of any brand. The fact that fans know more about a character or franchise means very little to soccer moms and 8 year olds.

9. 03Mach1

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And the insect bot hardly counts.

*sorry, editing posts from an iPad is not easy.

10. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

You're ignoring Alice, who for all intents and purposes had an organic alt-mode and is a beast former. Also the Insecticon could have been Waspinator and Reedman could have been Transmutate, granted with some re-writing, but just goes to show how easily adaptable Beast Wars characters are for the live action universe.

And there were just as many hardly memorable vehicle formers. Face it, you'd be hard pressed to find an average kid who can name anyone other than Bumblebee, Optimus Prime, Starscream, and Megatron.

And since you ignored my point, which destroyed yours, I'll restate it. The reality of this debate is that anything can happen. It is entirely possible for Beast Wars to become live-action.

11. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

This would be the best thing to do. From some of the concept images that surfaced a few months ago (Optimus walking around the alien worlds), they could land on a planet inhabited by Transformers "natives" which have animalistic alt. modes. Story-wise, this would reveal to the audience that the Transformers were never exclusive to Cybertron. Kinda like what they did with TF:Cybertron.

If I wanted to see a Beast Wars reboot, I'd rather watch another Beast Wars cartoon (it wouldn't break my heart if they never will make it), but have it follow Transformers Animated. ;) 

Actually, since the Classics aren't necessarily stuck only to G1 characters, I want a Transformers Generations Voyager Rhinox and Transmetal Megatron to get my fix on a Beast Wars "reboot". :D 

12. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    Well that's just the thing. You'd have to explain to them that it's transformers, because they're not going to get it.

No one ever had to explain about Transformers first time around. Everyone knew what it was all about. Robots in disguise, on planet earth. And Transformers doesn't need to do Beast Wars to do dinosaurs. They've had dinosaurs all along.

13. 03Mach1

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You destroyed my point? What exactly do you get for that? And yes, anything is possible. It's possible that TF3 might win an Oscar for best picture. It's possible that someday there will be world peace. Neither of which is possible. Can't you at least try to be logical when you 'destroy' other peoples points? Conjecture smells very similar to bull shit.

14. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I appreciate that you have your own definitions of reality and logic, but please do not apply them to the real world.

15. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    That'd be the best way of doing it. If they can get the films to work as the story moves outside earth, in Cybertron and elsewhere, if audiences can accept that, and sustain interest in the story, then people would be more open to something like Beast Wars.

16. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:

and i thought about a transformers and beast wars cross over.. meaning the autobots meeting the maximals and the Dcons meeting the predacons

17. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

From what I've read, that was what TransTech was going to be. Many G1 characters were going to return.

18. 03Mach1

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sarcasm...that's original. Let me try...

I can tell you are going to have a lengthy and successful run here at 2005.

And OT, enjoy your 'coulda, woulda, shoulda, possibly, maybe, so your telling me there's a 1% of 1% chance of happening' movie. I'll enjoy my reality where that movie doesn't exist.

19. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

It wasn't sarcasm, it was a sincere request.

Also, if you're going to mock someone for using sarcasm, you probably shouldn't have used it yourself in your previous post.

And I don't understand your comment about enjoying your own reality where that movie doesn't exist. It doesn't exist in reality, there is no need to create a reality identical to reality.

20. Jimmy88

Jimmy88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    oh man that would be totally awesome, kinda like with the original Mega but way cooler, yeah if the Maxs and Preds go back in time too late and show up where Prime and the bots are, DUDE SICK!!!!!! Kinda like a totally EPIC Back to the Future thing:)  Dude the possibilities are endless:)