Bay paving the way for the Beast Wars film series:)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Jimmy88, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Eric

Eric Dreadnought of Floof

News Credits:
    Fuck no. Bay did three Transformers movies, that's enough for me.

2. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    I don't think hollywood would finance this movie...spending 100s of millions dollars on a movie that maybe a few people would get...critics will slaughter the movie for that fact robots turn into beasts..they will lose a ton of money...majority of the public will see something that make sense....cgi movie maybe, but live action nah just won't sell....

3. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I love transformers more when they transform into technical things, like cars, jets, more than organic.

4. Matt-o-matic

Matt-o-matic TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Beast Wars was an interesting experiment and resulted in some great characters and storytelling, but really the idea of mechanical beings transforming into organics makes far less sense than them transforming into other mechanical objects. The real success of that era was less to do with the beast modes and more to do with the quality of the series that accompanied the toy line and would have been just as good if it had been decided that they'd go along with the traditional vehicle modes.

5. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This answer ends our regularly scheduled thread. Thanks for reading and good night.

6. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    You know it... =-P

7. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I just would not trust Hollywood with Beast Wars.

Really haven't been happy with how the Bay films have handled the characters I should know so I don't want someone going in and changing the Beast Wars characters. I don't need Primal going "give me your face", Chetor as some mute super warrior, or Waspinator showing up for two minutes just to be permanently killed by one of the Maximals.

I don't need the M. Night thing of hey lets cram an entire season into one movie so we can cover events but then totally miss the point of what made the characters lovable.

Heck even guys that really seem to care can mess up. Spiderman 3 was just horrible and Iron Man 2 just didn't seem as good as the first film. Me and Peter Jackson both love the original King Kong but even with all the fan love he put into it you can still go yea it's got it's share of problems.

Sorry the odds of Hollywood making a perfect Beast Wars movie just aren't good enough to make the attempt.

8. Jimmy88

Jimmy88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah man you kinda see my point:)  yeah now that I think about it hollywood would change in around quite a bit just for the sake of Hollywood, but as said before Bay did the same thing....

9. Jimmy88

Jimmy88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Beast Wars did save transformers:) :) :) , not only because I grew up watching it but aside from G1 Beast Wars was the greatest transformers series I have ever seen, most of my TF collection are made up of every Beast War character that was seen on screen, but aside from BWs toys my collection also consists of G1, Robots in Disguise, Armada, Animated, and the TF films....there was just something about Beast Wars that I just loved:) 

10. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How hypocritical of the movie fans..... You can't even say the movie franchise sucks without the thread turning into a flame war. Now, the thought of a BW type Movie makes them upset and all the BW hate comes out.

Transformer fans= Close minded.... I'm glad none of you work at Hasbro.

11. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Whether you like, love or hate BW is irrelevant. Yes, BW was a finely written series and it allowed the brand to return from the brink of cancellation. But Hasbro has invested hundreds of millions of dollars and thousands of man hours to return mechanical Transformers to the forefront of pop culture. Not a chance in hell they would they deviate from that now.

12. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

Sounds like an idea I had from way back when (including the whole "meeting up with the original Megatron" deal).

For the Transformers themselves, they'd probably be alright by transforming into mechanical animals with some sort of vehicle enhancements (since Transmetals were the most popular of the Beast Wars series).

13. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    The closest I'd want it to come to Beast Wars would be Mojo finally revealing he's been a Maximal in disguise this whole time and then upon seeing Unicron looming ready to eat the planet shouting 'Everyone out of the universe!' in Frank Welker's best Nibbler voice. Then he'd bend over and vanish into his own dog bumhole.

14. Prowl2000

Prowl2000 Keep it sealed

Ebay:
    This is how it will happen.

June 19th: Beast Wars Live Action Movie comes out.
    June 20th: Hasbro files for bankruptcy, sells transform brand to Mattel for 5 bucks.

It will never happen. A good deal of Transformer fans don't like Beast Wars and nobody is nostalgic for the 90's right now.

15. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

That's not true. There is always a chance that the vehicle alt-modes become tired again and they can bring back BW to give the vehicles another break.

Or, hell, Transformers could expand and Beast Wars could co-exist in tandem with the vehicle series.

16. RebelMan

RebelMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    what if they decided to go with the look & style they wanted to for the series that would have immediately followed "Beast Machines" called "Transtech" instead?

17. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

They kind of already have. Transtech had a lot of aesthetic qualities you can find in Bayformers or War for Cybertron.

18. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    i would rather see them in the movie with cars. it would look better.

19. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Not to mention... how can it be live action when there's nothing actually live...
    One of the charms of beast wars was that it was all Transformers... with very few humans.

Live action would just be pointless.

20. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

They don't have to follow the story from the series to the letter. The setting could be in any time period before the Industrial Age and the beast motif would still make sense.