Bay paving the way for the Beast Wars film series:)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Jimmy88, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Jimmy88

Jimmy88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well yes but their ships would crash, they wouldnt neccessarily be bases, there goal is to reach the artic circle, and if they bring it back before Megatron detects it or if they engage Megatron(The Autobots in history would have never crossed paths with Sam and history would be reset) then the Allspark will be brought back and life on Cybertron will be fully restored....but this is of course a very rough idea......

2. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

The problem with this idea is 2 key factors:

(1)first key factor: It's basically just the same as the beastwars cartoon. only with better CGI,more realistic animals & a higher spending movie budget.

Hasbro likes to do completly different twist on older concepts.

(2) There needs to be some sort of human cast relating to the beastwars transformers. having the location set in pre-historic times. means early humans like in beastwars. that really can't think,interact or express themselves in 3-D persona ways.

(3) having any type of beastwars live action/CGI movie even set in modern times 2012 plus. would really work either. a whole cast of animal/bots on both faction sides would be way too many transformers. the whole robots in disguise thing would basically be thrown out the window.

seeing beast/bots fights & move around in cities would be too much of a un-disguise.

it would get kinda over the top silly with hunters & higher state police/army officials taking out riffles. then trying to shoot the beast/bots like forest/jungle animals.

(4) the best & most logical way of having animal/bots in the live action movies. is too have them mixed in with vechicle based transformers in TF3,4 & so forth. they'd be robotic type animal/bots.

having 3 or 4 animal bots on each faction. the animal bots could be transported to the on-going fight scenes using various autobots vechicle alt modes. like jamming in as many animal/bots in optimus's trailer. having a few animal/bots aboard a autobot huge cargo jet.

the decepticon animal/bots could be transported into battle using various decepticons flying alt modes. that have decent cargo space.

3. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I'm also not a fan of re-writting the existing TF live action movie universe. to the point where it never existed.

that would basically mean my TF1,TF2 & TF3 toys & movies don't matter anymore. because there forever removed from history. NO THANKS.

Yeah,sure some hate the micheal bay TF movies. but to forever erase them from history just seems like a cruel fate.

Anyways i'm a firm believer that everything happens in the order it happens for a reason. perhaps the autobot alliance with the humans in the live action Transformers movies changes history for the better.

4. Jimmy88

Jimmy88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hmmm??? Very interesting......it would be cool to see something like that in the current films........I think someone posted something like they wanted the Dinobots in the films but then someone posted "If Bay gives you the Dinobots you will get this" and he posted a picture of one of those huge metal dinosaurs from Monster Jam, hell I would love to see it, thats why I like Scorponok so much in TF1 because it linked to Beast Wars. Have you ever seen the anime Zoids, yeah I get that sort of feeling:) 

5. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

One would get rid of the whole disguise as these are mechanical beasts. We saw animals like Ravage, Scorponok and Insecticon.

Instead of being on Earth maybe something along the lines of Beast Wars Neo collecting energon cache hidden by the ancient Autobots. Jetfire said their ancestor harvested stars.

Insert human here that has the capacity to locate Energon.

6. Chopperface

Chopperface All the Stars Are Closer

News Credits:
    Very interesting idea to tie in, but people probably won't go for it.

I loved Beast Wars, but seeing how they handled The Last Airbender doesn't promise faithfullness to the original source anymore to me. The original crew from Beast Wars probably wouldn't be called back, voice actors, Forward and DiTillio, and others wouldn't be called back.

7. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    All of these QFT. Beast Wars would make an amazing straight to DVD cartoon, new series etc given good writers. Beast Wars as a live action movie would blow. First off, even with CGI at the level it is, it wouldn't make for convincing robot to animal conversion. See Alice in ROTF. Then multiply that by ten. It's just not enduring as the giant robot to vehicle thing. Or it would consist of the arms and legs changing abit and then the robot head popping up from the beast head... you don't have as many options for transformation, which is a big deal.

Secondly, I doubt they would allow the beasts to robot thing anyway, and if it was done, it would be a niche movie... part of Beast Wars charm is it's isolation of the Predacons and Maximals, and the satisfaction comes from watching the series and fulfillment of character growth and conflict resolution. How do you chop that down into AT MOST 9 hours of film in a trilogy? It took longer than that for Beast Wars to really hit it's stride. The Beast modes almost certainly have to be in an environment that makes sense for them... IE jungles, forests, harsh wilderness... Primal would need trees to swing on etc etc.

We're at least 10 to 15 years from a Beast Wars movie. Geekdom is really just starting to get it's comeuppance the Dark Knight, Iron Man, 300, Sin City and such crossing over from geeky comic movie to mainstream success. A niche like Beast Wars is a long way away... look at how slow the Thundercats movie is moving along... And that was a pretty big franchise in the 80s.

8. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ???

Jimmy88 isn't suggesting a live-action version of the BW cartoon. He's suggesting a live-action take on the BW concept (like the Bay movies are to Transformers).

9. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Beast wars was crap Fact...

10. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Beast Wars saved Transformers. Fact.

11. figsdad

News Credits:
    In what sence.?

12. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

The whole franchise was dead/dying. Beast Wars came along and revived it.

13. figsdad

News Credits:
    It was dead after beast wars as well.

14. figsdad

News Credits:
    It was only the 1st movie that brought it all back with figures and g1..

15. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

You're either mistaken or using your personal opinion as a fact again.

In between Beast Wars and the first movie there was Robots in Disguise, Armada, Energon, and Cybertron. All of which had full lines of figures and merchandise.

That's not dead.

16. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Indeed.

Armada in particular was very successful for Hasbro. No way you can say it was dead during that period.

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'd love a Beast Wars film series, if it tries to incorporate elements in each film Film 1 is just the introduction and random fights, Film 2 is the Optimus primal's sacrifice and return and the Transmetal wave and hell the Agenda. Film 3 is the Agenda and the end of the series. I mean if it's well thought out and written right (Having Bob Forward and Larry DiTillo with Kurtzman and Orci) I'd love to see Steven Speilberg direct this, and have Garry Chalk, David Kaye and Scott McNeil to reprise their roles.

Best Part is it would be mostly CGI and no actors....meaning no bad actors.

Who said Bay would have a chance of ruining it.

18. awesomem131

awesomem131 Well-Known Member

I don't think pple wud be willing to see a tf movie without optimus I mean let's be forreal

19. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed, hell I believe that's what Larry and Bob had in mind at the beginning, it just got bumped to Season two...

True, Humans were there around the time of the Fallen. And like I've been saying all along: if they can make an award winning (in people's eyes I haven't actually seen it) movie like 10,000 BC, then they can make one of Beast Wars.

jD001

20. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Ugh. Agh. Blech. No. No Beast Wars revitalization. No no nononono.