Battlefield: Hardline

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by OmegaPrime22, May 28, 2014.

1. OmegaPrime22

OmegaPrime22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    New battlefield game set to be revealed at e3.
    [​IMG]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu1I_Supvc8

Battlefield: Hardline (cops vs. thieves) leaks, tons of info [Officially Announced] - NeoGAF

2. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

Set to be revealed at E3...but I think every thing they had has been leaked.

I was going to post this yesterday...but so far I care so little about it that I didn't bother. The gameplay trailer looked so amazingly not-battlefield.

3. Crossfire-034

Crossfire-034 Insensitive jerk

Yeeeeah, I'm not sure how I feel about this. It's nice that we're getting something similar to BF2's Special Forces expansion, with the zip-lines and all, but a cops and robbers theme? Doesn't feel like "Battlefield" at all.

4. biscuits

Not entirely sure if anyone is interested, but the open beta goes up tomorrow on all platforms. I'm actually looking forward to playing it, seems like a lot has changed since the E3 reveal and previous beta.

5. Sir Spamsalot

Sir Spamsalot ignore the post #'s

I might try the beta. I don't know, but it just seems so off.

6. biscuits

7. Menasor

Menasor Jibba Jabberin' Automod

I'm looking forward to trying the beta to see how it compares to last year. I don't think I'll be buying it though unless the beta really surprises me. With Battlefront coming later this year and BF4 getting more updates it leaves Hardline in a odd spot.

8. Sir Spamsalot

I'll just have to wait and see. Though, its March release may secure itself a spot on my shelf.

9. Crossfire-034

I take back what I said earlier, judging by the first beta and from what I've seen since the game looks interesting and different enough from BF4 to warrant a potential purchase. Though if anything I'm more excited about the weapons and gadgets themselves, like finally being able to use Aimpoint sights or an original 7.62x39 AKM instead of the fancy AK74/12 and AEK models. Looking forward to the open beta at any rate.

10. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

hm. i think i might preorder this game. standard issue.

11. Sir Spamsalot

Um... Its... Its ok...

12. oddobot

oddobot carpe diem all diem long

Ebay:
    I had an invite to a beta for it earlier. I played it, I know the previous beta build was very raw, it still didn't do much for me. May give the new beta a try. In between homework assignments...

13. Crossfire-034

Enjoying the gameplay so far. The guns actually feel like real firearms, and the taser is oh so satisfying to utilize. My one nitpick at the moment is that the AKM isn't an AKM at all- the in-game model uses a 5.45x39 magazine which would technically make it an AK74, albeit with an original AK's furniture. Dunno how they screwed that up, from what I've seen all the other models and names are accurate enough.

Also, maybe it's just the particular map, but I wish Heist mode lasted a bit longer. Seems like every game I join is over within 7ish minutes.

14. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    So I downloaded the Beta off Origin, and then instead of doing what a normal game does and boots up when I select play, it launches a fucking web browser for servers, then when I pick one, it tells me to install a browser plugin.

No, EA, I will not install what could be suspect software on my PC because your teams made the flawed decision to use a web-based server browser instead of it being in-game like basically every other shooter ever.

15. Sir Spamsalot

I am actually really enjoying this beta, definitely picking this game up.

16. BadGuyWins

BadGuyWins B-Movie Villain

I get the feeling the "Anti-Air" upgrade for vehicles is going to be very popular on some maps.

17. biscuits

There's nothing wrong with using Battlelog as a server browser...I quite like it actually. And there's nothing wrong with the plugins, I've had them for ages and have updated them multiple times...

Because everyone hates air vehicles :thumbs2:  Seriously though I was annoyed to find out that you can have a Stinger in the back of a car, having it as a map pick-up was such a good move...especially since the Helicopters are not only weaker in damage output but take damage from small arms fire. Why the heck would you even need the Stinger? Argh, Air vehicles will never be in the same glory as Battlefield 2/3 or Bad Company 2...

18. Sir Spamsalot

Battlelog is actually really great.

Any of you spray an image?

19. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I can thnk of no good reason what this couldn't be part of the application itself but I suppose all it does make me look like some sort of "Get off my lawn, darn kids" old man yearning for his old days of BF1942 and Desert Combat.

After some massive dramas I had with an Adobe plugin that necissitated a hard drive reformat and Windows reinstall, I don't take them with blind trust anymore.

20. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I'm really enjoying the "Hotwire" game mode.