Battlefield 4

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by biscuits, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Sir Spamsalot

Sir Spamsalot Well-Known Member

Just preordered it!

2. Crossfire-034

Crossfire-034 Insensitive jerk

So, apparently Battlefield 3 and Bad Company 2 work on satellite internet. It's playable, but admins always kick me because I have 800 ping. :lol  I'm slightly more tempted to pick the game up now, but I told myself I'd wait until I get a PS4... which I'm holding off buying until MGS5 releases.

3. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

Hng, LevelCap (A very, very, very good BF commentator and skilled player) just posted a video where he states that next gen consoles look almost identical to the PC version and that some people were having trouble telling the difference. Now, obviously PC will still be better graphically but this is awesome conformation. 720p, 900p, whatever. It will look amazing and play amazing on both! Gameplay to come out tomorrow :) 

BF4: The End Of PC Elitists? (Battlefield 4 Gameplay/Commentary) - YouTube

Oh and one other thing, for those of you that get the game tomorrow, please use spoiler tags () when talking about the campaign OR previously unrevealed leveloution events! I want to read your comments on the game, but I don't want some leveloution spoiled for me! Cheers!

4. tb-1599

tb-1599 Well-Known Member

So this will be my first foray into BF4 I am usally a COD player. What are some more of the major differences? (especially in the MP) I heard that COD tends to be more fast paced?

5. Crossfire-034

Crossfire-034 Insensitive jerk

Essentially, the biggest changes in Battlefield are increased teamwork/strategies and the inclusion of large maps with a variety of drivable/pilotable vehicles, as well as destructible environments. Combat is a little slower paced unless you're playing a strictly infantry map or the like. No hitscan (as far as I'm aware), so you'll have to lead your shots. I believe these are the biggest changes if you're coming from CoD.

6. tb-1599

Cool it sounds like this will be more to my liking.. is cheating as rampant on BF like with COD?

7. biscuits

Oh action can be fast paced. More so than CoD. Try out game modes like Rush or Obliteration; even with 24 players that can get intense. As for gameplay things that you will want to note:

- Recoil is more prominent
    - You can't reload super fast
    - Suppression. Suppression is a visual effect that occurs when a sniper or an LMG is firing at you or around you. It causes your vision to blur slightly and reduces your aim. If you have good aim, your shots will still land. Suppression is very minimal with Assault Rifles, PDW's, Shotguns and Carbines.
    - No perks
    - Nothing is hitscan, as in no weapons hit as soon as fired. The bullets have to travel. Obviously in close range this is hardly noticeable, but very noticeable at medium to long range. At medium to long range you compensate for this by aiming just before where your target is heading (If mobile) to get the hit markers.
    - Bullets drop over distances, so if sniping at distance you will need to aim a little above your target to get the kill, as compensation for the bullet drop.
    - Classes have vital roles; as the Assault you are expected to drop health packs/boxes for people and revive using the defibrillators. It would be recommended to use at least one team aiding gadget and not just personal gadgets (I.E, have a med box and M320 not a M320 and M26 DART)
    Support is expected to drop ammo and offer suppression; this helps others get kills.
    Engineer is expected to take out enemy vehicles and keep friendly vehicles repaired and in working order. If you are in the side seat of a Scout or Transport helicopter, it's really helpful to have that repair torch at the ready.
    Recon is for long range combat primarily, but can be equipped with a Shotgun/Carbine/DMR (so can any class) for closer combat. You use this class for sniping obviously and for pointing out targets and laser designating vehicles for some engineer launchers to lock-on to (Javelin onto Air vehicles)
    - Vehicles are a biggy, they have a large impact on the outcome of a game. An IFV (Infantry Fighting Vehicle) can decimate infantry, but have weaker armour and aren't very good against MBT's and Helicopters. MBT's (Main Battle Tank's) are effective against infantry, other armour, boats and air vehicles if you have sick aim. Attack Helicopters are geared towards taking out pretty much everything apart from Jets. It's best to avoid Jets and stay quite low to avoid them. Flying up high makes you a big target with no cover. Scout helicopters are pretty much for taking out infantry and transport vehicles. Transport helicopters; it's in the name.
    -Cheating is literally non existant.
    - The game generally requires more player input.
    - Vehicles aren't easy to fly. I'd recommend putting some time into the test range before even considering hopping in one. Also, the default controls use the sticks to move/fly (ala Halo) so you may want to change that, as it's pretty awkward.

Thats all I can think of now, hope it helps! Have fun with it buddy, don't let the learning curve and difference throw you off instantly!

I really wish I could do commentaries...share my tactics for Rush and how to be a better pilot...

8. tb-1599

Now I really cant wait LOL... I am sorry to say though. I have to wait untill the 22nd of November...

9. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    Got my preorder for Premium paid off, picked up 2 more cases of Game fuel, 2 packs of pizza pockets and my dad is giving me a new Galaxy S3 that's barely been used to trade into Gamestop for Store Credit.

10. UltraPrimus56

UltraPrimus56 In the ruins of paradise

Oh What I would do to get a chance to play with LevelCap, and JackFrags. Gonna wait to get an Xbox One before I get B4 though, I want my experience to be more than sub par (Xbox 360, and PS3).

11. biscuits

Ah well, I enjoyed writing that. Hm, actually really makes me want to do my own commentaries since I know my gameplay isn't bad and I know quite a lot :p  Maybe next year.
    I would love to have a Helicopter fight with one of them and see if I can win...in fact I'd actually to play against them with my own organised squad. Would be an interesting experience! I do love LevelCaps videos's though, so informative with good gameplay :D  I personally can't wait until December to get my Xbox One so I pre-ordered the 360 version with GAME so I can trade it in and get the next-gen version for £10! Cannot wait for that!

12. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i dont like lvlcap... so i dont watch his vids :D 

13. Sir Spamsalot

it comes out in only 7 hours.......
    [​IMG]

14. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You'll love it mate. I transferred from CoD to Battlefield 4 earlier in the year and, after a rough start learning how to pilot the air vehicles, I love it. I always go engineer since vehicles are my focus, and it really is just good fun. Pretty much only neg I can think of for BF3 was when playing on player-owned servers and you got some douchey, cheaty admin who booted good players so he came top. Didn't happen all the time though, plenty of great matches to be had.

Next year's gonna be a long wait. I get paid for my postgrad dissertation project over the summer though so will definitely be picking it up June-time.

I will note that I still play CoD for that quick, fifteen minute shoot-out (though I'll never touch Treyarch again), but if you have an hour or so for a good sesh BF is the beast. Though to be fair BF can do short sweet matches too, just happens that people usually stick the tickets to some ridiculous multiplier so they last an hour.

15. biscuits

Still 96 hours for me. Then there's the whole day to go through until my brother gets home from Uni (He's picking up the copy's) so that'll make it 114 hours for me :p 

16. Sir Spamsalot

Do you want us to post pictures for you or something?

17. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    So close, I can almost taste it.

18. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    just got back from Gamestop with mine, got the premium steelcase too (I didnt even know that was a thing) havnt opened it yet though. I literally got off work and went right to Gamestop to wait in line for an hour lol

19. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just got back and downloaded the extras. Installing the game now. Beware: if you buy the premium pack and use the codes for the 360 or PS3 they will not be good for the Xbox One or the PS4. Happy slaughtering!

20. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    Got mine installing on my PC right now. Was a fun time, went to Gamestop, got my receipt and my number: 15, then went next door to Applebee's and ate me some dinner and by the time I got back it was time to get in line. Got my copy of Battlefield 4, got my Premium Code, got my Collector's Tin and got a Gamestop wristband and a Gamestop can koozie (love me some freebies).

All in all a good night and tomorrow will be even better. Got a full day of BF4 ahead of me and I have 4 cases, 48 cans, of Mtn Dew Game Fuel and a coupon for a free, large pizza from Papa John's. Tomorrow is going to be an awesome day.