Battlefield 4

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by biscuits, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    I'm hoping the Javelin is still an unlockable weapon for the Engineer and doesn't get turned into some silly battle pick up.

Also I'm a little upset they caved into the Recon whiners and gave them C4 so they could be anti vehicle and long range. They always cried in the BF3 forums talking abut how they needed to be able to kill enemies from long range and be able to take out vehicles. I just wish DICE didn't cave into the demands of those cowards, they should ahve kept C4 for Support or brought back the dedicated Spec Ops class and given them suppressed PDWs, pistols and flash/smoke grenades to keep them from being OP. I miss playing Spec Ops in Battlefield 2, was always such fun taking out enemy assets such as the communications/UAV satellite trailers, artillery cannons and bridges. I think it having it's own class again could really keep things interesting, especially on really big maps.

2. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure the javelin is still in but I think it's kind of redundant now that RPG's can lock on. Javs where already pretty useless in BF3 so now they're really irrelevant. DICE should just go fun over balance and make it so the jav has a AOE that still damages to at least the degree of a RPG even if the tank deploys smoke or whatever. Yes it's a lock on weapon, but it's one that takes forever to lock and takes even longer to land. It's pretty hard to get a kill with unless the armor your engaging is distracted.

I think I'm done with the beta. It's fun now that I'm used to it but I don't really feel like grinding just to unlock a Battlepack and sinking a lot of time into this isn't that appealing since I'm probably still gonna skip out on the current gen version so my work is gonna get wiped anyway lol.

3. Delta One

Delta One Banned

So can someone explain to me the whole "USA vs Europe" thing.

4. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    All of the rockets/RPGs are different. They each have a specific feature/role. The RPG can't lock on.

They vary in difficulty and damage, which correlate. The easier it is to use, the less damage it does, and vise versa.

This video explains every one perfectly.

Battlefield 4 All The Bazookas + New Battlefield Pickup! - YouTube

5. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    The RPGs do lock on now homie lol. Granted it's only after a recon paints it but that's TOTALLY easier now that the painter isn't some stationary turret anymore and you get an actual fair amount of points for painting and assists seem more consistent. I know each rocket have designated roles :p  it's why I think the rpg lock on is dumb. It fucks up the balance of the actual rockets that DO lock on.

Why would you carry a stinger if it's gonna get countered and in the event it does hit, does next to jack, when you can carry a RPG that can do so much more damage, is free fire, and just needs another recon player for a lock to turn into AA more effective than actual AA launchers?

6. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    ^ Exactly. I loved the Javelin in BF3, have over a thousand kills with it, but it seems like it's been extremely nerfed for 4 while the RPG has been given a humongous boost. Now that the RPG does high damage and can lock on, I see no point in using the Javelin or AA launchers.

7. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Wait, so they changed that for the RPG?! ...why? :( 

Maybe the AA rockets fly faster and farther, and if you tried to use the RPG air vehicles can outrun it?

Also, I love the new sound they have for the RPG. It's so meaty. :D 

8. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    The RPG and SMAW will no longer lock onto targets, they will simply be dumb fire rockets.
    As for launchers that can lock on, the easier they are to use, the less damage they will do.

Also, I got my pre-order of BF4 completely paid off and I put $5 down on Premium, I can't wait to play this game.

9. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

Yeah quite a few changes have been made thanks to a very successful beta :D 

The full list of changes can be found here.

Got my pre-order done a few days ago, got it from GAME so that I can trade it in during December to get my Xbox One copy :) 

10. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    This game is why I'll go next gen on day one. Am actually serious.

11. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    This game is why I'm rebuilding my entire PC as soon as I can afford it, I want a PC that can handle this game and a few others at max settings. Can't wait to get the money for the parts.

As for the beta, I was thoroughly impressed, the game is a tremendous step forward over 3. The only thing that really bothered me was counter knifing, I just found it to be too easy to perform, well it and how tank shells seemed to phase through the map at times. I'm definitely going to my Gamestop's midnight release for this game, can't wait to get it.

12. biscuits

Same! Although I'll have to wait until the second wave of consoles though, I couldn't get a pre-order in. Hoping to get one before or just after Christmas. Have to deal with the 360 version until then though! :( 

13. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    I'm waiting to get BF4 for Xbox 360 on Black friday... $30 plus this will hold me off till I can get my PC a new CPU that will be able to handle it.

14. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 Filipinooooooooooooo

News Credits:
    Yep. I will be getting BF4 on ps3. It'd be the same pretty much on next gen.

15. biscuits

Except for the 64 players instead of 24, running at 60FPS, increased graphics, more capture points on maps and more of the maps being filled out, more vehicles on each map...yeah, those things are why I'm upgrading :lol  Pretty big things IMO.

16. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    I was just gonna say "whatever helps you sleep at night." but that works too.

I can't wait for this game to come out, beta was so much fun, so I can hardly wait. I'm definitely going to have to stock up on Mtn Dew Game Fuel, Doritis and pizza before the game comes out, after I get it I don't myself going anywhere for quite a while.

17. Crossfire-034

Crossfire-034 Insensitive jerk

How weird would it be if I went to my local coffee shop to play video games for an hour or two? Because that's the closest place that offers decent internet. :( 

BF4 is looking decent, all things considered. I think that this is the game that BF3 should have been, with commander mode being brought back and all. It's a shame that I won't be able to sink some time into this during the winter months...

18. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    Can't you get internet where you live?

19. Crossfire-034

Crossfire-034 Insensitive jerk

Well, I do have internet- it's just that I have a monthly limit of 20GB and a download speed of 150-240 kb. Needless to say, I get dinged with 1000ish ping every time I play. The only games that work half-decently are MMO's and strategy.

I miss Battlefield, man.

20. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    Can you upgrade to a higher tier?