Battle Roller

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by Red Snarl, Dec 11, 2008.

1. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    alright gauge, you've gotta fess up. between this, the mp thundercracker, and the animated blurr threads, you've got some good pictures on here. what kind of camera do you use, and what are your typical camera settings for your pics?

2. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Can Rollar's weapons fit in Classic Prime's hands snugly?

3. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    The only Camera I use is my Sony Cybershot DSC-S60 (4.1 Mega pixels)
    as for the settings: that's a secret. however, making sure when doing outside photos, always make sure your main light sources are behind you. it makes for some interesting photos. :D 
    I really love my Camera but it's going to be time to upgrade soon. My dream camera is the Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-H50 (9.1 Mega pixels)

4. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    here ya go :D  (To me it looks strange because the Guitar is so huge, but meh what can a little dude do)

[​IMG]

5. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Yes and no. His swords fit in fine, but the guns on mine only seem to go in a little bit, they seem a bit tight.

But, on the plus side of this is you can give Prime a really cool energon punch-dagger thingumadig.

[​IMG]

6. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    To take photos or to pose on a shelf, YES. but to actually play with NO. the blades are a bit loose and tend to fall out, but the guns fit pretty good but as the poster above me stated they only fit in a little bit and are a bit tight.

But on the plus side, if you combine the blades and have prime hold the barrel ends of the guns as handles they fit quite snug. also there are screw holes on Primes shoulders which you can use with roller's weapons too. :D 

Here's some examples of the usage of Roller's weapons with Prime.

(I apologize in advance for all the photos) :D 

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got my Rollar today and he is dead sexay! The only thing I don't like is the cockpit/shield deal since it falls apart and such. I currently have him holding his guns with the swords pegged to the sides to form bayonet deals.

Edit: Forgot to mention that his swords are REALLY sharp. One should be careful when handling them lest one stab themselves and draw blood.

8. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Im sorry but... :lolol :

9. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just opened mine and am very impressed with the engineering, but the plastic quality leaves much to be desired. Mine is very loose. I can barely get him to stand and his head ball joint is completely wild. I'm gonna have to do some work on his joints to strengthen them. I also do not recommend heavy play with this guy as all of the little tabs look as if they will work 3 times and then snap off. He is cool to have and I do not regret buying him, but he was not all that I hoped that he would be.

10. unicronsupreme

News Credits:
    yeah, I kinda :lol  'd too. That little bugger could put an eye out. Hasbro would never be allowed to make something like this and release it at retail.

11. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    True and with the congress just passing that toymaking bill recently, all toys are gonna have to be tested and pass similar safety tests too so we may never see toys like this anymore unless they Nerf the living hell out of them first. or make the weapons rounded with balls on the end or rubber or foam or maybe they will shoot foam missles :lol 

12. unicronsupreme

News Credits:
    If that were to happen Classics Megs wouldn't look so out of place!

13. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    I FINALLY got my hands on this little guy today!

I'll try not to rehash what other people have said, i'll just give some of my impressions.

First off: COMBINED GUN MODE

This is the combination with Masterpiece Optimus' rifle. Nothing really pegs together in this mode, but it all holds together fairly well. The handle appears to have been designed to be held securely in MP Optimus' hand (which is probably why it needs the little brace to work for Movie Optimus). I have an old first-run MP-01, and his hand is still able to grip it securely without the weight of Rollar pulling it out. His WRISTS are another matter entirely, and you have to be careful posing or the gun will flop around... but this was a problem with mine even with his regular rifle, so mileage with yours may vary. The BIGGEST problem is, with his arm outstretched, Rollar's weight can overwhelm my MP-01's somewhat loose toe/ankle joints, and cause him to fall forward. The gun is VERY big without being misproportioned, and the overall sillouhette is very strongly reminiscent of a Targetmaster.

Secondly: Plastic Quality.

The quality of the plastic feels very good to me. It's NOT the thick, sturdy stuff you'd get with an off-the-shelf Transformer at Toys R Us, for sure, but it compares favorably with Busou Shinki plastic, and probably most other 'collector grade' plastics. It's very HARD plastic, especially in the clear accessories... not brittle, but the hardness leads to Rollar's swords LITERALLY being sharp enough to cut, especially at the points.

Thirdly: Tightness

This wasn't as bad as I feared. His joints ARE loose, but he's light enough that he can hold poses anyway. Everything is balljoints, so chances are they'll losen up... but they can been tightened up just as easily through various methods using nail polish. Given how hard his plastic is, though, I think he'll probably wear very well... likely better than the softer Hasbro plastic.

His weapons can be a mixed bag simply because of the compromises in their pegs for all the different combination possibilities. The swords are a bit loose in his hands, while the guns are tight tight TIGHT. If yours are tight, I don't recommend forcing them in, as the hands are probably fragile. Most of the pegs work nicely though... including the one for his shield, which other people have had problems with. Guess I'm just lucky :D 

Detail:

This guy is LOADED with scuplted and painted detail. The paint apps are GORGEOUS, and the sculpted detail is clean, right down to tiny details on his face. And he not only looks good, he pulls off multiple looks so well... the three variants on his vehicle modes look like completely different things.

Overall: If you're used to things like Busou Shinki or Gundam model kits, you will have no issues with this guy. If you're looking for something like off the toyshelf... maybe not so much. But, despite his size, his immense versatility easily makes him worth the price... especially if you have MP-04.

14. lerath666

lerath666 Autocon Vs Deceptibot

Ebay:
    so... where can I find this guy, and what might he cost me?

15. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

I was a little disappointed that his wheelbase is too wide to roll him into my Justitoys MP Prime trailer, but he fits in there okay if I fold the wheels up. Finally a Roller worthy of being a transformer and not just a relic of the Microman Change toys.

16. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

The first Battle Roller I received was missing a translucent hood piece and the Prime gun light didn't work. Consequently, I returned it and exchanged it for another. It was complete this time, but the hips would NOT swivel to transform it into the Roller mode. Ended up returning that as well, and will not buy another item from TFC Toys.

Aside from all that, the figure is definitely floppy despite being comprised of rigid plastic. The ball joints everywhere are an iffy choice, as some could have been made sturdier.

I can't say I'd recommend this figure to anybody.

17. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

Only pull the knives out of the guns when combining them straight in and out - if you rotate them they can snap the link cuffs so best not to do that.

Anyone care to post about the newer release version like the nemesis version and the new accessories ?

Personally I find the shield modes does not really work the parts don't hold together for me. the joints can be a little loose - but he's not to expensive so that cuts him some slack.

18. Dr. Grimlockisking

Dr. Grimlockisking Twitter @GrimlockIsKing

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can honestly say, there are only two times I've been disappointed with 3rd party products, and this was the second one. The one I got was brand new, it looks great, but the head popped off, got caught in the cavity, and there were two large stress marks on there to the point where if any force is applied, it will snap in two. Very disappointed. Can't exchange it because I bought it on the boards here, but luckily, the head isn't necessary for most of the forms. This one will probably remain in roller mode, while my Shadow one will remain in robot form until I can find a suitable replacement for this one.

19. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    awful :( 

20. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

Where can I find the Nemesis version?