Battle mask or no battle mask?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by JoshimusPrime93, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Last time I checked, Bee talks through his radio. It's no different than talking with his mouth (or speaker in this case) other than the fact he's not speaking with his actual voice. Bee's mask is not equivalent to Prime's mouth plate—I was speaking for his lack of an actual mouth like Prime in Bumblebee. Giving Prime a mouth doesn't make him look any friendlier, especially considering Prime looks even more pissed without his faceplate.

But there are scenes in the Bayverse where Prime takes off his mask while he's actively in battle. Like this scene in AOE, he takes off his mask in the middle of a battle sequence (timestamp 1:40) and keeps it off for the remainder of the fight:

• Like Like x 2
  2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    BB Op proved you don't need the face, though for AOE Prime's design I prefer the mouthplate off. It's too bulky and ugly, and his face is more smooth and proportioned, contrary to BB Prime where is mouthplate is smaller and rounder and works way better.

• Like Like x 5
  3. ShockwaveCannon

ShockwaveCannon Banned

Ebay:
    I never disputed how BB’s mask is different to Prime’s plate, but in my view he doesn’t look friendlier without his faceplate at all. Like I said there is a reason Bay decided to distinguish Prime with and without his faceplate. But each to their own i guess

• Like Like x 1
  4. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Sure, Bay may or may have not had a reason, though, that doesn't matter. You can have your own unique opinions without letting the director of a franchise he barely cared about make decisions for you.

• Like Like x 3
  5. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I like both.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    Bumblebee’s mask is not the same as Optimus Primes mouthplate at all. Literally, it covers up the whole face and it’s only used for battle to protect him. I think you’re getting his faceplate mixed up and calling it a battlemask when in this movie it just isn’t a battlemask. It’s a faceplate. It’s a faceplate because they are taking the G1 cartoon design and putting it on the big screen. He has no mouth. You seem to be ignoring this and going off Bays films saying it’s still a battlemask used primarily for battle when it isn’t.

It literally didn’t until later incarnations of Transformers came out. In the context we are using it’s not a battlemask period. It’s a faceplate. Which characters like Grimlock have.

Oh my god... you legit just said you can’t read his intentions or he’s hiding something with his mask on...

...meaning you basically said you can’t visually see what he’s thinking or what he intends to do. That’s a dumb complaint because we can’t see or read what anyone is thinking in the real world but we can also go off the tone of voice, emotion, sometimes even eyes, and facial expression etc to indicate what one is thinking or what they are intending to do. Also emotions can sometimes play into a factor of what someone is thinking or when someone is intending to do something which is why I mentioned it. It’s also really funny you said you can’t read his “intentions” with his mask on and in that Cybertron scene you could see what he’s thinking and feeling visually... and that he intended to get the hell off Cybertron and guess what he had the mask on.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  7. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy Demon in a Bottle

If their faces aren't disturbing a disgusting, sure why not. Bumblebee fixed most of their faces to look more natural and humanlike.

8. ShockwaveCannon

ShockwaveCannon Banned

Ebay:
    [[/QUOTE]
    Except my opinion is that Bay used the faceplate for a reason. which was to distinguish when he was in battle and when he wasn’t. I’ve used my “opinion” this whole time lmao. Didn’t care? He cared for at least three movies. TF1, DOTM, AOE showed Bay was trying.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    Exactly how I feel. Bumblebee did a great job of giving the robots more emotion.

• Like Like x 2
  10. ShockwaveCannon

ShockwaveCannon Banned

Ebay:
    .... Except in the Bayverse it is mostly used for when he is primarily in battle, not when he’s talking. ... which is the reason Bay decided to distinguish prime having a faceplate and also not having a faceplate when OP is talking. And when he has the faceplate on, for the millionth time, in my view it I believe it’s something he should only wear in battle because IN MY OPINION it distinguishes when he’s in battle and when he isn’t. When he isn’t wearing it it also places more EMPHASIS on what OP’s intentions are, for example in DOTM right at the end he looks at Megatron and puts his face mask on, instantly THEN you know he’s going to go into battle again. So yes, it definitely does helpread his intentions better.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    Why didn’t you say that was your opinion since the start of this thread instead of saying bullshit that isn’t true at all “humans can’t read his intentions with the mask on.” When in fact the Bumblebee movie proved that wasn’t the case?

Sure, having a mouth would be an easier approach to seeing his emotions. Or as you would say “intentions.” I never said it wasn’t. What gave you that idea. I just gave the facts because you were obviously wrong when you said humans can’t read his intentions with the mask on.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  12. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm fine with him having a face, but I don't like the face they've used so far in the movies. His mouth is too low and his lips are cheesy, he should look more akin to what Ironhide or Sideswipe have, the "human enough to emote but not too close that it gets creepy and uncanny".

• Like Like x 1
  13. Soundwavelover2004

Soundwavelover2004 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Both

14. Bee Camaro

Bee Camaro Well-Known Member

I think the masked face looks cooler, but i like him having a mouth as well.
    I think the way it was in the movies worked quite well where he switched to the faceplate during battle.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Head of Illuminati Chapter 517

News Credits:
    Either is fine and in fact I feel ALL the bots should have battle masks or armor in some way.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Not safe for work

News Credits:
    Battle mask in battle, off when not.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Blackout32

Blackout32 PANTERA FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I think of this question on the Siege Jetfire as well. I'm going to say both on Jetfire and Optimus i say. It's kinda of a mix in between 50/50 i think of the answer.

18. WarLordFoxxy

WarLordFoxxy Banned

I don't know why these Bumblebee Movie fanatics are getting so defensive over it. All you did was state your opinion, which is totally valid by the way.
    Optimus doesn't need the battle mask on when he isn't in battle.

Yup, simple as that.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  19. ShockwaveCannon

ShockwaveCannon Banned

Ebay:
    Lmaooo ik. Not BB fanatics btw, but G1 fanatics. It would look incredibly stupid if he was wearing a mask all the time in my eyes, but we have to accommodate to everything G1 according to some, and anything that doesn’t is TRASH

• Like Like x 4
  20. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom Not very good at being catty.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Face plate for battling same thing for ga devastator, glasses for battle. No glasses for normal stuff

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 2