Repro/Sticker: Battle Gaia

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by PanCakes7169, Apr 23, 2020.

1. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A man after my own heart.

2. Gokai Tahu

Gokai Tahu Emotionally compromised

What paints did you use for this guy?

3. PanCakes7169

PanCakes7169 Well-Known Member

20200526_135447.jpg
    These are all the colors etc that I used.
    I tried to use what I already had so I didnt bother tring to get air versions of like the red and purple etc. Plus they matched really well as it was, so if you use those make sure you thin it way down.

Pretty much used them all straight as is except for the two greens on vortex. The body is a half and half mix of the two greens while the chest play is a mix between the darker model color green and the dark gray model air.

20200525_081303.jpg
    This torn down version of all the parts is a good ref for a color guide except for chest shield for onslaught. I painted it black when its meant to be blue. I was painting an extra chest plate black for the urban camo runination instead of trying to buy a new one to complete the set and wasn't thinking and painted the battle gaia one black too.

• Like Like x 5
  4. ThunderDestron

ThunderDestron Vast predatory bird

This is awesome, the colors match perfectly. Funny I was just on the tfwiki page for Great Cannon yesterday. I never realized how many parts the G1 Bruticus mold had until seeing that picture.

• Like Like x 1
  5. The Fallen

The Fallen Retired Collector

My first experience with these toys was during Robots in Disguise 01. I liked the mold then and I like it now. This is awesome. You did a tremendous job on it.

6. PanCakes7169

Same, my love for this toy came from rid 2001. I never even knew he was a recolor till like 2017 cuz I only ever knew about season one of g1 and the 86 movie at the time
    Finding out he was also bruticus was just icing on top and now Ive got a bruticus collection that has gotten out of hand lol.

7. The Fallen

In my experience, if you're a big fan of this brand, there's always at least one character that gets out of hand. I just looked at that thread and man, what collection.

A bit more on topic, how do Vellejo paints work for you? I got an airbrush for Christmas, and have yet to use it. I've only used Model Master and Testor's in the past, for brushing stuff. Personally, I've had mixed results with these brands and I'm always looking for something better to use.

8. PanCakes7169

I love it, I was using model masters and would say vellejo has been really good for me and have made a full switch to it. Plus they come in easy to use bottles which is nice.
    Only down side for me is no where locally sells them and I have to order them online which makes color matching a less than fun experience.

My biggest tip is make sure you thin the paint correctly cuz that was my biggest hurtle for the longest time that caused me so so many issues.

• Like Like x 1
  9. The Fallen

Thank you for that. I'll be sure to follow that in future.

10. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How did you make the labels, and will you make the files available?

• Like Like x 1
  11. PanCakes7169

The labels I made by just trial and error really, found all the ref I could for the toy and just remade them in a vector art program. Some of the stickers where still a bit off size wise I would need to go through and fix it. Also thought about contacting toyhax and getting it to them so they could make it widely available and fix the minor mistakes that mine had.

• Like Like x 2
  12. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's not a bad idea. They could probably map them to the Combaticon upgrade set if nothing else.

Personally I need those torso stickers for my CW Battle Gaia I just finished.

13. Napjr

Napjr Mr. Internet Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Amazing job i must say!

Can i ask about your painting process? did you removed the camo patterns on Mega Octane and Armorhide or just painted over?

What about the joints, did you sanded to prevent scratches during transformation ? (Like Rollbar inner arms?)

Hope they accept the idea! i would love to get a full set!

• Like Like x 1
  14. PanCakes7169

The only paint I had to remove was really off rotor, for what ever reason the primer would bead up on the paint. Other then that I didnt remove any of the camo and just painted over it. Then there was getting the white off movors wings to get them black and little stuff like that.
    As far as sanding didnt really need to do much of that either cuz a lot of the internal parts where all ready the correct color and I didn't paint them so I didnt need to fix the tolerance. Except rotors legs, but I didn't do enough sanding apparently cuz I cant get the him into leg mode with out the cockpit getting stuck and having to unscrew everything to get him off

• Like Like x 1
  15. Napjr

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:

Thanks! Good to know, im gonna try to make my own too :) 

• Like Like x 1
  16. unpunk

unpunk Well-Known Member

I don't think we're allowed to link to other sites so I'll just let you guys know there's a KO Battle Gaia on eBay right now. The box is kind of beat up, but the figures look great and it looks to be complete. It's a plastic tray and not foam holding the figures, but I thought I'd drop some info in case anyone really wants one. It's at $89 right now.

*edit to add the auction listing title for anyone that might be interested. It looks like the spelling is different in the KO listing, so that may have presented problems.

1992 TRANSFORMERS G1 Battle Gaea Vintage Rare TF-10

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
  17. C16

C16 Space Nomad

News Credits:
    Now do the Combiner Wars mold.

18. PanCakes7169

Shoot if I can find it for a reasonable price

• Like Like x 1
  19. Napjr

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    What about the KO?

check sirtoys.com, several colors available, good quality and a reliable seller. Check the third party forum for the Knockoff thread :) 

20. PanCakes7169

Haven't even bothered cuz most of the kos come from over seas and shipping has been hit or miss cuz of pandemic so I haven't even bothered looking.

I got a few packages on hold and I didn't feel like spending more money and not getting anything anytime soon.

• Like Like x 1