Battle Damage

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by JazzEd, Feb 8, 2008.

1. JazzEd

JazzEd Truckasaurus!

Am I the only one who thinks that "battle damage" is the lamest thing ever? For the most part battle damage is just some black paint-maybe burnt marks on an released figure and repacked as new. The only real battel damage Transformer that is worth while in my opinion is Movie Jazz. He is the first toy with acutall markings and damage to his robot form.

I think this is diffenrt from repaints as they can change charathers completely, such as bubblebee to cliffjumper or even do a throwback like first strike Prime. What do you guys think?

2. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I'm in total agreement. The battle-damaged stuff they're realesing seems to be a few extra bits of black airbrushed on, and wrecks an otherwise good paintjob. Seems a waste of a good figure that could have been packaged without the 'battle-damage' as an original, if you ask me - especially considering all the kerfuffle regarding the Concept 'Bees, and a lot of them were put into two-packs as damaged ones.

3. nintendofreakgc

nintendofreakgc Bumblebee fan

Meh, I don't mind it too much myself, although I'd hate it if I was a completionist. Final Battle Jazz is the only one that I'd buy in addition to a non-battle damaged version (okay, I also want both versions of the Concept Camaro Bumblebee, but that's just because I'm a Bumblebee nut).

4. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

I've never liked it.

5. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm not really a fan of "Battle Damage", but I do like some of the airbrushed 'scorch marks' seen on the Hasbro versions of Masterpiece Optimus Prime and Starscream, largely because it adds some visual interest and detail, and makes them look more like display items as opposed to plasticky toys.

However, over-the-top battle damage and stuff on the less expensive items rarely looks worth it to me, especially the cartoon-style BD on the upcoming Animated 2-pack toys.

6. Locke

Locke Team Vanguard

News Credits:
    I have to agree with you here. Unfortunately, the molds look pretty solid. The one silver lining is that with the battle damaged versions in the two-pack, maybe we'll get clean versions single packed.

7. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can't stand battle damage as an adult and I didn't like it as a kid. I like my toys to look like they just came out of the factory.

8. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I can't stand battle damage either. The only battle damage toy that I've ever bought (other than the original Jurassic Park figures) is Final Battle Jazz. As far as I'm concerned it's really the only TF to have done it anywhere near right.

9. Sycia

Sycia Draconian Faction

In total agreement with the rest of you guys. Don't know if other kids would be fussy, but I was a clean freak as a kid, so would have never liked any of this 'Battle-Damage' nonsense.

Now it just looks like a cheap ploy.

10. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    Well, I agree with you for most of the battle damage, But for me the Voyager Prime is a must have, at least in his truck mode, the damage looks really neat and well done.

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I don't mind it in moderation....I mean the whole storyline is robots fighting a war....but I can definitely see the pointlessness in it too.

12. Prime's Pappa

Prime's Pappa Animated Forever

It is just a lame way to make u buy the same fig.

13. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

I like battle damaged plastic, but just spraying some lazy black paint on it seems kinda lame

Rather they just do a repaint so we can have another character than to make a slightly different version of the same character

Atleast modify the mold a bit with some scarred & ripped metal