Minor/Repaint: Battle Charger Runamuk RiD Edition

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Hikuro, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Hikuro

Hikuro Matrix Bearer

Ebay:
    I've been seeing a lot of these since the Wheeljack mold came out and I've been fascinated since! So this is an inspiration from everyone who's been doing one but still adding my own deals to them.

I still got a ways to go on mine. His top portion or torso is 80% complete. I got to touch up a bit of yellow that'll be on the chest, and then orange the robot parts.

His legs and arms are drying out and his internals have been primed for orange paint, his feet and wrists are going through the dull coat process and will take the longest to dry out and solidify.

After that I'll go over some nitpicking details that got painted by accident cause I couldn't get them covered up, and it'll finish with reprolabel symbols. So far not too bad.

I'll hopefully start working on Runabout next month.

2. Hikuro

Hikuro Matrix Bearer

Ebay:
    Here's another update, Runamuck in pieces right now! But he's coming together really well. I've touched up the pieces that were laid white lastnight, so they're currently drying. I've primed the robot limbs lastnight and touched up this morning so they'll be ready to go in a little bit.

Touched up a few other parts as well they didn't have enough paint on them but they're done.

So far this project is turning out well!

Attached Files:

3. Hikuro

Hikuro Matrix Bearer

Ebay:
    Okay so after I had finished Runamuck I had a lot of problems. Paint wasn't sticking to well and I messed up some areas that made me face palm wondering why i did what I had done.

So today I scored 2 new wheeljacks, took one of them apart and I managed to erase all that tampo print with a lot of paint thinner, Qtips and a little 1000 grit sandpaper. Got a pretty good turn out. So I've looked at the areas I wish I did differently and gonna try that for my 2.0.

Runabout will be a challenge since he'll need to be completely repainted top to stern.

4. Hikuro

Hikuro Matrix Bearer

Ebay:
    For the most part, the tampo is gone. There's still bits of remnants of it though on the door panels under the mirror and right at the elbow area. Dunno why those particular areas are so hard to get rid of. Even my wheel bleach didn't help a damn bit. Might have to do one more deal of careful sanding in those regions and another soak in warm water.

With any luck once those pieces dry out I'll have the head, fists, and feet completed.

Attached Files:

5. Hikuro

Hikuro Matrix Bearer

Ebay:
    orange applications are nearly done, i got the thighs and forearms left.
    Feet are halfway done, head needs minor details to accomplish a pleasant look. But I don't think any of the white paint will dry until tomorrow. I was also thinking of maybe adding stripe work from the front end with a little gaping in the middle where the feet connect in vehicle mode. It'll give a nice Generations look.

6. Hikuro

Hikuro Matrix Bearer

Ebay:
    Runamuck is done. Not to shabby. Better than the first version I did. Runabout has been cleaned up and taped on vital spots I don't want colored. Some of the limbs are in the middle of a fine primer coat, wont do the other side till the morning I think. Once the coats been nicely settled in the afternoon I'll begin doing the flat black coat.

Attached Files:

7. Hikuro

Hikuro Matrix Bearer

Ebay:
    Runabout is doing well but somehow runamucks right arm broke at the joint. I'll have to scrap a new figure for parts but won't be hard to fix at all

8. Stormvapor

Stormvapor Well-Known Member

I like it