Batman Unlimited - Animated Movie Series Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by UltraAlanMagnus, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    That's cool. Certainley means CN can't can it prematurely. I wonder if this will be a Target exclusive like the Justice League one from earlier this year. Should be interesting to see who all is in this.

With this being based on the Evergreen line's style, I wonder if they also might do one in the style of the Total Heroes figures.

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    A new animated film....nice.

Calling It Now: Diedrich Bader is voicing Batman once more. Assuming it's in continuity with the JLA movie.

3. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

Yeah, I was wondering about it being an exclusive too.

That's what I was thinking. Between B:BATB and the JLA:Trapped in Time Target exclusive, he seems to be the go-to for this lighter-Batman type of project.

4. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Must be basing the cartoon on those crappy toys that have been clogging retailer shelves for well over a year now. Maybe someone will actually buy them!

5. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
  6. Geterman

Geterman Second Coming of Primus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Didn't care for Beware the Batman. Hope this one is going to be a more traditional Batman. Also I would like to see Greg Weisman work on this. I really liked how Young Justice handled the Bat-Family on that show.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    You're a bit behind. It's not a show, it's DTV like DC's other animated films.

8. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    DTV is okay with me, but wouldn't have minded another Batman series.... that wouldn't be shown on CN.

9. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hate the way Tim Drake/Red Robin looks

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Sounds interesting. Definitely something that my nephew and I will enjoy. I'm curious to see how the toys turn out. Especialy the batmobile, the T-rex, and whatever they have planned for role-play.

I wonder who they'll get to voice Green Arrow. Amell would be nice, but I'm not sure he'll fit the tone they're looking for. Freidle, who did the voice for the DC shorts, would be a good fit.

11. Geterman

Geterman Second Coming of Primus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Oops

12. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the only dc short of green arrow I remember was the dc showcase and Neil Donoague did the voice for that

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    There were a couple of DC shorts released last year that had Will Friedle voicing him. At least one featured Black Canary and one even had Cupid. What set these shorts apart was that GA's bow had a built-in AI that could talk to him. I'll try and link to one here shortly.

Edit: Here we go.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na-z10pfWNQ

14. GamerSlyRatchet

GamerSlyRatchet Well-Known Member

I'll try to keep my mind open. Not a fan of the dependence on the toy-line. Beware was very good and it deserved better treatment. Hopefully it will at least be funny and witty like Brave and the Bold.

I gotta say, though, between this, Vixen, Gods and Monsters, and the current DTVs, it's great to see WB and DC keeping their animation projects away from CN.

15. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I see no reason for a new Batman cartoon right now. It just won't compare to TAS or BatB. Then again, since The Batman and Beware were awful series, it does seem like every other Batman cartoon is good, so it could be good. Of course, the reasons why those two work is because of its style. TAS was clearly inspired to tell the stories in a Film Noir-like style and the characters were similar to the versions from the 70s and 80s. Brave and the Bold mimicked the style of all of the eras of Batman while giving it more of a late Silver Age tone overall. Both The Batman and Beware had nothing defining to themselves as they were just copying off the styles of other shows at the time. Not to mention the lack of solid writing.

16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

With more people moving away from traditional TV towards other methods of getting content it seems like a good idea. Little kids of today might one day say what the heck was cable?

But yea some animation for the older set would be nice as well. Even when the Batman movie are great the constraints of film making leave you with just a few hours of Batman across years. I like the live action series, but being a prequel to getting in a suit and fighting crime means some hard limits for Gotham. Really need a cartoon to do all the things a movie and live action series just can't do.

Maybe it's time to think outside of the box and say hey Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, and Bob's Burgers cut it as cartoons for adults so maybe superheroes could be prime time entertainment for the whole family.

17. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I think the biggest problem is how the market is run.

Animated shows like the ones listed exist because they're comedies, for a lot of people those being adult cartoons is part of the joke, cause no mater how far geek culture has come, most people still see animation as a kids thing.

Most animated shows exist for the soul purpose to sell a product, usually toy lines. Kids toy lines. And if they don't sell well, the show then gets canceled.

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Finally DC Superfriends is a series. I hope David Kaye reprises Superman again.

19. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

20. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits: