Batman different animated series questions

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by MTME, Dec 5, 2012.

1. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi sorry I am trying to get through all the batman animated series and my husband has them all but they are all differently named and I don'tknow the order of them
    theres:
    Batman the animated series
    THE Batman
    Batman Beyond
    The new adventures of Batman
    Adventrues of Batman and Robin

what order do I need to watch these in I think certain season of one show was renamed into another and any help would be greatful. Please and thank you

oh yeahj and is there a special place where Batman Sub Zero and Mask of the phantasm and and Batmnan Chase me come in?

2. dinobot1

dinobot1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here goes

Batman the animated series
    Mask of the Phantasm
    Adventures of Batman and Robin
    Batman Sub Zero
    The new adventures of Batman
    Batman: mystery of the batwoman
    Chase me is a short with the above
    Batman Beyond
    Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker

And The Batman is not related to them.

3. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    thank you so much
    now I can't find the adventures of batman and robin where it used to be could it be under something else like the final season of one of these series was renamed adventures of batman and robin??
    and where does THE Batman come in? (5 seasons starting with bat in the belfrey other episodes are the big chill, the laughing bat, a matter of family, and a mirror darkly)

4. dinobot1

dinobot1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's actually the third season of Batman: the Animated Series.

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    THE Batman was a separate series, came out after the Batman: TAS stuff, and after Justice League as well, though at the same time as Justice League Unlimited. The Batman aired in 2004.

6. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    There also a justice league unlimited episode that is the series final of batman beyond set 20 years after batman beyond.

7. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Which doesn't make a lick of sense unless you've watched that season of Justice League as well (and with Justice League itself making many rewarding callbacks to the entire DCAU up to that point, might as well watch the whole thing), so don't go thinking that you need to go out and watch that right after Batman Beyond. The episode in question is "Epilogue", the second season finale of Justice League Unlimited.

8. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    thanks everybody I appreciate it!
    Isn't it weird that they would call a middle season of batman the animated series the adventrues of batman and robin, I show that BTAS was 5 season seems weird to retitlr a middle season like that

9. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    I have the DVD's as well and on the later season..I think it was the last one..they actually give you the choice of the Adv. of B & R opening..or continue with the B:TAS series opening. I kept switching back and forth on each disc. :popcorn 

Loved all the animated series...now I have a bunch of movies to watch over the holidays...thankfully most of them are on BR now...yay.

Nothing says Christmas like Batman. :D 

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  10. godotislate

godotislate S-Secret Police?!

News Credits:
    Fox Kids made WB Animation change the title and add more of a focus on Robin because the show skewed toward older kids. They were hoping that more appearances by the "kid sidekick" would be more appealing to younger viewers. (Though, at this time Robin was already college-aged, so...).

The New Batman Adventures didn't get produced until 2 or 3 years later, and that series aired on Kids WB, not Fox Kids, so that's why there was another title change. (As well as a art design change made in part to once again appeal more to younger kids.)