Batman Annual #25 - Or, how Jason Todd came back. Lots of spoilers.

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by thefrozenred, Mar 4, 2006.

1. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    For anyone that doesn't know, Red Hood Annual #1 is a crappy fan-modification of Batman Annual #25. I'm not sure if it's trying to be funny or what, but it's definitely unenjoyable.

2. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

It would be funnier if it wasn't canon.

I mean really ... as far as resurrections go it doesn't get much weaker than that. (Looks at ending of FF "Hereafter".)

-XCN-

3. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    For the Barry thing, has anyone though it might be Bart as the Flash? I mean, it looks like Superboy has aged. Maybe the Speed Force sped up their aging.

Ben was a Spiderman clone from way back in Amazing Spidey 149 with the Jackal. Apparently it was revealed that he made more than one attempt at cloning Spiderman. Kaine was the first successful attempt. In successful, he didn't die. Ben was the first to not decompose. Ben pretty much lived on the lamb. Eventually he found out Aunt May was dying and came back to see her. Runs into an insane Spidey and becomes the Scarlet Spider.

Kaine follws Ben to kill him. Later it is learned that Kaine wants to kill Ben because tests show Ben is the real Peter and Reter is the clone. Kaine wants the fake to live a real life. Doc Ock also dies at Kaine's hand.

Aunt may dies somewhere in here.

Peter also goes to jail. Can't remember why. Gets released after some big trial.

Somehow the Jackal also returns. (note, the jackal also just recently returned in Punisher/Daredevil)

Peter moves to Oregon and ben takes over as Spidey. Nothing important happens. Eventually Peter comes back to NY and becomes Spidey again. Norman Osborn returns somewhere in ther as well. In some big epic battle, Ben takes a glider through the chest and dies. He decomposes on top of a car and thus it is revealed that he is and was the clone all along.

Whew.

4. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

For the end of Ben, see my new sig ;) 

5. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    But...but he had such a cool costumer and gizmos. Ben deserves more respect!;) 

6. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

....What?

I like you. :) 

I hate you. You're mean. :cry 

7. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Yep, the latest Punisher Daredevil has the Jackal. I honestly don't remember to much of the series because it wasn't that good. I just love watching the Punisher constantly humiliate DD. Anyway, the Jackal returns as a wing man for some big business guy. Punisher remembers how he was originally used by the Jackal. Also, they keep calling him "Professor" meaning it might actually be Professor Warren. But it's never explained, at least I don't remember it being explained.

8. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    i think it was just explained that he used to be the jackal, now hes calling himself the professor...i started that series, then picked up the last 3 issues in the dollar bin...it wasnt that good..and i love both characters...oh well...