Batman Annual #25 - Or, how Jason Todd came back. Lots of spoilers.

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by thefrozenred, Mar 4, 2006.

1. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:

Infinite Crisis #5 spoiler....

Barry IS back. :p 

End Infinite Crisis #5 spoiler.

2. drippy

drippy Well-Known Member

3. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Haven't read Infinate Crisis #5 I see. Because you'd know he's back. :p 

4. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

News Credits:
    Yup. At the bottom on the right (Nightwing #118).

"Just For Men"... explanation is good enough for me. Or maybe he was forced to help Magneto once upon a time.

5. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Thanks for that, as I didn't quite understand exactly how Superboy Prime affected things.

And I have to agree with this. It's well done. I've enjoyed both "Under The Hood" and "GL Rebirth," but it just doesn't sit right with me. I want Marvel to bring Slingers back, but at the same time, I don't want them to cheapen Eddie by bringing him back from the dead (even if I hate that/how he died).

And yeah, Barry's back. I don't mean any disrespect to his fans, but it totally ruins his sacrafice. His story was done. There was no reason to bring him back, especailly after 20 years.

6. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire Yamato is go! ;D

Just to throw this out there, everyone is saying that its Superboy busting out of the "paradise" but what if, IF its the result of Superboy fixing his mistakes at the end of the crisis going on now? Since this annual came out in the same week as "one year later" Perhaps Superboy was trying to fix things, and got most of it right. Maybe we are given a glimpse of what happened at the end of crisis a year ago......
    Just food for thought.

7. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

The only comic death worth reversing is Ben Reilly. Everyone else should stay dead. DEAD!

8. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So who is saying that Barry is back? They just said Flash in the issue. Personally I thought it was Wally who returned, not Barry.

9. DevilzFan

Re-read the issue. It's Barry. Just look at the costume. The Belt, and the wings on the boots, are Barry's costume. Wally has a different belt, and no wings on the boots.

10. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    ok, so i also agree its barry, but who says hes going to stick around...theyve always said that barry would pop up from time to time, and he showed up in issue 4, but just briefly, and now he made it back, but it doesnt say hes going to stick around...and as for bringing people back, its just something they have to do...it doesnt really bother me....theres so much magic and suspension of belief in comics that anythings possible...i actually really liked this story, and didnt even think about superboy being the cause for this...but thats just my opinion...

11. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't hold my breath for Barry Allen to stay around for long. I think he just managed to jump out of the Speed Force long enough to warn someone that Emoboy Prime is back and whinier than ever. Although, stopping to think about it, the Speed Force is supposed to be gone, which begs the question of just where the hell did Barry come from?

I can agree to that. With the one exception of Jade. She may have just died last month, but I still want her to pull her cute green butt back to the land of the living ASAP.

12. Lumpy

News Credits:
    why does everyone love ben reilly so much? i never read anything he was in, so im curious...and thats a good point about the speed force being gone...maybe thats why SBprime got out, cuz its gone...but i guess itll be explained....

EDIT: he was in ultimate spiderman, ive read through carnage, and i remember him there, but he wasnt anything amazing...just a lab tech i think

13. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Ben Reilly was Spider-Man's clone, and was basically Peter with a different lease on life. He also had an updated costume and weapons, and wasn't bound by the same things as Peter (wife, steady job, massive gallery of rogues, etc).

Ben Reilly, from my understanding, was basically a chance to reboot Spider-Man.

EDIT: Also, Ben Reilly in the Ultimate verse and Ben Reilly in the 616-verse are completely different characters in all ways. Everyone loves the 616-Ben, and Bendis pretty much put Ben into Ultimate Spider-Man to build hype, chatter, sales, etc, until everyone found out he was a red herring.

14. Lumpy

News Credits:
    ah, ok...thats kinda cool...but, then he died..and the reboot ended?

15. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I find it utterly hilarious that Superboy Prime inadvertantly smoothed continuity over by PUNCHING REALITY WITH HIS FISTS. :lol 

16. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    If I remember he died (and disintegrated into dust) by the hands of the original Green Goblin (Norman Osborn). Apparently, Osborn, returned from the grave, was the main "puppeteer" manipulating all the events and people in the whole Clone Saga, etc, etc. I think there's other details, but my brain hurts trying to remember stuff from Maximum clonage.

I think Wreckgar/DevilzFan can provide a much better and accurate explanation since it's been awhile since I dug up my old Spidey comics.:D 

As for the annual, overall I enjoyed it.

17. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    I can't decide which was better, the return of Jason or the return of Bucky.

18. Max Con

Max Con Powa, geysuh!

So ... did anybody here about Red Hood Annual #1? Filled in some loose ends and plotholes.

Let's just say this ... Batmite.

I don't think it's a real issue, sadly. Although it made more sense than Batman Annual #25.

19. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Except that Devz will fill his explanations with "Ben Reely is the suXXors & stoopid." Because Devz is a smelly poo-poo head. :p 

20. DevilzFan

BANNED!!

Oh right. Nevermind. Carry on then.

PS - Ben Reely is the suXXors & stoopid.