Heavy/Scratch: "BarCee" The Barbie/Transformers crossover-project

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by KINGBOTZ, Jul 6, 2018.

?

Which final-look do you want to see on BarCee's face

1. Original Arcee-face, with custom blue-eyes & pink-skin

64.4%
  2. Half-human, half-robotic hybrid face

42.2%
  3. Totally human-face, unaltered & original flesh-color of doll

8.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. KINGBOTZ

KINGBOTZ www.KINGBOTZ.com

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Introducing "BarCee", a Barbie/Transformers crossover-project I've had orbiting my conceptual-manifesto for 5 years now, finally landing on the workbench & materializing. -Sorry if the bare-breasted appearance of the doll is too revealing for some, but that's how it looks for now with the plastic blouse removed until I can build her paneling to cover it.....This is of course an "Arcee" bust in development, based on the "Primp & Polish" oversized Barbie-doll-head, heavily-modified & destined to become something much greater. I picked up this doll-head 5 years ago at a thrift-store with this sole-purpose in mind, imagining what a beautiful base for an Arcee it would make.....and after sitting in the closet stored-away all this time, it's finally happening....

With that said, at this point, I had an initial-vision of what I wanted to do with this concept, but I'm a bit torn as to what direction I want to go with it now that it's materializing & taking-shape, and I'm kind-of at a cross-road. Initially, I wanted to create a robotic/human hybrid-form of Arcee, with the helmet as-is, but the face partially-robotic & the other half left as human, exhibiting a bizarre & unique-balance as a humanoid-fembot. The face is so realistic & symmetrical, it became harder & harder to ponder covering it up & completely-altering it, so this presented somewhat of a conflict......Right now I've basically got 3 options...... (1) Half-human/Barbie-face, half-robotic/Arcee-face, (2) Arcee-helmet as-is with completely-human face as-is, and/or (3) TOTAL Arcee, with custom-eyes & painted-face to resemble the cartoon/movie-version of Arcee. Thinking of creating a voting-poll to help narrow it down for quicker & easier responses.....Comments, critiques, feedback & input appreciated! Thanks in advance, Til All Are One! :rock 

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  2. KINGBOTZ

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    A few more W.I.P. pics....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Unicron9

Unicron9 Fan and customizer of the TAWYS

That's really interesting Kingbotz. I'm discussing a commission with a customer to do a 1/6 scale humanized Arcee using a Phicen/TBLeague body. This caught my eye because the head could end up kind of similar to what you have going on here.

• Like Like x 1
  4. KINGBOTZ

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Nice!! Not enough Arcee-customs out there for some reason. I've been wanting to do this forever, and finally got the spare-time to do it. So are you gonna be scratch-building the paneling for yours or borrowing from existing figures?

5. Unicron9

Unicron9 Fan and customizer of the TAWYS

I'll probably just be removing the hair then sculpting the helmet on. Might use a few parts if I can find anything that will work though.

• Like Like x 1
  6. RobotKnight95

RobotKnight95 Unamused and Insane

News Credits:
    I say go full Arcee. Human Arcee You'd need to keep the hair
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. KINGBOTZ

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I agree! It's quickly becoming clear that 100% Arcee is the way to go, thanks for the feedback! :rock 

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gaia Saber

Gaia Saber Young G1 fanboy and shy customizer

Gettin some Bride of Pinbot vibes here
    7788CC33-F4B1-4E0E-A7F0-D799B34002E0.jpeg

• Like Like x 2