Bandai's ROBOT Spirits/Damashii

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by cheetorBWORG, Jun 16, 2009.

1. treatment

treatment Well-Known Member

To me, idiotic and obsolete refers to the old tiny misproportioned waist/torso style it and the other old Gundam RDs had.

The ANIME line is the new RD standard, with better waist proportions and newer joint systems.

Regardless if Bandai ever specifically remakes the Wing-RDs under the new ANIME style/line.

2. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How many Dom Tropems is everyone getting? I think three needed to go with the Xamel

3. MechaFanboy

MechaFanboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tamashii web exclusive.

• Like Like x 2
  4. treatment

treatment Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  5. MechaFanboy

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Quite an impressive arsenal.

• Like Like x 6
  6. TattooedRobot

TattooedRobot Too Much Horror Business TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I gotta disagree I think “obsolete” is an overstatement. RDs always improve over time and ANIME figures are the best to date but that doesn’t make a narrow waist obsolete. There are far worse RD in need of a refresh than the Wing suits. Like that F91 that just got shown.

All better now.

• Like Like x 1
  7. OptionZero

News Credits:

Bazooka, rifle, sturmfaust x2, hip grenades x2, heat saber, 4 extra pairs of hands
    That’s well worth it

gimme 3

• Like Like x 1
  8. Quickwing

Quickwing Devasia Mentality

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Personally I have mixed feelings about the joint engineering of the ver ANIME, some things work better other things just don't. Same thing with aesthetics, accuracy to the onscreen appearance or lineart of the onscreen appearance for shows older than the year 2000 just... it's very hit or miss, more miss the older the design is. The anime is great for giving designs context, but for my money I would rather have something either more dynamic or more refined.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Icebot

Icebot Well-Known Member

D-Hell is the only one that I would say is more reserved in the EW design. I was never a huge fan of either. Only Wing RD I skipped. I do think the Tallgeese III is fun and the Serpents aren’t bad.

Heavyarms was my favorite and the EW version felt like a 90’s superhero with entirely too many pockets. I never liked the double-Gatling upgrade so to have four and then lose the knife feels like Looney Tunes. They should have just made the entire armor dotted with misses head to tow.

And Bandai making Deathscythe and Shenlong exclusives was a pain. Took some patience but I eventually both for around $40 each. I wonder what research they had that told them to make the early suits harder to get.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
  10. Monari

Monari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    G Gundam desensitized me to over the top designs and actually made me start appreciating them.

You will believe a Gundam can wear a sombrero ese.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

G Gundam basically ruined most other Gundam for me. I love it! I’m glad too because it helps me not buy the seemingly endless amounts of Gundams there are.

12. TattooedRobot

TattooedRobot Too Much Horror Business TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah and Deathscythe was pretty loose too. it was just a way to gouge cash. They love making popular characters everyone has to have exclusives. Think I paid $80 for Deathscythe years ago.

13. Predaking000

Predaking000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the posting the pics. Didn't know it was coming so soon. Anything that indicates the continuation of 0083 is good news. But I'm dying for a GM Custom and Powered GM.

Yeah, ever since I first watched 0083 way back when, the suits from that show have become my favorite--the GP-01 is my favorite Gundam, the GMs are my favorite GMs, the Gelgoog Marines are my favorite Gelgoogs and favorite Zeon suits period (though the Gouf Custom is a close second). Recently rewatched my Blu-rays...just a well-paced story with strong plotting (if somewhat sketchy character development). At least no child pilot/whiny/Newtype/naked floating bodies bullshit. Just hot-blooded military robot action.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  14. OptionZero

News Credits:
    Bandai needs to get off its ass and also give us the feddie colored Zaku so we can recreate this:

[​IMG]

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I agree. The ver Anime’s don’t render the old ones obsolete. Quite the opposite. I love the look of the existing Wing RDs, because to me they look like what the tv show was “trying” to look like. They’re dynamic, sharp, and badass. The ver Anime’s are cool, but if you’re not into the way they looked in the anime you’re not gonna be super into the RD.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Icebot

Icebot Well-Known Member

I love all the wacky designs in G Gundam but the whole show just had that energy. It worked for it. We’ll be in trouble if they start diving deeper into that series.

• Like Like x 2
  17. sumyumgoy

sumyumgoy Member

Definitely, I would love a few feddie Zakus! We're still missing a few 0080 mechs too...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Gundamnit

Gundamnit Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    While I don't necessarily need any Gundam Wing EW suits, I think a Serpent would be pretty cool to have so long as it comes with the full loadout.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Sandrock EW is gorgeous. I don't hate the TV Sandrock at all (the recent HGAC actually really won me over to the design but tweaking it ever so slightly in proportions) but the EW version is just, I dunno, is beautiful even a word that belongs in Gundam? The pastel colours and pure white with the elegant shapes of the armour and the regal, yet sophisticated-looking helmet just looks amazing. It feels knightly without actually looking anything like a knight, like prestigious. It looks like it could be a main MS opposite the Tallgeese, which also felt very classy but a bit more utilitarian.

I also liked the Heavyarms Kai EW because it balanced an overstated design with understated colours. It felt like it evoked the clown motif without having to literally have super loud clown colours, right down to the colour balance of the armour evoking a stage performer in tights and poofy shirt.

The Serpent was the best grunt MS of Wing, and Wing probably had one of the most solid lineup of enemy infantry units.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  20. MechaFanboy

News Credits:
    Aura Fhantasm Vierrss is up on NY. It's a tamashii web exclusive, so only a handful of retail channels will be carrying it.

You are being redirected...