Bandai METAL BUILD Discussion

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by MechaFanboy, Jul 14, 2017.

1. DoubleeM404

DoubleeM404 Well-Known Member

Most likely not. We don’t get anything special over here lol

2. Cannon of Logic

Cannon of Logic Member

The Metal Robot Spirits “Special Color” Lupus Rex and Real Type Freedom/Justice were also Tamashii Store Event figures and we got them through the NY store, and we were able to purchase them online through the Tamashii Store page on US P-Bandai (hell the Freedom/Justice are both still in-stock to ship). Supposedly we’re also getting the Chogokin 50th stuff here aside from the VF-1 but afaik there’s been no news on that yet.

3. DoubleeM404

I hope we do get them. The floor prices are insane. Strike Freedom is starting at $600 and Destiny is $500 before shipping lol

4. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for posting the link! If Bandai release a ‘One Year War’ line and release Doms, Guncannon, Guntank, Z’gok etc I will ONLY the line.

Good grief. I got to get this…the aesthetic is super cheesy and yet bad ass. Rivals GGG IMO.

• Like Like x 2
  5. BulletSponge

BulletSponge Self admitted plastic-crack addict

Im still waiting for Bandai to release the standard GM they showed, oh what, 4 years ago?!
    Sleggars is great, but I want the basic red and white exploding newb suite.

I'd love to see the original gangsters from the 1yw get some more attention too. Especially since they are mostly clones in the SEED stuff.
    Plus the variants are endless

• Like Like x 2
  6. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yesssss…I want the standard GMs too. I will get 3 of them just like I did with the Zaku IIs too. I will buy at least 3 of each army builder MS to form a squad.

I have no idea why Bandai is not starting a metal build or metal composite One Year War line…they will make lots of cash.

Oh yeah, I want OG Nu Gundam and Sazabi too in 1/100 scale.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2024
  7. Scyla

Scyla Well-Known Member

@BulletSponge the Chogokin Sazabi is available at Anime Export for ¥74800: Anime-export

[edit:] sold out now.

I had the chance to see the figure in person at the Tamashii Nations store and it looks underwhelming in person if you compare it to a Metal Build figure. Lots of simple shapes and unpainted plastic. For examples look at the knee joints:

IMG_1707.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 2, 2024
  8. BulletSponge

Ouch
    That price makes it even more expensive than ordering direct from P-Bandai.

That said, your picture really highlights the underwhelming appearance of it too. Look at the hands and the lack of paint apps on the gray parts is the frame... I'm torn on this one. I LOVE the design of the Sazabi, so I'll still likely getting one, but you are totally right on the build quality. Makes me appreciate the 3rd party ver ka metal build figure even more. True 1:100 scale, fine detailing, and excellent paint applications.

Ugh...
    To I cancel my preorder ir not...

9. bakerjin

bakerjin Well-Known Member

Considering how much you love Sazabi's design, you might as well get it even though it's probably going to be underwhelming. You can pose it next to the Jiang Gao Sazabi as sort of a "G1 vs IDW Prime" type of display... or Sazabi vs Sazabi at home meme :)  Tho ironically the "Sazabi at home" in this case is the officially licensed one...

10. NemesPrime

NemesPrime Well-Known Member

YouTube (Custom URL):
    I wonder at this rate if and when we'll get a Sazabi/Nightingale Metal Build to display with the Hi v.
    Still waiting for the announcement for the HWS set to justify my 2nd copy.

11. Scyla

Scyla Well-Known Member

Here are a couple more images I took at the Tamashii Nations showroom from the various Gundam metal lines:
    IMG_1720.jpeg IMG_1719.jpeg IMG_1718.jpeg IMG_1717.jpeg IMG_1715.jpeg IMG_1714.jpeg IMG_1712.jpeg IMG_1711.jpeg IMG_1709.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  12. magmatron

magmatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only one that makes sense as a counterpart to the MB HI-Nu is the Nightingale, but considering how expensive the Robot Spirit version is I can't imagine the asking price for an MB version, or the required shelf space to display it.

13. BulletSponge

Get the re/100 version and call it a day. That thing is massive and the suit design makes articulation a limiting factor. The shoulders and tail sections are just huge.

Plus it would probably cost as much (or more) than the GN-Arms.

14. decops

decops Well-Known Member

One could always look to the re100 to imagine the shelf space required for one.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. decops

decops Well-Known Member

Lancelot with Lancelot

Attached Files:

16. ALS385

ALS385 Well-Known Member

As my first and probably only Lancelot figure, I'm glad I waited for this metal build. It's a relatively easy figure to pose, and just great to look at. Though if you want to start putting all of his weapons and wings on him the stand is a necessity as he won't stand up on his own with everything attached. The open wings command a lot of space so your going to want them on or just have the compact closed wing attached instead.
    20240601_085739.jpg 20240601_082739.jpg 20240601_080228.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  17. DoubleeM404

These photos made me pull the trigger on Dynames SAGA. I think it’s really unique suit design wise. I have Dynames Devise already but I think the new accessories and design will justify it.

interesting so the Strike Freedom and Destiny are re-issues of the first run with new decals. Ngl this makes the Soul Red and Blue more valuable in my eyes. The finish is sooooo much better

18. Sup3hobo

Sup3hobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How our the joints on your copy, I've seen some other records from Asia stating the qc ain't up to par.

19. ALS385

ALS385 Well-Known Member

I haven't had any issues with the joints on my copy. I haven't looked up any reviews so I didn't even know it was an issue.

20. Sup3hobo

Sup3hobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good to hear. I'm glad the lancelot made it out. It's been years since it's been teased.