Bandai METAL BUILD Discussion

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by MechaFanboy, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Legate

Legate RIP Kevin Conroy and Akira Toriyama

Just got my Metal Fix Wing Zero!
    Holy CRAP, this thing’s a UNIT. Great size, good articulation, awesome details… fml, now I’m gonna HAVE to get the rest. I might have stopped after the Deathscythe Hell, but I can’t not have the set now.
    God help my wallet…

• Like Like x 1
  2. Spinach

Spinach Well-Known Member

Well, you still have years to save up before Bandai start announcing the other Wing MS. Bandai will have to milk DS first...

I can't wait for mine as well, it will be my first MCGFF figure

• Like Like x 1
  3. Legate

The funny thing is, as I was typing that I was thinking to myself in partial jest that it would take ten years to finish the run…

• Like Like x 2
  4. NemesPrime

NemesPrime Well-Known Member

YouTube (Custom URL):
    • Like Like x 3
  5. bakerjin

bakerjin Well-Known Member

I didn’t preorder the MS Sazabi Rewloola Lab option set when it was available on PBandai because I wasn’t sure I’d be able to procure a Sazabi. Now it’s much too late to find it at a decent retail price. Does this option set seem essential for the Sazabi? Should I bother trying to hunt it down when it releases at after market prices? Seems like I wouldn’t even be able to utilize most of the pieces since they are just prototype replacement parts for the funnels and stuff, but that rifle is nice for sure.

6. BulletSponge

BulletSponge Self admitted plastic-crack addict

Essential?
    Absolutely not.

I suspect these will be available like the londo bell engineer set. Basically, at retail once they release. Before the release however, they were selling for stupid high mark-ups.

• Like Like x 2
  7. The Sum of Zero

The Sum of Zero Well-Known Member

As much as I want Zero EW and Deathscythe Hell EW, I think it'll be better for both my wallet and my amount of display space if I just stick to the Frozen Teardrop releases.

Already have Snow White Prelude, and they basically already admitted to planning a Warlock release. Just remains to be seen if we get Prometheus and Scheherazade, or heaven forbid, Epyon White.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Spinach

Quick question for those who orders from Anime-Export outside of Japan, do you know if they declare the full value of the toys/products or not when sending?

Note - I should know this since I have bought from them a couple of times, I just never checked and have got rid of the shipping boxes/receipts.

9. Legate

I buy from them pretty extensively but I have no idea.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ArkhamSoldier

ArkhamSoldier Broke as heck

News Credits:
    They underdeclare

• Like Like x 1
  11. Spinach

Thanks Arkham!!! I asked because currently I have 3 items ready to shipped with them (and 2 more to be released in a couple of months), and that Sea Shipping to Australia is back on. Was thinking whether to wait for those 2 items to ship it together but this will go over our Tax Threshold here in Australia. Otherwise, it will be cheaper for me to split the shipments in two.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Juraash

Juraash Well-Known Member

Got my Noble Wing Zero on Friday and got to take a look at it. I'll preface this by saying I'm happy with it overall. I do have some small paint blemishes on mine, which is something my MB 2020 EVA 02 had as well. Thankfully, they aren't as obvious as on 02. My copy's joint tolerances are kind of all over the place though. Some feel really smooth, some feel tight AF (thigh rotation), and a few feel like they're on the brink of being loose. Wing was my Gundam intro and it's a pretty foundational piece of media for me so I'm glad I have this. While I might grab another one or two, my experience with this over the weekend has all but solidified that I don't need to invest in the entire crew.

It's smaller and more expensive than something from Moshow or (some) releases from CCS and the QC, from my limited experience, isn't as good. Heck even comparing it to other Bandai lines, I've had better QC luck and experiences with their DX Macross and Soul of Chogokin releases. Now granted, I don't have every release from either, but basically every item I've bought from those lines has essentially been flawless.

13. HxiiiK

HxiiiK Well-Known Member

Just got the last piece of my Crossbone collection today, late to join but can't argue with >30k yen total shipped
    Now I can rest in piece with all 5 Crossbones in hand, at least until Bandai decides to do more

Come on Bandai, Phantom and Ghost please? :cool: 

20230327_205544.jpg

Also recently picked up my Strike Noir too. Absolutely LOVE it, it has no right looking so damn good but I'm so glad it does.

20230319_113111.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  14. Spinach

Everyday I gravitate towards the Strike Noir more and more!!! Definitely a keeper!!!

15. HxiiiK

HxiiiK Well-Known Member

Surprisingly the price of it isn't too bad at the moment if you'd like to jump in right now, it's a really good looking figure albeit a bit thin box-wise, but I absolutely love mine
    If you love strike noir in any of its iterations, I cannot recommend this one enough. It does the Strike Noir design huge justice

• Like Like x 1
  16. Spinach

I should have been more elaborate, I meant each time I look at my display, I tend to gravitate more towards the Strike Noir over other ones like the SF/Destiny…

17. HxiiiK

HxiiiK Well-Known Member

Oops I figured you might have meant that after I posted my reply, anyway I do agree, I unfortunately do not have the more elaborate ones like SF or Destiny, but simple always does it best for me hence the Strike Noir

• Like Like x 1
  18. ArkhamSoldier

ArkhamSoldier Broke as heck

News Credits:
    MoshowToys - Lancelot FB_IMG_1680059572532.jpg FB_IMG_1680059574501.jpg FB_IMG_1680059576404.jpg FB_IMG_1680059578258.jpg FB_IMG_1680059580063.jpg FB_IMG_1680059581833.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  19. Spinach

20. poor man

poor man Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lowest I've seen is 38k yen before shipping on Mandarake. Is it cheaper somewhere else, or is that already a good price?