Baltimore/DC Meetup

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Nez Pierce, Jul 30, 2010.

?

Best day of week to meet in general...

1. Sunday

39.6%
  2. Monday

2.1%
  3. Tuesday

2.1%
  4. Wednesday

6.3%
  5. Thursday

4.2%
  6. Friday

14.6%
  7. Saturday

72.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Nez Pierce

Nez Pierce @evildanish

News Credits:
    Branching out from the suddenly active DC/MD sightings thread, there's some ground-level interest in a meetup. Baltimore Comicon is coming a month from now, August 28 and 29. It's in a central location, more or less. The only drawback is the sometimes lawless nature of Downtown B'more...anyone thinking of going?
    I'd be down for something a little more lowkey (dinner/lunch at some place like the Double T on 40 West, for example) as the 'Con itself has little to offer me, but others I'm sure will be more interested.
    Let's get this sucker rolling.

2. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    :lol  That pretty much sums it up here.

People who are interested should start throwing out dates. Think the weekends is best. Saturday or Sunday. I can't do anything on the weekend of August 15.

3. Nez Pierce

Nez Pierce @evildanish

News Credits:
    I grew up in B'more and survived the reprehensible educational system, although things have changed a little since I left 10 years ago.
    Sundays in general work well for me, although I can't do 8/15 either.
    In the evenings I have my daughter...she's a good little fan but if there's any trading or selling going on she may have quicker hands than we do.
    8/22 might be a good day if people are planning to hit the convention. that way we could arrange a car pool, maybe, or at least have facial recognition. Or form a gang. Whatever. I'm not going to the convention but I'd probably be down for something just to get the party started, so to speak.

4. Hotspot17

News Credits:
    I plan on hitting that convention just for the hell of it. If there's enough people who's going to the con, we can meet there. For those not going, we can head out during lunch time to meet. I think there's a Five's guys in the inner harbor where we can eat and hang out. We can try the other eatery too.

And people don't have to bring stuff to sell. Just come out to hang out.

5. Nez Pierce

Nez Pierce @evildanish

News Credits:
    Pretty lonely in here, h17....if I change my mind about the con we can at least synchronize a time or something.
    It's probably a good idea NOT to bring anything other than yourselves to the first meetup. It's always good to see actual people...I'm sure we all see enough plastic.

6. Hotspot17

News Credits:
    It always takes some time to build up the group.

If it doesn't happen, you and me can grab a burger and beer some where. :) 

7. Drake915

Drake915 Autobot Scout

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I should be free on the 22nd as well. Sorry didn't see this thread earlier. Been wanting to find some more fans since talking to the gf about transformers (who holds very little interest) just isn't the same. I'd be up for the comic-con if other people decide to go that route. Either way, i'll keep checking this thread or you can let me know.

8. Shipley

Shipley extremely online

News Credits:
    I'm more likely to be free on a Sunday than any other day, count me in.

9. Nez Pierce

Nez Pierce @evildanish

News Credits:
    Can we place ourselves geographically, generally speaking? Shipley's about 45 minutes west of Baltimore...I'm halfway between him and downtown, roughly. Drake and Hotspot...are you guys north, east, south, west, central in town?
    Anyone who hits the thread and hasn't responded, feel free to jump in. The more the merrier. I know we have some active posters in Gaithersburg, as well as one or two more out west.

10. Hotspot17

News Credits:
    I live close to Fell's Point in Baltimore.

11. kamtimus_prime

kamtimus_prime Radicon Visionary

I am down, it would be great to meet. I live near Johns Hopkins Hospital but will go anywhere it does not matter to me. Just name a time and a place and if I'm free I'm there!

12. Drake915

Drake915 Autobot Scout

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I live in essex, off of 702 (which is off of 695 near golden ring area, i.e. rt 40 TRU).

13. sportinmorton

sportinmorton Decepticon Beer-Tester

Well, it looks as if I'm the only one who would be coming from WMD, but I'd love to hang with some fans and maybe strike up a few deals. I can be in B-more in 2 and 1/2 (from Frostburg). What dates are good besides the 22nd?

14. Nez Pierce

Nez Pierce @evildanish

News Credits:
    Cumberland's a pretty good hike to or from...are you coming to Comicon on the 28th or 29th? I might have to hit you up for a couple of your parts... :) 
    So far Sundays seem like the consensus pick as far as days of the week to meet up. I'm out of commission for the next two Sundays.
    By the way, completely off-topic...does When Pigs Fly still operate out that way? I have fond memories of the onion loaf there...

15. sportinmorton

sportinmorton Decepticon Beer-Tester

Sadly no, Pigs has been reduced to the annals of history. JJ's is still fully functional, but I have to find an excuse to justify the drive to Cumberland (we moved to Frostburg in June).

Comicon sounds goodly. Are there usually a good many bot-heads in attendance?

16. michaera

michaera Well-Known Member

Hey all, just now catching up and reading the boards (thanks Nez Pierce). I live in Columbia, but should be able to meet up almost anywhere on a Sunday afternoon.

17. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey, I might be able to make it too. i never knew about the baltimore con? is it a very small con?, big con? any toys there? any well known stars? image artists? it would be cool to go to the harbor once again. im about 45mins from there. any pics of past events?

18. Shipley

Shipley extremely online

News Credits:
    I'd definitely be in for a Fells Point meet up. My Dad lives down there and I can drop the wife and baby off without regret for an afternoon out.

19. Hotspot17

News Credits:
    Yeah, in the past I got tons of good TF parts from sportinmorton. Figured to get him involved.

If you guys see other members between Baltimore and DC, just forward them the link to see if we can get more people. Hate to say it but spam them. :lol 

20. Nez Pierce

Nez Pierce @evildanish

News Credits:
    I love everything about Fell's Point except for the parking...parking blows in general. A TF fan bar crawl would be hilarious.
    One of us keeps mentioning Five Guys...I've never been, but I've also never met the burger I didn't like. Does that sound like a good place? The Glen Burnie location is in a prime hunting zone...Columbia, too, although it's either in or around Columbia Mall.
    Thoughts? Suggestions?