BadCube's Claymore, Hypno, and Kickbutt (Masterpiece Style Insecticons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by nellie131, Jan 25, 2015.

1. DubV

DubV Lighten up, Francis.

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. M Alex

M Alex Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Remember when I said that I won't get the entire FT set? Well, I did. And my opinion holds: neither is the clear winner. Right know I think I'll keep my BC in bot mode, and FTs in bug mode. But I came here to share some comparison pics :) 

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 16
  3. Craigmcgowan1984

Craigmcgowan1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I think a mix and match from the 3 sets of FT Badcube and MMC would probably net the best grouping as none of them pull off all 3 perfectly.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

From your pics I feel that Badcube takes Kickback, FT takes Shrapnel (except for the face), and neither really pulls off Bombshell. :lol 

• Like Like x 3
  5. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme One of the longest handles in the fandom!

Ebay:
    Each time I see the BadCubes compared to the FT, I'm glad I went BadCube. I will say the FT Shrapnel does look better than the BC mainly because of the upper arms, but everything else I prefer BadCube.

• Like Like x 3
  6. DubV

DubV Lighten up, Francis.

News Credits:
    The Badcube bugs are great. I got the collector version from BBTS and it’s one of the purchases I’m most happy with in my collection. You can’t go wrong with them!

• Like Like x 1
  7. King Nergil

King Nergil Humanoid anchovy

Many would argue that this is the creme de la creme: FT Bombshell, BC Shrapnel, MMC Kickback. Of course your mileage may vary.:wink: 

• Like Like x 3
  8. crdavismusic

crdavismusic Vectron Labs-Only Collector

News Credits:
    That's where I live. I'm hoping for a KO of FT Bombshell so I can sub him out for the BC one.

I can't for the life of me get BadCube Bombshell to stand up without tipping over!

• Like Like x 2
  9. marioxb

marioxb Well-Known Member

My most recent acquisitions. Love them all! One of Bumblebee's door foot windows broke off. :(  Gotta get that fixed. The energy conductors came with Origins Bumblebee and the jet pack I got on eBay from an MP21G. It was missing the straps, but they probably wouldn't fit on this guy anyway. I'll come up with something. Absolutely love the yellow painting @Rainax did on these Insecticons I bought from him!
    20230215_101859.jpg 20230216_001917.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  10. Bubble Machine

Bubble Machine Well-Known Member

I'm mostly into FT these days. I did pick up the BC insecticons around when I first started collecting. FT isn't that much better or the same to me and BC cost much less. I plan on keeping BC and not getting the FT.

I also prefer the Gigapower Dinobots but that's for another thread.

• Like Like x 2
  11. crdavismusic

crdavismusic Vectron Labs-Only Collector

News Credits:
    I would love to pick up FT Grenadier, because my Badcube Bombshell just doesn't want to stand up straight, but the other two Badcube Insecticons are great IMO and especially for the price.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    The Insecticons so nice, I bought them twice! (I got the standard editions for toon AND the Deluxe editions for toy deco)

To this day, their Bombshell is the only one that actually converts from the show-accurate grey chest to the show-accurate purple insect torso; i wish his legs were better but I can manage. And having had (and moved on) the FT insecticons in the past, BC's Shrapnel and Kickback are just objectively better, both lacking inelegant kibble and in Kickback's case not being fucking terrifying to transform. BC's generally have much better thought-out, clever transformations, like the way Kickback's bug legs slot into the back of his robot legs, and the aforementioned kibble management to get show-accurate backs.

I also picked up a set of the MMC Insecticons when they were cheap (like $80 for the whole set which is pretty much mainline prices for figures that size) and while they clearly have less love put into them than either FT or BCs, they work fine as insect mode versions/clones and complement the standard edition BCs well because they use very similar purples and yellows. In terms of which set I'd recommend out of the three MP scaled options, it's BadCube's, easily.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Yertle

Yertle Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The head gun sheered off the stalk on my collector edition Hypno/Bombshell since the hinge was so tight. I glued it once but just trying to transform it was too much pressure rotating the gun to the back of the head. It’s a shame there aren’t really that many junkets or solo pieces floating around to harvest a new head. At the time of purchase I conducted my store, but badcube has never responded to them about getting a replacement head

14. King Nergil

I'vè just bought a toy set of these guys to have some variation next to my FT ones. Will let everyone know how I feel about them. ;) 

Last edited: Mar 2, 2023
  15. Zaq5322

Zaq5322 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I love this set however my Kickback showed up with a bad stress mark across the clear yellow chest piece. Any suggestions or ideas on how to fix it other than painting it actual yellow?

16. imest

imest Well-Known Member

Try a hair dryer on it? Warm water? Not sure either will fix it if it is the clear plastic version.

17. King Nergil

Wow. Almost 10 years after their first release I gave in and bought a set of the BC bugs. I must say that I'm absolutely digging them. They are bigger than I thought and look impressive. Also the chrome really pops. I think I actually prefer the facesculpt on BC Shrapnel and Kickback over the FT versions, but I bought them for their alt mode. So this is how I'll display them. They maybe have too many balljoints on them, Shrapnel's waist and Bombshell's legs aren't very elegant and Kickback is not that stable in alt mode. But tbh if I didn't already have the FT ones I'd be happy with these as my MP Insecticons. I wouldn't have thought that.
    20230305_233123.jpg
    20230304_151848.jpg 20230304_151800.jpg

Last edited: Mar 5, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
  18. marioxb

marioxb Well-Known Member

I just got em last month. First Insecticons I've had since G1. I think they're the most screen accurate versions. I think I got the best of both worlds, since I have the chrome and the Bombshell with the "color changing" chest and the clear pieces were custom painted to solid yellow. Now if only someone would make cartoon accurate Dinobots!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  19. King Nergil

Agreed on the Dinos. But as for the Insecticons the FT ones have a much better built quality. Their materials and their overall shape in bot mode is better than the BC set. I now can say that. But BC get the engeneering and the facesculpt right. Both have beautiful alt modes. A mix between the two would be the perfect version.

• Like Like x 1
  20. M Alex

M Alex Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    If anyone has a collector version of Bombshell for sale, I'm interested. Can be damaged as long as the legs (particularly the knees) are ok.