BadCube's Claymore, Hypno, and Kickbutt (Masterpiece Style Insecticons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by nellie131, Jan 25, 2015.

1. MV Steve

MV Steve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I see it for sure. I'm not a big fan of the ball joints but they're smaller bots so not such a big deal for me. I know things will look totally different in person but pouring through all the pics, those bulkier proportions and gappy limbs seem to disappear in certain poses, but what I can't unsee with Fts in any pose or angle is how Bombshells waist and legs dont look like the toon at all and I dont care for Shrapnels thighs or Kickbacks hips. As much as the back kibble is the worst on Fts, I give it a pass because so many bots end up with backpacks that we deal with.

So it's really been a while since considering and looking at the bugs (around when preorders went up at Bombusbee) that I stopped comparing pics and said "not buying Fts, got the BC preorder so I'm waiting on those then will check out MMCs and circle back around and see what's going on with Ft and think about it then", but talking about them today made me start comparing all over again and while I see the same things i liked and didnt, they all look different in a good way which is tempting me to just get it over with and pick up a set of MMCs from TCP then start looking for Fts at a possible better price, if that's possible. What a dilemma!
    unFIgrX5_o.png

• Like Like x 4
  2. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    The MMC set stack up great.

• Like Like x 3
  3. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    No one really got the overall looks of Bombshell right in robot mode. FT's looks the best in my eyes, but the Badcube one just looks weird.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, my original plan before the re-issue was Badcube for the bugs but with FT for Bombshell cause he’s the only BC robot mode I don’t like.

• Like Like x 3
  5. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    They sacrificed everything for a single trick (grey chest in bot mode, purple chest in bug mode for the regular edition) that no one really asked for.

• Like Like x 4
  6. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Does that feature hide in the legs? Never paid attention to how it works.

7. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    Yes it does. The Collector's Edition Bombshell however does not have that trick.

• Like Like x 2
  8. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You mean I get the chunky legs without the side benefit! Not cool! If they weren't changing the legs why eliminate the feature? Is this an area where I'm hearing die cast is added:rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 1
  9. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    In this game, die cast is everything.

5guesv.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

I asked for it, it's the main selling point of the set for me and I hope Takara includes it if they ever make an Insecticon set.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Mks

Mks Well-Known Member

Pay the balance email from show.z this morning, nice!

• Like Like x 3
  12. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
    Checked my junk email folder after I saw your post and saw the invoice from Show Z.

I would’ve missed it if you didn’t share, thank you for posting.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

The MMC set are very good Insecticons, and for the price that I found for them on sale, I could not pass them up.

MMC's Kickback is kind of slender, and their Shrapnel has ironically a few too many pointy parts. Their Bombshell is elegant.

They are nearly devoid of diecast, and that's OK. The simplicity of the design and lightness required no extra mass.

(Frankly, a lot of other 3P MP companies could learn a lot by lightening up their designs so that parts don't shear off under the pure rotational/static loads of the weight of the parts. There are so many choices of plastic out there that they can do great things with the right material choices.)

I am wondering how mixing and matching the MMC set with the BC set will look. I want a beefier Kickback and a less fussy looking Shrapnel, and I like the MMC Bombshell look.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    In fairness, I've seen a number of people say that they really like this feature. If I get them, I'll never transform them, so count me among the group who'd rather it be proportioned better.

You don't have that trick... GOT 'IM!

If you do that and want to part with any members of either set, let me know. I'm still dwelling on whether or not I want a second set of bugs.

15. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You can never have enough bugs!
    download.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  16. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah yeah, I went down a whole other stupid path. Before the FT re-issue news I grabbed a Grenadier to go with BC, then saw you could still get mercenary new for pretty cheap so I picked him up too. Then the reissues were announced and I got a set plus a single Forager so I’m already doubled up and cancelled BC. I still like the look of them though.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Masimoed

Masimoed Well-Known Member

I started off with the MMC set as that was all that was available when I started collecting. Moved onto the BC set when I saw those available. Now I've landed on the FT set. They all have their pros & cons but I'm keeping FT's as my set.

18. Captain Sideways

Captain Sideways Well-Known Member

I messaged omegalock to cancel my BC set today and they told me it's due for release on the 20th. Just a heads up for anyone who might be waiting (that and I didn't read previous posts). So should be arriving at people's homes in the uk pretty soon

19. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
    Why are you cancelling? Just wondering, mostly budget for me because I’m waiting until after SDCC/July 23-25 to decide if I want to cancel.

I will say the ball joints/dated(?) design choices on the BadCube set kinda bugs me.

If I have to cancel I guess I would be fine with whatever Hasbro’s next take on the insecticons is.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Captain Sideways

Captain Sideways Well-Known Member

I cancelled as I picked to the fanstoys ones. I initially ordered them when it seems like they weren't going to be reissued and paid them off quickly, but then they got reissued. Granted it cost more but I like the figures and I've got space issues too. That and a few pre orders that are due soon which probably would benefit from the funds.
    I really like the Bad Cube ones for their lack of kibble, but the ft ones arrived first and I don't want to collect a swarm like some folks, so it's probably better I cancelled. but for those who don't want the FT versions, ball joints or not they still look pretty damn good

• Like Like x 3