BadCube's Claymore, Hypno, and Kickbutt (Masterpiece Style Insecticons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by nellie131, Jan 25, 2015.

1. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    fwiw, I sold the regular version pack that comes in the faux-wooden box for roughly their original MSRP about two months ago. They might go as high as 200 but should not go over that unless FT doesn't reissue theirs sometime in the next couple years.

2. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

I paid about 130$ (shipped) almost a year ago for the reissue value pack and they were semi hard to come by even then.

Almost lost my chance too, with an ebay scammer.

3. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looking back at it, it's insane how cheap that 'toon 3-pack was.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

Finally managed to pick these guys up after being burned by an ebay scammer earlier last year. They aren't the most "premium" figures in my collection, but they feel solidly built and I'm pleased with how they look with the rest of my season 1 Decepticons.

[​IMG]

This puts me at 5 out of 6 Badcube bots on my "to get list". Unfortunately, the 6th bot on my list is...Grump...

[​IMG]

Ugh. Fucking Grump. Why can't Badcube just reissue this guy? Oh right, they're dead, apparently. God damn it...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Red2

Red2 " ... and so the story goes ... "

DAAAAANNNNGG! That sucks about Grump. Though I'd say in my recent experience, just cause it's being offered at that price doesn't mean it will consistently sell at that price. Hope you find one.

I've eyeballed the collector's edition before, should've grabbed them way back when. I have all 3 FT bugs so I didn't bother. But now I'm thinking I should've gotten them so I could flip the FTs.

6. Leonwave

Leonwave Well-Known Member

Honestly even if fanstoys did reissue the bugs i'm not sure i'd even bother anymore, i'm happy with the badcube, even though yeah they are not quite "premium" i really like how poseable they are

• Like Like x 2
  7. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, that is how much it sold for. I've been watching Grump for awhile and his price just keeps going up, almost every time a seller lists him at a higher price he still ends up selling. I guess there are just too many collectors with deep pockets who are desperate to finish off their season 1 cast.

They really are cool little figures. After the whole Locke debacle I have a newfound appreciation for figures that simply manage to be put together well, even if it's not with the most premium materials and tons of diecast. These guys have smooth unblemished plastic that feels feels sturdy enough not to break, clean paint apps, good tolerances, and tight joints, and that's enough for me.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Red2

Red2 " ... and so the story goes ... "

Damn.

• Like Like x 1
  9. pilot00

The very fact that they look and pose decent coupled with the fact that you dont fear of breaking them if you mess with them is enough for me. Thats what Mp should be about. Not glorified statues....

• Like Like x 5
  10. Masimoed

Masimoed Well-Known Member

I have both MMC and Badcube Insecticons, the Badcube are definitely superior to MMC. Never had a chance to get FT's since I got into collecting late and I'm not looking to pay the late tax. From the comparisons I've seen I don't think there is a whole lot of difference between the FT and BC versions and like you said the BC ones don't feel like they are going to fall apart in your hands when transforming. It's a shame that Badcube doesn't seem to be around anymore. I've got the bugs, Gears, Sideswipe and Red Alert from them and they are good figures.

• Like Like x 1
  11. pilot00

The insecticons were my first from them. I love MMC but their insecticons were a let down. I havent seen upclose the FT ones, but the insceticons are not characters I am in so much in order to have the best available versions, so I am happy with the second next if it means affordability. The fact that I can mess with them (unlike I suppose the FT ones), is a great bonus.

12. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I had the Fanstoys ones and sold them a while ago for $410 for the set. Didn’t want to rip anyone off lol. I bought these last year loose for $150 and they can be handled without fear of breaking. I never even tabbed the shoulder clips in FT Kickback for fear of breaking them. Also these hide the leg kibble a lot better

• Like Like x 2
  13. pilot00

Yeah, I Actually forgot to say this in my previous post. They are the cleanest of the bunch.

14. TransformerFanatic

TransformerFanatic When a spark goes online, there is great joy...

If anyone ever wants to part with these guys for a reasonable price, lmk!

I really can't find them anywhere but ebay for $260 :/

15. Mentasm

Mentasm I check in, but I don't check out.

YouTube (Handle):
    Jesus, I really wish I'd bought a spare set last year when they were super cheap. I only paid £130 for mine second hand and that was more than the reissue!

16. JBrock

JBrock Well-Known Member

260 is still reasonable when compared to FT. I’ve had these guys since their initial release and I still sing their praises. Only hiccup is Bombshells lower legs but everything else is on point. Had the FT bugs and wasn’t impressed.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Big Hache

Big Hache Perfect

News Credits:
    I had the FT set and while I liked them, the prices they were starting to sell at, I'm just as happy to have the BC set. (mind you I sold my FT set 3 years ago, WELL below what asking prices are now)
    I've had both BC sets. They're not as "nice" as FT but they're absolutely fine.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:
    This might be a bit too good to be true, but a small time seller on FB with mixed reputation is saying there’s gonna be a limited reissue of Huffer, Gears, Swerve and the Insecticons. We’ll see if it pops up anywhere else.

4A0D53A8-FFC3-4160-8E34-1B8E33D7D342.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  19. Darthmarto

Darthmarto Well-Known Member

I will wait with cautious optimism

• Like Like x 1
  20. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    Wow. I sold one of the first completed test shots, all 3, mib, for maybe $100/$120 in 2017. Bought them from Eddie at toy dojo during tfcon Toronto.

• Like Like x 2