BadCube OTS-01 Huff and OTS-13 Piper (MP Huffer and Pipes)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme One of the longest handles in the fandom!

Ebay:
    I'm still partial to Cubex Huff aka BadCube Huffer 1.0. It easily has the best truck mode of the three and the bot mode is more Hasui style to better fit in with early MP, which is my bag. Also noting for the first time, courtesy of your pic, that the 1.0 had more toon style shoulder design than the 2.0 where the shoulder joint lines up with the top of the arm. The FT does look like it walked right out of a G1 episode, which is and isn't a good thing, imho, YMMV.

Or course Huff 1.0 was kind of a QC lottery in which I got lucky with the paint apps. I can see paint app thigh problems in the pic, which unfortunately were commonly reported at the time.

• Like Like x 5
  2. darkeros

darkeros Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Same here , I am still keeping my Cubex Huffer because I am tired of that "another company coming with a better one "never ending cycle .

CIMG3360.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  3. Dangard Ace

Dangard Ace Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I uploaded 3 files to thingiverse. One was all the pieces so you can print it all at once and paint it if you're a painter. One was the cab and the back parts so you can print those in one color(orange). One was just the hand covers to print those in grey. Sounds like you printed the second one.

4. marioxb

marioxb Well-Known Member

So I've had the Piper reissue on preorder from @Chosen Prime since December or so. At the time, it said he should be in stock in January, then February and when March hit, and he still wasn't in stock, I gave up and cancelled my PO, since eBay sellers say they have stock now. Problem is, I paid in full. How long does it take TCP usually to refund an order? I've contacted them and have gotten no response in a week so far. Nothing against them, they are a great company, I would just like a time frame.

5. DrCalligari

DrCalligari Does it come in purple?

News Credits:
    How did you contact them?

And when they do refunds it's through store credit.

Cube Huff was and still is excellent. I'm upgrading because I like the idea of having a cohesive anesthetic across all the minibots and Fanstoys is giving us that.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  6. marioxb

By replying to the cancelation email. Store credit? That's a bummer, but I can make it work. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  7. baggzey23

baggzey23 psn - baggzey23

News Credits:
    Thinking about getting this one, I like the G1 accuracy and want G1 accurate masterpiece figures but badcube isn't as accurate as fanstoys, with that being said I really like kingdom huffer and the G1 animation model looked very strange to begin with, should i get this or wait for another company to give it a shot?

8. marioxb

I like think it's pretty much perfect in bot mode. FT has announced one, but it may be a while. I'm going to mod the cab to be angled in truck mode and it'll be perfect IMO, and I think it would look nice next to my FT Huffer.

Just got Piper the other day. No instructions or videos show how to go back to truck mode. Am I done? Are there any certain way the arms sit under the cab? What about these pieces? Do they clip anywhere or they just kinda float there? 20220312_181336.jpg

By the way, MP44's trailer almost works, just need to close up the back of the hitch so 44's hook or whatever it's called stays in.

9. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just received my Piper from Showz today, after inspection, I found a very simple solution to improve Pipers backpack, won't take you 2 minutes of DIY time, and no harm to the figure, so later if you don't like this solution you can revert. Allow me to show you here.

Just 1 step, at Piper's back, use a small nail or small screwdriver push this small metal pole out. It's very easy since it's not secured like most Hasbro's similar poles.

s1.jpg

Now let me show after removing this metal poles, there are 2 ways to improve the backpack.

This is the original backpack size, you can see how big it is compare to Kingdom pipe and MFT pipe.

upload_2022-3-17_20-29-58.png

Solution 1, after remove the metal pole, the backpack is still secured with shoulder parts, but without that grep plastic thing blocking, so it goes down more toward the body.
    upload_2022-3-17_20-32-27.png

And it's still secured by shoulder pieces, so no impact to the look.
    upload_2022-3-17_20-34-17.png

Solution 2, which I prefer.
    After step 1 pull out the small metal pole, just turn the backpack (truck head) around and insert it again. This is similar to Kingdom Pipe's backpack transformation, so basically I turned the truck head 180 degree and then it can be folded very well.
    upload_2022-3-17_20-37-55.png

Result:
    A much smaller backpack
    upload_2022-3-17_20-39-39.png

And looks good front or above
    upload_2022-3-17_20-40-23.png

upload_2022-3-17_20-41-4.png

• Like Like x 3
  10. Blingotron

Blingotron Too Poor For Floor Polish

That's A LOT better. :thumb 

It's too bad they couldn't have allowed it to fold up.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bugste81

Bugste81 Ste

_DSC7099.jpg _DSC7103.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  12. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If only they had a bit more heft and rubber tires. Oh well, that's what the FT versions are for.

13. Craigmcgowan1984

Craigmcgowan1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Bored today Picsart_22-12-02_07-43-30-192.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  14. KremzeekTyCobb

KremzeekTyCobb Tears that soak a callous heart

News Credits:
    I am keeping my Badcube Huff as I love the figure, it was one of the pickups from my very first convention several years ago. He's on sale at a few sites for 29$ but mine is not going anywhere.

Same here. Pretty soon the FT Huff will be replaced by a self-transforming, cell-shaded, walking talking version and everyone will talking about that. I'm sick and tired of the cycle.

• Like Like x 1
  15. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

I know this is an older post but I'm assuming that once you do the version 2 mod where you unpin and flip the backpack parts, the figure can't transform without reversing it? Just asking since I have one of these little guys on the way. :) 

When you flip it for version 2 you showed, do you flip just the cab head or do you flip the whole assembly with the gray arm included and then repin it?

Thanks!

16. xueyue2

News Credits:
    Answer:
    1) Yes, the figure can't transform without reversing it. But it's very easy, just pull the pin out (when I insert, I don't insert it all in, leave a little at the end, so easy to pull out, like showed in the below screenshot)
    2) It's everything, since the cab head is connected with the gray arm, the red circled part in below pic. It's just like Kingdom pipe. However the Kingdom pipe allows you to turn 180 degree, but in here I pull the pin out then turn 180 then insert pin in to secure again.

[​IMG]

17. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

Great! I do think that helps a ton so I'll be sure to give that a try. :) 

Thanks again!

18. xueyue2

News Credits:
    Welcome. This easy fix make the humongous backpack to normal acceptable pipe backpack, I'm sure u will like it. The best part is it's not hard at all, since the pin isn't really secured like most toys, so with a small nail you can push it out easily.

19. Choostopher

Choostopher Nostalgia Tourist

It's his face isn't it? All of them are gorgeous but the Huff 2.0 has the right emotion captured in the face.... I have to get one.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Darthmarto

Darthmarto Well-Known Member

Let me know I have one for sale

• Like Like x 1