Bad "South Park" news...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paladin, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Death to the Super Adventure Club!!! :lol 

2. Sixshot

Sixshot Jeff Goldbluman Group

News Credits:
    What a great episode.

3. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    Darth Chef, Brilliant!

The problem there is like most cults you can't get out.

4. edkwon

edkwon Active Member

That ep was brutally horrible and hilarious. The way they pieced together his lines from old clips.

btw was that 'recap' at the beginning of the ep from the previous season or was it totally made up?

Ed

5. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I find most episodes of South Park enjoyable, but I just didn't like this one. It went too far, not out of shock value, or to bring a message, it just seemed out of spite.

Just because Hayes no longer agreed with the shows message, Stone and Parker decided to humiliate him and the character he portrayed for so many years. The show has never had class, but I thought for some reason that they would be smarter about it.

6. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I watched South Park for the first time in a long time and I must say it's a very interesting episode. Using his old lines pieced together is a nice concept. I may start watching if Darth Chef makes occassional visits from now on.

7. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    Actually I think they did a good job and were more respectful to Hayes than I expected. The shots at Scientology and Hayes being brainwashed weren't meant to be anything more than thinly veiled. It did have a recurring theme of "Don't really blame Chef, it's not all of his own doing" and if the stories about the quitting and statements to the press coming from Hayes handlers and not Hayes himself are true, than that was a good way to confront that. I really liked the speech at the funeral about all the good times with Chef, and how not to remember Chef simply by the events of the last few days...brilliant and well said IMHO.

8. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

I don't think it was as much a jab at Hayes as it was at Scientology. The kids kept saying how great Chef was and that he was brainwahsed. In fact they went out of their way to show that the club was actively trying to re-brainwash him. Then they had a very nice eulogy at the end.

Yes it was a bit of a dig at Hayes, but it was really making fun of his religion. Overall, great episode.

9. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

Did you really even watch the episode? The episode makes fun of the situation but it still talked about how they really aren't mad with him over the choices that he's made and that everyone should remember the good times that they had with him. They couldn't just ignore the whole Chef event and I think they handled it well.

10. edkwon

edkwon Active Member

Spoiler Screencap

Arise.................. DARTH CHEF! (do not scroll down if you don't wish to see this)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    They've said that a replacement for Hayes has already been hired and the "new season" will start with Chef returning to normal but his voice being different which gets him in trouble and the kids have to help him.

12. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    Wasn't that what we got last night? :) 

13. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I watched it. It just bothered me that they portrayed him as a child molester, brainwashed or not. And now they are probably going to have him come back as Darth Chef and attempt to molest the kids.

I just don't think the comparison between Scientology and child molesting is fair. Scientology is a belief, and while I, along with Stone and Parker, think it is silly, it's ultimately harmless to others.

I hope it was more of a limitation of the clip splicing that made them go with this idea, and less about getting back at Hayes for his beliefs. Hypocrite or not, Hayes no longer felt comfortable being a part of the show. Sometimes it happens and people need to move on.

14. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

I personally thought they were just attacking Hayes in general in retaliation, not necessarily attempting to make a link between scientology and child molesting.

15. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    I found the episode to be funny. Loved how they mixed the old voice clips together. And Darth Chef should be interesting. :lol  But I will miss Isaac Hayes though. :(  No one can replace his voice for Chef.

16. JohnnyWuFei

JohnnyWuFei ...where do we go now?

17. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Here's the thing with that. I'm sure Hayes is in good contact with Stone and Parker. For them to not know he had a stroke and his comments were from someone else is hard to believe.

18. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):

Well, he did do a lot (if not all) of the voicework over the phone, so who knows? Maybe one of his cult members took advantage of his sickness and claimed all that stuff was what he wished, because he was "too tired" to talk himself or some other bull like that.

A freaky cults gotta do what a freaky cults gotta do.

19. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Darth chef eh? AWSOMENESS
    A ligth spatula!

....someone quiting for him doubtable , but hey we know its a cult.....cults do creepy stufff.

20. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Now he’s an Iron Chef.

The child molesting angle is to make it difficult if not impossible for Scientology to blast the episode because doing so would make it look like they are defending child molesters. The real point of the show is Kyle’s speech at the end.

Parker and Stone are always going to try to get the past word in on any fight and they are going to go all out when they do it.