Bad form!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by OMEGAPRIME1983, Nov 16, 2012.

1. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok, so I'm wanting to sell my MP03 & MP06.I contacted bbts about them, and I just got their response.. $90... For BOTH of them... WHAT???? I'm honestly insulted.even with new mold Starscream out, the original still fetches $130-$150, and Skywarp finds himself from$85-$120. So I'd basically be selling them Skywarp and giving them Starscream?? Screw that. The way they're doing offers lately kind of sucks..

2. Wolfdawg

Wolfdawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All big businesses who resell used items do that. If you feel insulted by BBTS's offer, try to do a trade in for cash at Gamestop. I swear, they'll bend you over and totally forget the lube.

3. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Why didn't you just add this post to the other existing thread that's pretty much covering the same exact topic?

Anyways. You can still counter offer, or choose to sell them here on the boards or ebay'em.

4. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    It seems like there has been an influx of "[Insert e-tailer] offered me this?!?!" threads lately.

5. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

From my own personal experience - coupled with others' accounts I've read - don't waste your time re-selling with BBTS. They're either not interested in what you have to offer or they'll lowball you. I have read of BBTS making fair offers, but I don't know if said offers are actually fair or if the potential seller is just reaching a concession once they realized they couldn't get as much as they had hoped. That said, it's nothing personal seeing as how they're a business. And businesses typically look to make a sizable profit with very little investment.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  6. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Last time I tried selling them a game they offered me $5 for something they were selling for $50. Which is totally fine, they are entitled to do whatever they want. But I am also entitled to take my business elsewhere.

7. TheBigMachine

TheBigMachine Initiating JAZZ HANDS!

News Credits:
    That's business. They need to make a profit in order to pay their employees and overhead. They're not a charity. If you want to maximize your return sell it on eBay, the Junkion or somewhere else on your own.

8. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    The best any reseller is going to offer you on any item is 50 - 60% of what they think they can sell it for. Why, because they're a store not a collector they need to make money to stay in business.

If we use your estimates BBTS would at worst get $215 for both ($130 + $85). So at best you should have expected an offer of $107 AT BEST. So while $90 isn't spectacular, it's not as horrible as some people have reported.

9. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I don't know why you'd even bother selling to BBTS. Sell it here or ebay.

10. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I get its business, but I also know what things are worth. And as for putting them up here. I've done that with the exception of Skywarp, because I wasn't sure on selling him, but after seeing a custom in the radicons using the mp11 as a base, I decided to go throb with selling him. And just because it's business doesn't mean it isn't bad business..

11. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

This. Both parts. It's just what sort of happens.

I've stopped reselling my old games because it's simply become comical how little money I'll get; I don't think that they will give you more than $20 for any game unless it's a hugely popular, just out AAA game, in which case they may give you $25. For a limited time. Otherwise, expect $12 for a game they're reselling for $55.

You're basically giving them an exceptional deal for your own convenience. You're more than welcome to take your business elsewhere, but if you're lazy? Then you're accepting a lowball.

12. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    Seems like more and more people are trying to offload there excess transformers. I get surprised by how many For Sale threads there are here of people selling modern figures.

Yeah, there is no way you would get what you paid. Any retail outfit will pay less so they can sell at retail cost or more. That is just the way it works. If you want what you paid, try here or take a shot with eBay.

13. JukeOutlander

JukeOutlander Combat Antihero

News Credits:
    I thought this was a hate thread for a TFs alternate mode or robot mode.

But just sell on ebay or here.

14. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    It's not bad business though. Any typical retailer will try to shoot for anywhere between a 40-60% mark up. They're not going to buy for what things are worth, they'd lose money. So what did you expect them to offer you?

15. Shogen

Shogen Wreck and Rule

I'm sure if they gave people like you offers they wanted all the time. They wouldn't be around.

16. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Motorized Transformer

News Credits:
    Is it really that easy selling things on the board here? I tried before, with some items I was pretty sure people would want, and my thread just got buried before anyone responded. I hate paying ebay seller fees but at least with them I know people are seeing my stuff.

17. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

i don't watch pawn stars but from what i gathered this is pretty much what happened every episode, shop owner tells potential seller what the 'market value' of his junk is, then offered less than half of that amount to buy it, seller gets indignant and say 'but you said it's worth x!' to which the owner answers 'yeah well i'm running a store and need to make a profit'

18. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

The main benefit of the boards is that you're more likely to get the dollar amount you want than if you sold to BBTS, while also avoiding listing and final value fees from eBay. The only costs you'd have to worry about via the boards are Paypal fees, which you have the option of avoiding, and S&H. But you're right. It sometimes takes MONTHS to unload an item that's seemingly popular.

19. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I've sold a ton of stuff here with no problem. Some stuff I decide to sell on ebay because I know I can get more money there... or simply because it moves faster. Best thing to do is do some research on the items you are selling and price accordingly. If selling here pass along some of the savings to your fellow board members.

20. siccoyote

siccoyote Worst side of the fandom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No bad business is paying $30 to a guy for Reissue Skids. As a local shop to me did a while ago. That thing stayed in that window a long time trying to get $50