Bad Ebay Experience

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Spyne98, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Spyne98

Spyne98 Host of the Rock Nerd Radio Show

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've been using Ebay for years and I never once had a bad experience, until yesterday.

I ordered a Cybertron Dark Scorponok, and when the package arrived yesterday, I was shocked to find an Energon Scorponok. This figure was also missing his feet, which pissed me off quite a bit. I wrote to the seller right away and he told me he sent the figure pictured. He also said he hid the feet in the arms, but they were no where to be found (in the package or on the figure)

I took a picture of what he sent me, and the seller said it was what he had pictured.

So I sent him a comparison shot (his listing picture and what I got, with the difference pointed out), and he is continuing to call me a liar. I won't name the seller on here, but it really pisses me off. I am taking the needed steps to get a refund, but I have to do it through Ebay since the seller is not cooperating.

Has anyone else ever had this happen to them?

And just for kicks, here's the comparison shot:

Attached Files:

2. vidmouse

vidmouse Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about this...

I think Ebay has some kind of conflict resolution for things like this, but
    I'm not sure how good it is...

Also, I wouldn't have any qualms about posting the guy's id on here... maybe
    warn off some of the rest of us!

3. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    He....HID them? Yeah, based on the scenario you're giving here, i'd not be cutting the seller any slack.

And you don't need to name the Seller.... your eBay ID is in your profile. I found the listing straight away.

4. butchrecon72

butchrecon72 Well-Known Member

THey do. You can file a claim. I am contemplating doing that myself for something I just received. I received a "Lot", with al the items having Black marker drawn all over them that was not in the listing. Sellers are getting worse.

5. Spyne98

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I forgot, I have his ID in the picture, lol. My friend had something like this happen and he's helping me out. He says it's good.

Yeah, it sounded like BS when he said he hid them.

That sucks! I would complain too.

6. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    yeah that's completely the wrong toy. the regular scorponok was never even released in cybertron (only the dark version) so right there you've already won.

this should be an open/shut case for ebay and hopefully a quick resolution for you.

7. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    COMPLAINT!!!! That is bull. I hate scammers. Either they tried to get away with something or they used someone's old picture. Bastards

8. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

I haven't had to use it as a buyer but I have read that ebay tends to favor the buyer. Open an item dispute, item not as advertised or something like that. Good luck.

9. Spyne98

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the support! I was worried that people might think I'm complaining over nothing, although it is the wrong item haha. I'm opening a dispute tonight if I don't hear from the seller again. What annoyed me was he responded, "what are you talking about...that is the figure!!!!!sorry my flash works on my camera and you can see the detail and color of him.."
    That really pissed me off. I'm not trying to call him a liar, human error happens. But to say I'm lying and to ignore the obvious differences (and lack of feet) bothers the hell out of me.

10. harveydent

harveydent Unknown Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    That seller is being an idiot antagonizing you, as you can open the dispute with paypal, if you paid with PP. PayPal will simply refund your money. No need to return the robot. Ebay sometimes does this as well.

11. peaces

peaces Well-Known Member

the inet is full of scammers. i'm contemplating not dealing with it anymore.

12. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

file case with ebay, (they'll rule in your favor) then complaint to ebay some more so they give you free return shipping lable, then ship back a brick. "what do you mean i returned you a brick? i returned exactly the same item as your picture"

13. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    lol, yes this is the best solution. also I would add "srry if my camera flash makes it look different".

14. siccoyote

siccoyote Worst side of the fandom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I put it down to sloppiness and laziness rather than actual scamming.
    He sold you a different item than he had pictured.
    If you get a free return shipping label just ship the thing back, better to be the better man.

The picture is what you rely on, if it matches the picture that's fine if it doesn't that's wrong.

I have took the risk before of buying something where there was no picture or a rather lame description. I got myself an easy complete ROTF Devastator for £35 that way. But I pretty much didn't know what I was going to get.

But this case the description and the photo was wrong, doesn't matter if the feet were there or not.

In my experience most ebayers are good I'd say even 99%, So don't everyone come all hating on ebayers, though from the sounds of things American Users are worse than the ones I'm used to in the UK.

15. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    From the looks of things the one you got sent is also missing the two clear yellow pipes either side of the chest.

It's bad enough the seller sent you the wrong figure, but also that the one he did send is in such a poor state.

Hope you get satisfaction, either your money back or the figure you actually paid for.

16. Wingnut

Wingnut Stayin' Alive!

Ebay:
    Also to cover yourself be sure to document the return as well as you can. (A few pictures of it in the box before closing it up for shipping wouldn't hurt.)

17. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Um..., Why the hell would you not name the seller here?

Are you wanting us all to get scammed by the same ass****???

18. cvmaas

cvmaas Well-Known Member

Umm don't you give the sellers name in the comparison shot? lol Thanks I will avoid this guy!

19. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    He did name the seller. Its in the picture and he addressed it in another post.

Yeah, he noticed that and addressed it later.

~AAD

20. fake

fake Return to Innocence

Ebay sides with the buyer 9 out of 10 times. Sometimes as a seller , I find it a little biased, but then you read cases like this and it seems justified. Good news is if you file a dispute, Ebay will almost immediately rule in your favor and ask you to return the item with a return shipping label. And they will also take the money out of the seller's account and refund you. There is pretty much nothing the seller can do to stop this.